• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the brig Moldy780

Moldy780

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/8/16
QueTip

Are you able to allow me to send you a PM? If this is indeed a franken then I have been scammed by the original seller. Please message me so I can clear this misunderstanding and send you the original sales link where I purchased this.

Reactions: Lexx845

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
C Master Raddave blackboxes

If any of you could also reach out to me or change my permissions to send messages I would appreciate it.

I'm sad that it was assumed that even after years on this forum of honest selling and contribution to this forum it was assumed that I was intentionally deceiving people. Would have appreciated a PM here first and been told that the watch I was selling was not what I was told it was. I would have taken it down, like I have now.

​​​​​​​Thanks.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
QueTip

Are you able to allow me to send you a PM? If this is indeed a franken then I have been scammed by the original seller. Please message me so I can clear this misunderstanding and send you the original sales link where I purchased this.

You sure, it was only this one watch you (un)knowingly tried to shift on as gen that wasn't genuine?

Reactions: Lexx845

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
You sure, it was only this one watch you (un)knowingly tried to shift on as gen that wasn't genuine?

Yes mate, I'm sure. Why would I sell frankens on this forum if I was trying to pass off others as gen?

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16

Though I am very knowledgeable there are certain things I can't spot still and I took the seller's word that this was gen considering I could tell it had a gen movement and dial and bezel at minimum. As someone who I more knowledgeable than myself, if you had reached out to me telling me that there were non-Rolex parts in this watch I would have taken your word for it and de-listed it while we figured out what this watch actually was.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Though I am very knowledgeable there are certain things I can't spot still and I took the seller's word that this was gen considering I could tell it had a gen movement and dial and bezel at minimum. As someone who I more knowledgeable than myself, if you had reached out to me telling me that there were non-Rolex parts in this watch I would have taken your word for it and de-listed it while we figured out what this watch actually was.

Are you taking the actual piss? This isn't the first time you're trying to make a quick buck. Do I need to remind you or can your brain remember that much?

If you get a gen, first thing you do is check through the numbers you can find. What number does that TT have inside the clasp? 93150, eh? What's the bracelet code???

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
Are you taking the actual piss? This isn't the first time you're trying to make a quick buck. Do I need to remind you or can your brain remember that much?

If you get a gen, first thing you do is check through the numbers you can find. What number does that TT have inside the clasp? 93150, eh? What's the bracelet code???

I don't understand, I have never been brigged before and I've never had anyone reach out to me about anything related to selling frankens before. I honestly do not know what you're referring to about me doing this before, perhaps you are thinking about someone else. Everything I have sold on this forum I have either broken even on or taken a slight loss.

Yes, I should have taken more precautions. It may have been naive of me to assume that the gen movement/dial/bezel alone indicated that this was a gen, but I noticed that all these parts were actually gen and took the seller's word that this piece was in fact what he said it was. I don't think this is unreasonable, considering 99.9% of the time a watch has a gen movement it actually is a gen. I'm confused as to why you think I was intentionally deceiving people by listing this as gen - I genuinely believed it was a Rolex watch. I've already taken it down until I know exactly what it is. Which parts are not Rolex? The seller told me that the case was beat up and was refinished, and I took his word for it considering that the rest of the watch was genuine as best I could tell and it accepted the Rolex 3135 without a problem. I know that you are extremely knowledgeable and so it might have been clear as day to you that this watch was not genuine, but to me it appeared genuine and I found no reason to question the seller. If an RWI member had seen my listing and messaged me saying "hey your watch is a franken, parts XYZ are rep" I would have taken the listing down ASAP and posted it here to figure out. I can send you screenshots of the original listing from where I bought this and you can see that it was advertised as genuine. Perhaps I should have checked the bracelet numbers but the rest of it looked fine to me so I didn't consider that.

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
I'm confused why it was assumed I was knowingly deceiving people by selling this as gen when I believed it was gen. I have sold frankens on the forum that are so close to the real watch that 99% of people would not realize. If I actually did want to scam people why would I sell these high end frankens on the forums instead of just selling them to a pawn shop or eBay or etc. ?

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I'm confused why it was assumed I was knowingly deceiving people by selling this as gen when I believed it was gen. I have sold frankens on the forum that are so close to the real watch that 99% of people would not realize. If I actually did want to scam people why would I sell these high end frankens on the forums instead of just selling them to a pawn shop or eBay or etc. ?

What about the fake hulk dial and insert you had on your eBay? That was before you changed your eBay username ;)

Reactions: Smoke

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Also a basic bish franken of a 15400 with gen dial and you call it a franken 99,9% couldn't identify as fake? Really, duh.... legend

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
You’ll notice that in the case of the hulk parts, when the buyer brought it to my attention that they thought the parts were rep, I immediately cancelled the listing. No questions asked. I even told the seller I won’t sell it until I can get to the bottom of this. See the pic attached.. I’ve been in talks with the person I bought the parts from to return them. No one has ever made a mistake?

Perhaps, if someone had some forethought and there was some due diligence before banning a 3 year member of the forum, you could have messaged me with these grievances, allowing me to deal with them. If you would have contacted me about that “rep” case which I was told was “reworked” this would have certainly ended differently

I’m pretty saddened by the fact that after all the time I’ve put into this forum over the past few years, with almost 1500 posts, I can just be banned without even a PM to allow me to explain myself. Surely this isn’t right.

3a394a7043a28c0f30d647c92e6195b1.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Also a basic bish franken of a 15400 with gen dial and you call it a franken 99,9% couldn't identify as fake? Really, duh.... legend

Thanks for the tag Q.
I do not know Moldy780 nor did I have dealings with him so I will not comment on him or judge him.
But a basic “franken” 15400 with only a gen dial (I would not personally even consider it a proper franken) cannot be responsibly termed as something “99.9% couldn’t identify as fake” just because of the gen dial,. If you’re talking about rep 15400s in general, the same “99.9% wouldn’t know” can be said about a standard stock v1-v5 JF 15400. Putting a gen dial in there alone does not make it something even close to gen and in most cases, it’s a superfluous mod and a matter of personal feeling rather than actual benefit.

I hope you sort this out moldy780 and I don’t believe in condemning you or anyone just because you’ve been brigged. But try to be responsible about your statements, some of us know our APs and overselling a description for personal gain is not something anyone should indulge in. A 15400 with a gen dial is just that and there is nothing super at all about it. It’s just a pebble’s throw away from a stock standard JF v5 in terms of aesthetic appeal and visual accuracy. I do not know much about Rolex so I’ll leave that to the bailiwick of Quetip and the rest. But I do know a little about APs and most “franken” 15400s I see here are just basic two-bit modded watches and nothing to shout about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
You’ll notice that in the case of the hulk parts, when the buyer brought it to my attention that they thought the parts were rep, I immediately cancelled the listing. No questions asked. I even told the seller I won’t sell it until I can get to the bottom of this. See the pic attached.. I’ve been in talks with the person I bought the parts from to return them. No one has ever made a mistake?

Perhaps, if someone had some forethought and there was some due diligence before banning a 3 year member of the forum, you could have messaged me with these grievances, allowing me to deal with them. If you would have contacted me about that “rep” case which I was told was “reworked” this would have certainly ended differently

I’m pretty saddened by the fact that after all the time I’ve put into this forum over the past few years, with almost 1500 posts, I can just be banned without even a PM to allow me to explain myself. Surely this isn’t right.

3a394a7043a28c0f30d647c92e6195b1.jpg

Stop playing the victim here. A few posts up you claim you consider yourself as knowledgeable but yet with EVERY possible example I brought up, your excuse was, I didn't know any better and I assumed the seller to be honest. Do you see how pathetic you are looking right now?

Any normal thinking person would consider some guidance and help after the first purchase went sour and you got ripped off but you continued to buy with the full trust mode and got ripped off again and again and again? Come on, who's gonna believe that? This whole thing is screaming bs and not only that.

Reactions: cap923

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
Thanks for the tag Q.
I do not know Moldy780 nor did I have dealings with him so I will not comment on him or judge him.
But a basic “franken” 15400 with only a gen dial (I would not personally even consider it a proper franken) cannot be responsibly termed as something “99.9% couldn’t identify as fake” just because of the gen dial,. If you’re talking about rep 15400s in general, the same “99.9% wouldn’t know” can be said about a standard stock v1-v5 JF 15400. Putting a gen dial in there alone does not make it something even close to gen and in most cases, it’s a superfluous mod and a matter of personal feeling rather than actual benefit.

I hope you sort this out moldy780 and I don’t believe in condemning you or anyone just because you’ve been brigged. But try to be responsible about your statements, some of us know our APs and overselling a description for personal gain is not something anyone should indulge in. A 15400 with a gen dial is just that and there is nothing super at all about it. It’s just a pebble’s throw away from a stock standard JF v5 in terms of aesthetic appeal and visual accuracy. I do not know much about Rolex so I’ll leave that to the bailiwick of Quetip and the rest. But I do know a little about APs and most “franken” 15400s I see here are just basic two-bit modded watches and nothing to shout about.

Legend,

Thanks for the reply. I was not referring to the AP frankens because I know these are not close to gen. I was more referring to some Rolex builds over the years that are much closer. Heck, even a noob with a gen movement would be enough to fool most.

Reactions: legend

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Moldy780
You have not been banned. You are in the Brig. If you had been banned you would not even be able to log on to the forum.

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
I’m beginning to think this is just a watch hunt honestly. I’m not sure what you have against me QueTip, but you’ve thrown everything you could find against me. Even the fact that you don’t like the fact that I list my AP’s as “franken” (not sure why this is a bannable offense).

I would like to hear from some other mods at this point regarding the situation. It seems that in the face of anger towards me, Que has just acted irrationally in brigging me without even a PM to clarify anything. Is this how you treat your long time members?

Yes, I have made a couple bad pitches recently that I now realize. In the grand scheme of things, having a couple of bad purchases over the course of severa years is expected and unfortunate. I don’t think you can say I’m dumb for having two bad purchases in four years. I’ve never gotten scammed like this before.

So, if you don’t think I’m knowledgeable, then so be it. And honestly, I am not very knowledgeable anymore as I have stopped keeping up with the reps as much. No matter what you think of me, this brig isn’t fair until due process is used. Maybe I’m “playing the victim” because I woke up to being banned out of no where for something that could have easily been prevented after contributing to the forum for years. If you want to call it “playing the victim” go ahead, I call it defending myself just like you are defending your forum.

trailboss99

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
Also, Sorry for any typos. Currently on tapa so it makes it harder to type out things. For example, I meant “watch hunt” in the first sentence of my last post

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
Also, Sorry for any typos. Currently on tapa so it makes it harder to type out things. For example, I meant “watch hunt” in the first sentence of my last post

“Witch hunt”
Sorry autocorrect

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
You being here was discussed by many staff members PRIOR to you being here

Sooooo

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Reactions: QueTip