• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

a CALIFORNIAN EXODUS

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i was shocked to hear today that within last year 140.000 families / people have lost CA because of high cost of living /

bancrupt schools / unemployment / taxes.

thats almost 400 families / people per day.

shit

jetrigger

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
16/12/07
HOLY CRAP

Not a lot better in Texas right now, but we are better than some areas work wise for right now.

AllergyDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
3/5/07
True, but total population is up because of births and illegal/legal immigration.

I'm ready to bail myself. Politicians are incapable of governing this state. Most must have never owned a business because they lack any business sense whatsoever.

jetrigger

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
16/12/07
I dont even want to talk about all the illegals here. :x

LegendofSpeed

4/5/06
I'm a VP of a construction company and I was taking a look at some year-end reports this past week.... i have 10 guys who have fake documentation that made over $100k last year because we did a lot of prevailing wage work.... craziness...

Helmet

Known Member
4/1/09
Wasnt Ca suppose to have fallen of into the ocean buy now. Thats what the told us in school anyway, i was kinda hoping for a little beach front property here in MO.

AllergyDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
3/5/07
Helmet said:
Wasnt Ca suppose to have fallen of into the ocean buy now.
Talk about an oldie-but-goodie. I lived in Washington for a couple of years and I heard that crack 1,000 times.

volumecontrol2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/08
I understand why people are leaving california but where are they going? Not much better in any other state across america.

I think the people who have been hurt by the downturn are the rural areas in California. Lots of big companies expanded offices to smaller suburb towns over the past 10 years instead of getting bigger in the urban areas. These rural places is where a ton of downsizing is occuring.

horologie_unitas

3/12/06
i have a friend that moved to IDAHO.

1800 sf home, 3 car garage, 2 acres, brandnew. 190.000 $

he works in a prison - first as driver, now as a instructor on how to proceed after the prisontime.

every 2nd weekend he is a marine deputy driving a patrol boat on a huge lake...he was poor in CA, lives great in Idaho now.

@ jetrigger:

ok, we mind the illegals. be welcomed to work in the fields along Highway 1, picking fruit, 14 hrs / day in the blazing sun for $ 6 / hour.

so that we can buy fresh produce for little money in the supermarket everyday. who does all the dirty - minimum wage jobs and who shares a room

that costs $ 700 with 4 other guys ?

lets not forget that the rich people get richer by exploiting these people.