• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What would be the best daily beater?

jetrigger

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
16/12/07
I have a Daytona, and an AP ROO that I alternate with, however, with the Daytona now gains about ten minutes a day as soon as I take it off, but when I wear it it keeps good time.
I am an electrical contractor, and am outside a lot, and need something durable. And believe a watch should be worn, not just looked at.
Open to suggestions.
Thanks for your time.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
You need to lose the chrono watches and go with a three hand model. Rolex, Omega etc.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
fakemaster said:
You need to lose the chrono watches and go with a three hand model. Rolex, Omega etc.

+1....as I have so many chronos in my collection but for a beater I 'll choose a 3 hands..like SFSO, SOH, Omega PO,Rolex.... :wink:

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
A basic 21J sub is my choice. I have had one on my wrist for about ten mths now and have worn it doing stuff I'd never wear a gen for. It's been there while I'v done everything from jackhammering, shooting, trail bike rideing even had the watch hand holding a block of wood against a piece of plate while flogging the other side with a 4lb hammer to remove dents. Tough, simple and at 100bucks cheap if it does eventualy break. Just have it tested for water resistance before you even think of geting it wet.

Col.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
A 21J beats the hell out of a higher end one every day of the week in my opinion. And I don't mean a 4813. They are junk. A regular good quality 21J.

carnut

31/3/07
trailboss99 said:
A basic 21J sub is my choice. I have had one on my wrist for about ten mths now and have worn it doing stuff I'd never wear a gen for. It's been there while I'v done everything from jackhammering, shooting, trail bike rideing even had the watch hand holding a block of wood against a piece of plate while flogging the other side with a 4lb hammer to remove dents. Tough, simple and at 100bucks cheap if it does eventualy break. Just have it tested for water resistance before you even think of geting it wet.

Col.

+1. I've had a bunch of reps and the only one that keeps great time and has not let me down is my 21j Sub. Wearing it now!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
21J Omega SMP = bulletproof
Lum-Tec = missile-proof
Seiko quartz = nuke-proof

take it for what it's worth..

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
I don't pay much attention to Seiko. But apparently they are a prime example of how a watchmaker can build a product that makes a Rolex seem like a tinker toy. And yet in the grand scheme of things they ultimately don't get the same respect.

coling

17/10/08
fakemaster said:
I don't pay much attention to Seiko. But apparently they are a prime example of how a watchmaker can build a product that makes a Rolex seem like a tinker toy. And yet in the grand scheme of things they ultimately don't get the same respect.
I have a couple of Seiko's & there bullet proof

Sperry

2/8/07
fakemaster said:

Absolute, I wear an Rolex LV as my beater, camping, chopping, swimming, skiing both water and snow. its my very first rep and I silcone greased the caseback. I have pushed it to the limits and she keeps ticking.

coling

17/10/08
I recently got a new addition to bash around daily, It's a quartz Tag F1 that has been blessed by FakeMaster & for the money spend I won't cry when I scratch or beat it. I would love to post a pic but I'm still having problems.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
I keep getting this image of having a box of nice looking but cheap watches around. And when it gets scratched you just toss it and put on a new one. Kind of like the Transporter with those shirts in the trunk.

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
I love that about transporter. I do this when I travel to the States. I buy a bunch cloths and leave them hanging in the closets of the Hotel or relatives houses etc. Kinda Transporter like... :p

coling

17/10/08
One of my weekend warriors used for domestic duties
avenger001.jpg

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
Seiko Monster or a Luminox....

they take a hard beating everyday and will never let you down.

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
I always seem to gravitate back to my UPO for daily wear. That or my Ingy.