• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My favorite watches...Bernhardt...check 'em out!

Tranman

23/1/09
The globlal master looks the best. I like the saphire and SL but where are the freakin' prices????

AGEMOXELOR

Known Member
11/2/09
Agenda? What is that supposed to mean?

Tran, the prices are in the descriptions.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Bleh, crappy watches IMO. For the price I'd rather go with Invicta if we're talking "gen-ish" brands. The only nice one out of the bunch is the "Officers watch".

CHOB

Known Member
30/9/08
You'll probably get a better quality watch in a rep for the same $$.

greg_r

Departed Friend
Patron
8/7/08
Yup - I'd agree with Guanaco. Would rather have an Invicta (or a rep) at that kinda price.

Tranman

23/1/09
modularspeed said:
Agenda? What is that supposed to mean?

Tran, the prices are in the descriptions.

I think he thought you sounded like a spammer. Maybe someone working for the company. OK i see the prices. Was up too late last night and completely miss them. Yeah, I like the look of the globalmaster for sure, but ofcourse I'd like to only pay around $200 and not $450. :mrgreen:

So modularspeed, what is it about this line that you like? how many of their watches do you have? are they solidly constructed? worth the money?

AGEMOXELOR

Known Member
11/2/09
First, I am in NO way affiliated with Bernhardt.

Second, I assume no one besides me in this thread owns one of their watches....so the assumptions and stated opinions of them not being quality, or worth the money are comical IMO.

Third, I own the Sea Shark....and it has been an excellent watch for the money. I have beat it up.....and I am in no way worried about any problems with it. He is a great guy, and runs a great business. I know of several people who broke their Bernhardts and had EXCELLENT service from him.

Fourth, these watches are very unique IMO. I can spot one from a mile away (ok maybe 10 feet) That is hard to say with most other watches. These watches have no replicas floating around.....and have a unique style of their own.

Tranman, I think they are a great watch.....I am no watch expert however. But the feel of the watch is incredible, the time it keeps is amazing, and the attention to detail is very impressive.

That's all.

Tranman

23/1/09
well thanks for introducing the brand modularspeed. The pictures could be better, but from looking at the band, the fit and finish looks to be pretty good. At least on par with invicta. Invicta has crappy or non existant lume, so at least bernhardt is better in that regards. I do like he uniqueness of the brand, but would like to see a date magnifyer. As far as comparing it to reps, I have a hunch most of these companies, gen and reps alike, get their watch parts from the same 2-3 sources so that would make them all comparable.

AGEMOXELOR

Known Member
11/2/09
Tranman said:
well thanks for introducing the brand modularspeed. The pictures could be better, but from looking at the band, the fit and finish looks to be pretty good. At least on par with invicta. Invicta has crappy or non existant lume, so at least bernhardt is better in that regards. I do like he uniqueness of the brand, but would like to see a date magnifyer. As far as comparing it to reps, I have a hunch most of these companies, gen and reps alike, get their watch parts from the same 2-3 sources so that would make them all comparable.

Agreed.

But then it comes down to QC - Customer Service - Style etc....

Everything in the U.S. that is mass produced comes from the same 2-3 sources as well, and I would rather drive a Cadillac CTS-V then a Pontiac G8 GT.

If you post a poll on who everyone would rather get a Omega SMP from....Fakey or Watcheden.....we all know what the results would be. Same here. I know first hand what kind of time he puts into his watches because I own one.

I am going to receive my first rep here shortly, and I am sure it will be on par if not better then my Bernhardt. I was just wanting people to have some options....because afterall, with all these nice reps available.....gen watches at comparable prices and quality seem hard to come by.