• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

stupid noob PAM question

rotten03

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/12/08
Ok maybe not so stupid. But with the plethora of models out there, it's hard to know what every one looks like. Since I got my first PAM....a week ago, I want another. I'm leaning towards the 127 because of the dial and the crystal. The dial is simple and classic and the crystal just looks good to me. My only issue is the size. I'm a pretty large sized guy but 47mm might be too much.....I'm on the fence.

So that brings me to my question....is there a 44mm model with the same type of crystal? I know what's going to happen after the holidays, I'm going to convince myself to man up and by the damn fiddy. :) But in the meantime, maybe you guys can humor me. lol

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
there's a watch out there called the mini-fiddy... it's like a 127, only in a 44mm size.... it's a fantasy model...

you could also go with a 212 or 253 for that same look, but they are chrono models, and therefore busier dials...

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
If your wrist is at least 7" don't even worry about it. The 127 is such clean, elegant design that the size should not be a concern. Especially if you are a larger person. Plenty of little guys wear the fiddy.

ThreadLocker

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/12/07
You can get the same watch in 44MM, called a mini-fiddy. However, this is a fantasy watch. I would not buy one. Grow a pair and get the 127, it is a very nice watch. AllergyDoc is currently selling one in Member Rep Sales.

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
217 is a good choice, and every PAM fans need one :p too bad the gen cost around 18k

253 is has similar case, but i think the look is totally different
p1070127et7.jpg

even 212 is a bit different, i think 253 is sportier because of the carbon fiber dial, where 212 still retain that classic look - just a bit -
here's the pic that i stole from another gen forum :p
pam212paneristint2.jpg

rotten03

1/12/08
Yeah you guys are right. Last night I was doing some research and decided to quit whining and do it. So i'm looking into some options. For the most part I like what a guy did over on RG he took a fiddy "vintaged" it and put an awesome Gunny strap on it. I like the look but not the price. 400+. (Minus the mods I THINK it's an intro 127) I like the idea of a vintage looking beater fiddy that I can wear everyday, but I cant justify a higher end fiddy that looks beat up.

So there is a company that is selling a $99 fiddy and a higher end modded one for 200+. I'm not sure what the big difference is between the two. Those might be an option, then have cash left over for a Gunny. My only "must have" mod is good lume.

Trying to hold on to some cash or I would just get the one on RG. I MIGHT be moving to Asia shortly after the 1st of the year. I got the informal verbal offer, just waiting on the formal written offer. We'll see.

(AllergyDoc's IS a good deal, hmmmm)

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
get AllergyDoc's - great watch on a great vintagized strap.
I've always been a Rolex guy, even with my @8" wrists. The Fiddy looked and felt huge on my wrist... for about 2 minutes. Then it was just cool and comfortable. It's clean and simple and doesn't wear as big as it is.
Get one - you'll like it.

rotten03

1/12/08
Ugh, that watch on RG just got a lower price. I need it, how do I convince the wife? ha!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
rotten03 said:
Ugh, that watch on RG just got a lower price. I need it, how do I convince the wife? ha!
It's just like sex. Do it in the middle of the night and by the time she's awake enough to realize what you're doing, it'll be overwith. Then just apologize and tell her how bad you had to have it.
Piece of cake!! :lol:

JOEJOEJOE

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/06
Go with 127. It's a beauty. I wish I could pull it off.... I have 6.5 inch Asian wrist

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
levelmanroger said:
rotten03 said:
It's just like sex. Do it in the middle of the night and by the time she's awake enough to realize what you're doing, it'll be overwith. Then just apologize and tell her how bad you had to have it.
Piece of cake!! :lol:

So what you are saying is, it is far easier to ask forgiveness than permission.