• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

carbon fiber?

flynlow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/12/08
i love carbon fiber and have been looking for some nice rep using it but have had no luck. is there anything out there?

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
two if my favorite carbon fiber dial watches are the Graham Chronofighter Diver with carbon fiber dial and the other is the Hublot Big bang with carbon dial in all black and ceramic. These are the two that come to mind. The graham is much cheaper though and has been a very popular watch this year. Just about all the dealers here on the forum carry these watches.

dizz

flynlow

3/12/08
@dizz
thanks for that. i'll look it up. i forgot to mention however that i'm not into the monster watches. ~42mm max for me.

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
I have a fantasy Pam
w/ carbon fiber.
IMG_4606.jpg

Very cool watch
- has moon/sun phase (24 hours)
- date
- day of the week (1-7)
- and month (1-12)

:)

Goes well w/ my car.. which has carbon fiber hood.. spoiler and racing seats.
though... for some reason it leaves a trail of rice where ever I driver.. idk.. still working on that one :lol:

flynlow

3/12/08
now that I like! except for that damn CG lol

my car leaves no rice (see avatar), it eats it :mrgreen:

flynlow

3/12/08
wow i just came across one i would buy in a second. anyone seen this rep'd???

pic of Gen
movadoviziowcf.jpg

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
flynlow said:
now that I like! except for that damn CG lol

my car leaves no rice (see avatar), it eats it :mrgreen:

Not a fan of pam guards hu :)

o_PAM_177.JPG

I wasn't a fan till I got it.. now I think the guard is pretty cool haha.

- What kinda car do you race... / where do you race?

My mom and I have been working on a civic for a few years now.
We track it down @ lime rock park.

n24415739_31755419_3121.jpg

Looks very ricey.. but when we bring it to the track the spoiler and wheels come off..
we lower it a little more and its ready to go.

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Don't hold your breath waiting for a rep of that Movado...

Off-Topic: Been thinking of getting an AccessPort for my Legacy GT. 290bhp/305 lb-ft of torque from just an ECU reflash.... Stage 1 map would be 305/345, but I'd need a turbo-back exhaust. I think I'll go Stage 0 for now.

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
hooligan said:
Don't hold your breath waiting for a rep of that Movado...

Off-Topic: Been thinking of getting an AccessPort for my Legacy GT. 290bhp/305 lb-ft of torque from just an ECU reflash.... Stage 1 map would be 305/345, but I'd need a turbo-back exhaust. I think I'll go Stage 0 for now.

15 hp gain from ecu flash = a little bit optimistic..
Maybe 5 hp.. but 15?? Thats heavy gain.

anyways.. something to think about -
The ecu in each car is specifically designed to produce most efficient air/fuel ratio..
play w/ that and ur gas mileage goes down.. and the engine is exposed to more stress..
over time you'll start blowing things left and right. <-- but that's somewhat of a pessimistic view.. I just like to play it safe since I don't have the $$ to try stuff twice haha.
Best way to look @ it is by playing w/ the ecu - your making trade offs (your not gaining or losing hp.. your just trading stuff)

But I'm prob boring you since you have a kick ass car ! (I like them a lot :) ) and since your talking about ecu mods I'm sure you know your fair share about cars !

flynlow

3/12/08
yeah i know about not holding my breath. my taste in watches doesn't really coincide with what seems to be most popular unfortunately...

and as for the side topic of this thread...

a hint to what i race :wink:

DSCF0169.jpg

JMS

9/12/08
I have found 15 bhp can achieved through a decent ecu flash with a rolling road, air intake monitor ect. I managed to get my BMW 535i from 235bhp to 253bhp. Also i have just noticed there is no motors section on this forum, do think there would be enough interest to start one?

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
JMS said:
I have found 15 bhp can achieved through a decent ecu flash with a rolling road, air intake monitor ect. I managed to get my BMW 535i from 235bhp to 253bhp. Also i have just noticed there is no motors section on this forum, do think there would be enough interest to start one?

Oh oh I agree fully if you do a few little things.
spark plugs
+
synthetic oil change (maybe a full flush to clean everything out)
+
Ecu flash (or swap..)
+
Exaust..
+
Air intake upgrade

Everything adds up and before you know it your sitting 20+ hp better !

Like each sticker I put on my car.. I hear it adds + 5 hp :lol:

Didn't know you could pull +15 from a ecu alone .. might have to look into swapping mine out again haha.

@flynlow: ... I envy you ! only vet I've driving was my uncles 76 stingray..
and I got in a lot of trouble driving it the way I did.
I once got to take a viper gts twin turbo, around the track once. (though.. someone sat in the passengers seat and made sure I didn't go past 3rd gear :( )

JMS

9/12/08
seventhexile said:
JMS said:

Oh oh I agree fully if you do a few little things.
spark plugs
+
synthetic oil change (maybe a full flush to clean everything out)
+
Ecu flash (or swap..)
+
Exaust..
+
Air intake upgrade

Everything adds up and before you know it your sitting 20+ hp better !

Didn't know you could pull +15 from a ecu alone .. might have to look into swapping mine out again haha.

Don't be stupid, a sticker doesn't add 5 bhp........ it adds atleast 7. :D

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
JMS said:
seventhexile said:
Don't be stupid, a sticker doesn't add 5 bhp........ it adds atleast 7. :D

haha
one thing I made sure of was the body kit on my car had purpose, it fits all oem requirements (so insurance is ok with it), its polyurethane so its not cheap, but wont crack like fiber glass.
The main reason I put it on is the front has a nice opening for the radiator and the sides of the mouth go right into my air intake.
The hood is only 6 pounds.. and the seats are around 6 pounds each as well.
The roll bars :( those put weight back on..
it all balances out weight wise in the end.. take it off put it on.. doesn't really matter.. its a civic.. its a fun car to drive. If I really wanted to lay down some $ and race for better times I'd upgrade to a better car. Its an easy car to fix and take apart and its something fun for my mom and I to do when I'm home.

JMS

9/12/08
I used to have an e30 325i, I loved that car. Easy to fix, and built like a tank! What engine is in the civic? 2.0 v-tech?

flynlow

3/12/08
keep the carbon fiber watch suggestions coming....there's just so few we need a side topic on this thread too! [smilie=angel12.gif]

hey i have nothing against the imports, i'm just a speed freak and need more power to start with. love all natural setups too. :mrgreen:
i've done tons of suspension and braking mods cause i love a car that can take turns, not just straights. i've never drag raced in my life LOL, just road racing. I run at Buttonwillow when I have time.
I was just about to drop in a new motor (~500+ HP) cause the 383 is too slow now, but i think i'm going to buy a house instead. :shock:

2737Jmod-small.jpg

DSCF0173-small.jpg

BIG brakes

IMG_0160.jpg