• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Called out for wearing a REP PP??

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
Hey guys,

I want to see any of you have any stories about being called out about wearing a Rep of a high high end watch such as a Patek/VC/AP and the like. I have a decent collection of 3-5$k gen watches and just got my first Pam 111 rep and i'm on the fence about ordering a custom 5711 PP/PPF build. I am 31 years old, but definitely have a baby face, people often think im in my early 20s. I drive a 981 Cayman and no one ever asks questions about my gen watches or the Pam, but with the 5711 - being a 60k+ watch now, has anyone ever called you out for wearing a rep? I love the look of the 5711, and I could honestly even buy the gen if I wanted to but people would probably still think its fake even with the gen. Anyways, am I blowing this out of proportion or do any of you guys feel uncomfortable wearing your 5711 rep out in public or in an environment where you feel like someone may know what a PP is?

Thanks,
TGZ

MATCHBACK2020

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/17
Lets be honest, 98% of folks out there dont even know what a Patek/VC or AP is. Maybe a Rolex purely because its such a recognizable brand. I actually think wearing a super high end Rep Petek or alike is less conspicuous than say a Rolex Sub. Lets put it this way i have been asked twice in 2 years if my Explorer 1 is real. I have never been asked the same of my Gen Cartier Tank Francaise Likely because people dont really know what it is.

xray7

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
Old Dart
Was at a function at a private club in London last year and a guy on my table had what I could tell was a rep PP due to width (says me wearing a TC V6 at the time). There were probably a few others in the room who knew it wasn't right. Maybe 10 knew what it was/purported to be. Did anyone say a word, in that setting? Absolutely, positively not. Decorum.

Reactions: Tgz and leo6929

xray7

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
Old Dart
You will be utterly stunned when you disengage from watch world, whether it's in your head/on your screen, or with a few colleagues who know their stuff, that very few people will do more, ever, than merely glance at your wrist affixed time keeping device.

Rayquaza

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
25/1/19
I just bought a PPF nautilus and I only got compliments and indiscreet looks :p, especially yester in a bar.

Reactions: Tgz

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
I definitely wouldn't get it if I were you. Me, I can pull it off easily, but by the sound of it you should stick to invisible/safe cheap Gens.

is this a troll quote? haha I cant tell. If it isn't, please elaborate because im curious to your reasons

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
Are you a good looking person? If not, stick with casio as no one will believe you even if you wear a gen Swatch. That’s how the world works son. :D

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

funny and true. Yeah im easy on the eyes. lol

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
I currently work form home have my own business - but currently interviewing for a second job which is a B2B sales position. I will be working directly with CEO's/CFO's and a lot of other successful individuals. its more so THESE sort of people that im worried about talking about a 5711. How embarrassing meeting with a CEO, striking up a conversation about my timepiece and "oh yeah... this? its a replica".... yeah

yongsum

Supporter
Certified
3/6/19
yeah really starting to think people should just wear what makes them happy. i was recently at an older friends 50th and dressed up snazzy with my two tone gen yachtmaster. on a black shirt/suit it popped pretty loud, but did anyone even glance ? no. and almost everyone in that room makes over 200k and owns a 2m + home. watches just not for that crowd.

alternatively, went out to dinner recently and wore a gen pam 005, big watch. but the middle eastern guy next to us was wearing a 50mm at least, fake gold, blinged out POS. but did that matter to anyone ? nah. i could tell he loved it so good on him.

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
My neighbor, Yoder, is a buggy mechanic, and he is the CEO at his buggy shop. His brother, Amos, who works for Yoder is the CFO since he know how to count money. Every time they see me, they always say that they admire my full gold Canal St. Daytona. They believe it is the real deal.

I am sure you can convince those CEOs and CFOs to do business with you even though you are wearing a fugazi.

:coax:

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
With most watches you get from a TD that you did your homework on before buying you will be fine. People just stare, the haters will think your gen is a rep regardless. Dress accordingly (which I assume you do during work anyways) and act the part. You will be fine.

Reactions: p0pperini and Tgz