• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How long should I wait to get refund from dealer?

okies

Horology Curious
12/10/08
I am a newbe here. I got a bad rep from Hont in late Dec. I returned it via express mail back to him immediately. He agreed to refund my payment. We had exchanged several emails. Recently, he seems to avoid my email. His last email was on Jan-14. I have been waiting for 3 weeks. Usually, how long it take to process a refund? Should I go to credit card company to get the money back?

thanks.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
I have read to get a refund and for everything it can take up to a month or two.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
If you have been offered a refund, you're lucky. Usually they only want to ship you a new watch. I think that speaks highly for Hont as a dealer.

Generally they request that you to ship back via regular air mail because of customs concerns on their end. This can take quite a while longer than EMS. I have had several returns that have taken 2 to 3 months and longer to get replaced.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Quick Questions...

1. When did you mail it back?
2. Does tracking show that it was delivered back to him?
3. When was it delivered back to him?

Based on the answers above, if Hont received it back within the last week, once he requests a refund by his credit
card company it will likely take 5-8 business days for that money to be routed from his account to your credit card.
Also understand that he did not walk into the local Wells Fargo Bank and request a credit card processing account.
The high risk credit card processor (what most dealers have to have) seem to take longer to process everything.

Rest assured, if Hont said he would refund you,, he will do just that.. unless you shipped him back an item that
was not as described when he offered to refund your money (example: shipped back a used watch when you said you never wore it, etc.)
My only concern is that it is very close to the chinese new year, I hope this is processed for you prior to him leaving for holiday.

aceman_1

Known Member
14/12/08
You need to ensure he gets it back first.

I rec'd a Concord C1 from Hont in late December w/ bad chrono module. Shipped it to his sister at his request via USPS Int'l Priority Mail on Jan 3. Watch is in China, however 8 days have passed since first delivery attempt and they haven't attempted a second delivery yet... Not sure what's happening there.

In my view, Hont needs to receive the watch before he can act. I trust him, that's why I dealt with him. I last heard from him a week ago saying that he'll let me know when the watch arrives and not to worry. I haven't heard from him since, I wouldn't be surprised to not hear from him until February due to Chinese New Year.

Don't worry, and don't flood his Inbox with emails - when he checks it he will respond. Hont is a good guy, if after Chinese New Year you are still getting no action from him then let us know. But I doubt it will come to that.

okies

Horology Curious
12/10/08
I used USPS express mail with tracking. The watch was delivered to his sister on DEC 31. He definitely received the watch back. Everyone seems to say he is a good guy. I guess I just have to wait.

regards