• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken 116610 LV - Any Ideas?

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
Vvvlllooo Do u know whats the approx price of damaged dial off ebay? If i can get my hands on them and get it relumed per R factory that would be awesome!

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Pelagic successfully put gen markers on a BP dial. It looks amazing

T&E

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/18
I know vrf max mount default a BP Dial is it correct?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Vvvlllooo Do u know whats the approx price of damaged dial off ebay? If i can get my hands on them and get it relumed per R factory that would be awesome!

It depends on the condition but I’ve seen some go for around $300 or less. They are pricey but you save compared to a gen hulk dial. Pelagics dial does look amazing. It takes time and patience. I would keep the BP dial stock until you run into a damaged gen dial, then take off the markers Off the gen and install them on the bp dial.

Reactions: lmagg00 and KJ2020

ChinoWolf

Certified
29/10/17
USA
Its still a work on progress, i still dont know how it look until its done. If the arf didnt turn out well, i would pick the best rounded sharp edges on the markers and ask my modder to relume the markers and hands so that they are the same color. I’ll def post a pic when its done tho.

About the vrf case and the arf bracelet, my vrf bracelet have this little squeky sound which isnt oiled yet. But, i didnt bother as i bought arf case n bracelet already.

So VRF used to used BP's 9015 dial but they no longer do so when they create the VRF MAX 3135 116610lv? That being said, to get a proper sunburst look I should still source a BP dial even after getting VRF?

Also ARF bracelet can be fitted to VRF case without any gaps? Or does the case have to be ARF as well?

Thanks for the insights gents.

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
VRF used the BP dial only in their first MAX version. The VRF MAX v2 with A2836 has got a newer dial layout without gaps between „300“ and „m“. This is not BP dial.
The VRF VR3135 has got a nearly similar dial. And you know only the A2836 version is called „MAX“. Not the VR3135.

Although it looks very nice this BP dial is not exactly like gen.
IMOP only DJF‘s Hulk dial is able to turn nearly into black in some lightning conditions. Didn’t see this on others.

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
And something else: AFAIK a ARF bracelet does not simply fit the VRF case by plug and play because VRF‘s lug width is so slightly smaller. So I think you will have to rework the endlinks of the ARF bracelet carefully. If the springbar position will fit...I dont know!

Greets Andi

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
And something else: AFAIK a ARF bracelet does not simply fit the VRF case by plug and play because VRF‘s lug width is so slightly smaller. So I think you will have to rework the endlinks of the ARF bracelet carefully. If the springbar position will fit...I dont know!

Greets Andi

IIRC, this is what occb2 found in his review of the VR3135

VRF lugwidth ~19.9mm
Noob lugwidth 20.mm

Neither bracelet fit the other watch

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
Yes, vrf lugs will need to be modded in order to take arf bracelet. And yes you have to source the BP dial coz its not the same dial.

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
Guys, agreed on the dial - I had to source it too.

But the ARF bracelet for some people including myself fit the VR3135 well without any mods. Many people in the forum have reported that including a VR3135 franken that was sold earlier.

Either way, none of the cases are perfect and should be sent to Jon or Interaktiv or whoever to mod the case (and SEL if needed).

Now about the DJF dial - is it better than BP? This is the first time I’m hearing that DJF is better or maybe I misread it and it’s better only when it’s dark. I know their bluesy dial is good but got LV I always heard that BP made the best dial.

Anyone can shed some light on that?

Last edited:

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
I think DJF‘s dial hasn’t got the best markers but IMOP the color changing is really nice.
I like my VRF dial, too but I think it is too bright. It is always green or greenish in all lightning conditions. But never completely dark or black.

Greets Andi

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Some time ago we had a thread started by Itto. Hinclimincli showed this pic. Look at the dial:

4208a040f6b9baca68e0db5dedf1cc5d.jpg

Greets Andi

Reactions: Hinclimincli

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS

Interesting. Since the old-old BP miyota dial was discontinued, is the GMF same as the current VRF 3135 dial or the current dials being sold as BP by TDs or it is a totally different dial?

Edit: I've seen a lot of references such as "gmf aka bp factory 904 sa3135" which would imply that it is the latest gmf/bp dial. (Confused a bit)

Last edited:

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Isn’t that GMF dial BP‘s dial?

Greets Andi

Yes but it's more cosistinat than bp.if you order a bp 3135 dial you may get a dark olive dial or a nice green dial

bp gmf and vrf are best dials they are all made by the same factory

Last edited:

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
Yes but it's more cosistinat than bp.if you order a bp 3135 dial you may get a dark olive dial or a nice green dial

Got it. So, if its the nice green dial - they're pretty much the same else GMF is the way to go.