• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NAUTILUS 5711 PPF Side By Side with Gen

scottamc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/10
I just got QC photos from PFF 5711 and the 12" markers are slightly misaligned, with left being slightly lower. Are most people getting that flaw and just green lighting and taking reciept of it?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I just got QC photos from PFF 5711 and the 12" markers are slightly misaligned, with left being slightly lower. Are most people getting that flaw and just green lighting and taking reciept of it?

Yes the alignment bis usually not perfect. It was like with with mine but on the wrist it's invisible. So it depends how bad yours is

scottamc

3/11/10
Yes the alignment bis usually not perfect. It was like with with mine but on the wrist it's invisible. So it depends how bad yours is

Glad you don't notice much Tobel . I saw a recent post, trying to find it, where it was comparing the pff white dial 5711 from two different TD's a month apart. And the more recent one showing aligned markers, more clear font in date wheel, etc.. So was thinking, maybe the misaligned 12's isn't common. Here are a couple qc photos I was provided, which I think makes it tough to tell. To me..looks like the 12' aren't alligned and maybe cockeyed too. Some others have mentioned something about the 9' marker...but not sure what that issue is.

wat.jpg

[
IMG-20190530-203925.jpg

IMG-20190530-203732.jpg

Last edited:

mottykytu

4/6/13
Glad you don't notice much Tobel . I saw a recent post, trying to find it, where it was comparing the pff white dial 5711 from two different TD's a month apart. And the more recent one showing aligned markers, more clear font in date wheel, etc.. So was thinking, maybe the misaligned 12's isn't common. Here are a couple qc photos I was provided, which I think makes it tough to tell. To me..looks like the 12' aren't alligned and maybe cockeyed too. Some others have mentioned something about the 9' marker...but not sure what that issue is.

wat.jpg

[
IMG-20190530-203925.jpg

IMG-20190530-203732.jpg

the 9 it quite good, the 12 is what you should concern but can hardly see and care in real life so don't worry much, here is mine quite perfect I think

P/S: How about date wheel, is it center?

Jrzekg.jpg

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
scottamc I would greenlight that, my Mk had similar if not exactly the same misalignment @12 and it's impossible to see it on your wrist even if you look closely.

djlyfe

17/1/19
umm, is this really rep vs gen? or rep vs rep... i duno...seems effy

Tobel

6/7/17
rep vs rep...nobody see the dot between 9 & 10 ?...

Look at the bezels and the crown, it's gen Vs rep

Now they probably purchased a faulty dial which would have been cheaper but still allow them to study and replicate it, which explains your dot

Last edited:
Reactions: Glaude

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
Interesting comparion and as someone new I'm learning a lot!

Can I ask on the pics of the GEN, the 47' dot marker is way off-line! Surely QC at PP wouldn't have let this pass? If so we're getting a better deal.

Yes it's way out, but don't be surprised. We all tend to think gen watches will have perfect QC because of the eye watering prices, but I think we need to get our heads around the fact that they are also assembled by humans. I remember I met a serious and extremely wealthy Patek collector over 10 yrs ago; he brought out 3-4 watch boxes containing 10 Pateks each. He showed us a particular one where the a "5" was in place of the "4" marker, or something like that. I cannot remember the exact details and I didn't know enough about Pateks then, but it was an obvious flaw.

There's also the infamous Air King with a "9" in place of the "3" marker www.gq.com/story/unusual-rolex-air-king-value

Reactions: Glaude

jackherrier

Looking Around
25/11/16
Hey guys super new here but is it just me or does it seem like the PPF has slightly smaller proportions than GEN (except for the thickness) besides that the bezel seems to be just a tad larger than GEN is that just the angle?

Tobel

6/7/17
Hey guys super new here but is it just me or does it seem like the PPF has slightly smaller proportions than GEN (except for the thickness) besides that the bezel seems to be just a tad larger than GEN is that just the angle?

Yes it's you :)

Reactions: jackherrier