• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC for your input Sub ARF SH3135V2 - A request according to the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
kikoun if you don't want to get called out at work where a lot of folks have gen watches, then the submariner which is the most well known watch but unfortunately not the best repped may not be the right model for you.

You may consider simpler watches that are considered super reps. Look at the super and NWBIG thread in the general discussion. For example nobody could tell an IWC portofino with a genuine strap.

My 2 cents

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Yes i think is too close... it's a good replic but i think i would reject it... from wich TD ?

This is the reason posting QC’s can be frowned upon - you’ll get answers from people who don’t know what they are talking about. And what has the TD got to do with it?

OP, you are not buying a Rolex, you are buying a Chinese fake. It’s not going to be perfect. The watch is going to look a lot smaller in real life, and none of these things will bother you.

Reactions: cassapanca

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
What you need to do is fit the clean factory insert and gen crystal like me although the date is a bit too bold.
1ad14c1cd79011d5514037e7e628c9e8.jpg
f95ce20c83290f4a0159a8c26aa9e375.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really very nice! I think i will go for arf+cf insert + prof crystal (because i already have one)

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: botsyboy

its4me

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/19
because of the 50 near the glas....rejected it!!! its a known problem by ARF, but yes a PROBLEM. so why taking a watch with that problem? Seller try to get rid of that, so rejected and ask for an ARF without these problemes you know.....also right like some said, its a chinese fake it never will be perfect...try your best

ciaoman21

Known Member
5/2/19
EU
What are you talking about? Did you read the arf threads? The bezel issue is a known issue on ARF subs, so not a reason for rejection

yes i read the post, but honestly i think there are better ones...

ciaoman21

Known Member
5/2/19
EU
This is the reason posting QC’s can be frowned upon - you’ll get answers from people who don’t know what they are talking about. And what has the TD got to do with it?

OP, you are not buying a Rolex, you are buying a Chinese fake. It’s not going to be perfect. The watch is going to look a lot smaller in real life, and none of these things will bother you.
I gave my opinion and what I would do, for $ 500, I've seen better, that does not mean that I'm stubborn. I have already bought from Chinese (HKED 1963) watches, one of which is my avatar and they can make very beautiful products ... I realize that they can not all be perfect .. some defaults can be disturbing and others not, but we all have a different opinion or sensitivity, more the photo is so enlarged, we can spend time to check ... and it can be the trap! and the question of TD is a simple curiosity, I know that each TD will have the same watches .. but it interests me to see the opinions of everyone.

ciaoman21

Known Member
5/2/19
EU
I have an ARF from the first badge and I never noticed the bezel issue until I read in here. That is not a problem for me.
Regarding the amplitude, it will go up if they will wind the watch fully. To me the SEL is very important and the bracelet.
I also believe that the ARF crystal is better then noob.

c8867b850e8d057c9d700baa93b32856.jpg

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

for me this one is perfect !

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
This “flaw” with the insert engraving is a non issue. It looks obvious on blown up QC pics but in real life it’s just NOT noticeable.

I haven’t had a Spongebob or CF insert but I have owned a gen and a couple of genuine inserts and I can say the ARF insert is excellent.

ea49fa68e94cf6f98a54300a5245a549.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tucker and Rolemars

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I gave my opinion and what I would do, for $ 500, I've seen better, that does not mean that I'm stubborn. I have already bought from Chinese (HKED 1963) watches, one of which is my avatar and they can make very beautiful products ... I realize that they can not all be perfect .. some defaults can be disturbing and others not, but we all have a different opinion or sensitivity, more the photo is so enlarged, we can spend time to check ... and it can be the trap! and the question of TD is a simple curiosity, I know that each TD will have the same watches .. but it interests me to see the opinions of everyone.

Its an know issue on every ARF Submariner. So if you say you'e seen better, then sorry, you haven't - and you are being stubborn.
There are images where the issue is less pronounced, but thats down to the angle and lighting.

Got a picture of a HKED 1963 Submariner to compare?

Tobel

6/7/17
yes i read the post, but honestly i think there are better ones...

Even if you are right, rejecting a watch for a known issue is just disrespectful to the TD and you're abusing the system. So yeah you can do whatever you want, but dont advertise it as a normal thing to do

Last edited:
Reactions: Tucker

Neo_one

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/3/19
Pfft, more hyper nit-picking. Accept the watch, wear and abuse it until its f***ed and in a few years, buy a newer rep with even less flaws.

shortlegs

31/5/19
because of the 50 near the glas....rejected it!!! its a known problem by ARF, but yes a PROBLEM. so why taking a watch with that problem? Seller try to get rid of that, so rejected and ask for an ARF without these problemes you know.....also right like some said, its a chinese fake it never will be perfect...try your best

Seriously? Which part of "it's a known problem" isn't clear? Waiting for one without this known problem isn't going to happen, so why are you still telling him to reject this? And you admitted that a chinese fake will never be perfect, so what's your point exactly?

ciaoman21

Known Member
5/2/19
EU
Its an know issue on every ARF Submariner. So if you say you'e seen better, then sorry, you haven't - and you are being stubborn.
There are images where the issue is less pronounced, but thats down to the angle and lighting.

Got a picture of a HKED 1963 Submariner to compare?
Once again, I take the time to answer you despite the fact that you do not completely read my previous messages ...
I have the impression that you want me unnecessarily.
I am simply saying that the defect is more pronounced than others I could accept.
Proof is that there are many submarine ARF that I find superb!
On the photo QC of the subject my margin of tolerance is crossed, that's all!
there is no subariner HKED, I just told you that other Chinese companies copy beautiful watches and they are able to make beautiful technical prowess with a limited specifications ...
for example the price!
a Tudor ZF BB 56 v2 is just beautiful when compared to its price, less than 300 €
nd in my eyes there is nothing wrong
ditto for a daytona noob v2 with its fully functional movement.

what you see or what I'm getting at, we all have a different vision ...

Last edited:

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
You guys are worried about that small issue.there is a fatal issue on all arf watches subs,sd, dj,ym etc etc and that's the rehaut engraving spacing is wrong so it's impossible to align dial to rehaut.this is a fatal flaw schoolboy error

ciaoman21

Known Member
5/2/19
EU
Even if you are right, rejecting a watch for a known issue is just disrespectful to the TD and you're abusing the system. So yeah you can do whatever you want, but dont advertise it as a normal thing to do
Ok I understand your point of view ... I know that the forum is very active and that there are many beginners who register ... and you do not want there to be too many requirements on this type of purchases ... I understand it perfectly, but I prefer your approach more in the discourse than in the reprimand. at no time did I pretend to know the truth, I gave my point of view and I know very well that I was going to have remarks ...

its4me

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/19
Seriously? Which part of "it's a known problem" isn't clear? Waiting for one without this known problem isn't going to happen, so why are you still telling him to reject this? And you admitted that a chinese fake will never be perfect, so what's your point exactly?

what is your point? if want to buy an ARF and you know they are some batches with that problem and some batches without that problem...why to choose that one with the problem? sorry but this "near glass" problem is not made conscious...it was industrial machine fault or maybe also human fault...and you as buyer have to say "ok no problem" i would understand if ANY ARF is like that that, but it is not...so my point is, reject the watch with that kind of problem, ask for another model witout that issue...it is no problem for a good TD and seller!

so what was your point again? accepting this...its OK? or what?

YES, i also said its not perfect, like some have more and some little gaps on SEL...or some made more real gen like white color or something like that....but that 50 "on the glass" and other 10 with good position....the whole bezel is industrial failed!

Last edited:

Tobel

6/7/17
what is your point? if want to buy an ARF and you know they are some batches with that problem and some batches without that problem...why to choose that one with the problem? sorry but this "near glass" problem is not made conscious...it was industrial machine fault or maybe also human fault...and you as buyer have to say "ok no problem" i would understand if ANY ARF is like that that, but it is not...so my point is, reject the watch with that kind of problem, ask for another model witout that issue...it is no problem for a good TD and seller!

so what was your point again? accepting this...its OK? or what?

YES, i also said its not perfect, like some have more and some little gaps on SEL...or some made more real gen like white color or something like that....but that 50 "on the glass" and other 10 with good position....the whole bezel is industrial failed!

Wow so much wisdom for someone who registered a month ago.

Not sure what is not clear: ALL ARF have that issue, it's not a question of batch. I bought mine a year ago and I have the same flaw! So if you reject you will get another one with the same issue. Maybe more on the 40, maybe more on the 50. So what, you're gonna reject the next one too? And the next? How is that not a problem for the TD? They have to source another one from the factory every time.

If you can't live with that flaw don't order an ARF, or be prepared to buy an aftermarket insert. Otherwise yes just accept the watch and enjoy it

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
You guys are worried about that small issue.there is a fatal issue on all arf watches subs,sd, dj,ym etc etc and that's the rehaut engraving spacing is wrong so it's impossible to align dial to rehaut.this is a fatal flaw schoolboy error

It’s actually bang on on this watch I have surprisingly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kikoun

Horology Curious
19/7/19
Wow - guys it's OK. Lets please not argue about things like this. So much tension for nothing. I just wanted to get some opinions on people who are interested in the same thing as I am. I think I am fine with this flaw. As some people pointed out, no one will look at it, including me with a magnifier.

I have another question though - I got a picture with the date 21, and it feels a little misaligned. Feel free to say, it's nothing, you are being anal then I'll take the watch. I am not trying to undermine the TD or the watch or anything. Just trying to see if it is acceptable or not. The goal is really trying to get an opinion, not starting a war of opinions. I respect all of you :)

Here is the pic:

I find the watch beautiful. Just trying to make sure i am not accepting something I shouldn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.