• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calling all Breitling Fans.. WHAT'S THIS MODEL?

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Ok all of you breitling fans,, What can you tell me about this watch?

Bad Replica, got it all wrong?
Fantasy Watch?
Good Genuine?

mybce001.jpg

ceramic_sub034.jpg

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
some sort of 125th anniversary model?

I think it looks really good.

exeekias

24/11/08
I don't know exactly but I want one :)

Looks like the rhodium dial chronomat but with red subdial hands.
I haven't seen the red hands before but they look sweet.
Customized gen or special edition?

If it's a rep, it's a good one. sign me up.

AudioFanKJ

Horology Curious
11/2/09
It is a rep. The Genuine shows a glimpse of this watch on page 129 of their catalog.

Or on their website, go to this link, and click the "versions" and then you can click on the actual gen to enlarge the photo.

http://www.breitling.com/en/#/models/windrider/chronomat/

On the first look it appears to be a decent copy - well, by a color blind rep maker...

Most appears decent until you glance at the 1 o'clock position... and see red...

AudioFanKJ

Horology Curious
11/2/09
Actually - all subdial hands on the gen are not red, nor is the tip of the chrono seconds hand...

The subdials also appear to be silver or metallic on the gen.

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
AudioFanKJ said:
It is a rep. The Genuine shows a glimpse of this watch on page 129 of their catalog.

Or on their website, go to this link, and click the "versions" and then you can click on the actual gen to enlarge the photo.

http://www.breitling.com/en/#/models/windrider/chronomat/

On the first look it appears to be a decent copy - well, by a color blind rep maker...

Most appears decent until you glance at the 1 o'clock position... and see red...

Not exactly. This is a genuine article.
I saw this watch last year on one of gen Breitling sites and it's a SE Chronomat model from at least 2007.

AudioFanKJ

Horology Curious
11/2/09
OK, I will gracefully accept my beat down and wave my white flag o noobie surrender...

I happened to fall in love with a Breitling Navitimer when looking at a jewelers with the wife... which landed me registered here a few days later...

Had the catalog and thought I could nail this one down.

Never thought of previous models. :roll:

Will chalk that one up to learning... Thanks for the correction.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
so D4M what limited edition series is this? It is for sure a gen but i've never seen this color combo before.

dizz

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I am happy to report that this is my new Genuine BCE 25th Anniversary (of the chronomat line) Limited Edition (only 300 made) for 2009.

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
daytona4me said:
I am happy to report that this is my new Genuine BCE 25th Anniversary (of the chronomat line) Limited Edition (only 300 made) for 2009.

I'm sure I've seen it before...or could that be the one with differently colored hands. 20th annyversary BCE maybe..?

Anyway, send it off to Guangzhou for 1:1 rep-ing! I'm sure China-Mike would provide assistance if required :)

Wear it in good health!

exeekias

24/11/08
Congrats, man, that's a beautiful watch you have there :)
So, is it the rhodium dial? :p

edit: oh and mods please move this to the gens forum.

D

d4m.test

Dang that is gorgeous.

I will take the rep the day it comes out!!!

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Nice choice D4M! You weren't kidding when you said you were getting a gen, you sure did it right!

Wear it well my friend!

Para

Renowned Member
24/10/08
Do you remember the wolf character in old cartoons whistling his head off... well, that's me looking at that watch... damn fine, damn fine.

Great choice, congrats!

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Re: Calling all Breitling Fans.. More Pictures..

Here's a Gen Lume Shot.. and let me tell you how lucky I am to have this letter. The letter actually arrived to dealers weeks before the watch did.
Most all dealers just pitched this letter,, thankfully my dealer kept it around for some reason, and now.. it makes the watch worth even more!
A collectors item for sure,, I lucked out!

Thanks for the nice words guys,, I appreciate it.

mybce010.jpg

mybce012.jpg

Para

Renowned Member
24/10/08
Re: Calling all Breitling Fans.. More Pictures..

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

[My face should say enough]

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
you are a lucky guy, nice watch.
now I need to see a wristi!