• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replacement SA Black Steel bezel screws?

projectologist

2/12/08
Pic shows where the screw came off. When I checked the others to make sure they were secure, I was surprised to find that they all spin freely... they can not be tightened or loosened. This is my first Breitling rep, so I don't know if this is the case for all models.

I purchased it from a member. It was a face to face deal with someone I know and trust, so no issues there. Has anyone else dealt with this problem? Since I didn't purchase the watch directly from Josh or Andrew I am hesitant to approach them for spares. Also, how do you attach them as I do not see any threads in the empty hole.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

sablack01.jpg

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
go to the request for part /links/bracelet on the main page to see if any of our members have spares?

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
projectologist said:
Pic shows where the screw came off. When I checked the others to make sure they were secure, I was surprised to find that they all spin freely... they can not be tightened or loosened. This is my first Breitling rep, so I don't know if this is the case for all models.

You're correct. Breilting reps that come from Hublot maker, which are more expensive and known as V2 (S/S Skyland V2, BlackSteel V2, Super Avenger V2 etc), all have bezel screws for decoration purposes only. The bezel on these models are press mounted to the case, unlike the cheaper versions V1/V3 from another rep factory that are secured to the case with the real screws like the gens.

This was a major disapointment with many rep collectors after they found out their bezels couldn't be removed in a standard Breilting way by removing the 8 screws, especialy after the claims made from the dealers that all the parst on teh V2 models are interchangeable with teh gen parts...what a pile of cr@p...

BTW, Ziggy reported that once the bezel is removed from the V2 Breitling rep it cannot be mounted again without damaging the assembly. Pretty much a one way street.

I know I haven't helped you in searching for the missing screw here, but hope this helps a bit,
babola

Veratio

13/3/07
Super Avenger blacksteel? Is this what I think it is or is it just mislabeled?

Veratio

13/3/07
I´m going to bump this one. I am curious, is there a Super Avenger Blacksteel available, and if, where can I find it?

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
Veratio said:
I´m going to bump this one. I am curious, is there a Super Avenger Blacksteel available, and if, where can I find it?

No not yet, but better start saving, Angus says it could be any day now...it will come from the same factory (Hublot maker) that released AS Blacksteel V2...so expect the price tag shock :cry:

Veratio

13/3/07
babola,

Excellent news. I am ok with a higher pricetag, love my white dialled SA, but I think a stealth Blacksteel would suit me perfect.

Can´t wait!