• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA

HEY HERE ARE SOME SHOTS FROM LAST NIGHT. ENJOY, IF YOU WANT MORE ASK.

Thanks for sharing, you're a champ. Seems like the gen has a slightly elongated tube too. The rep is definitely longer but not as long as I thought before seeing this.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Thanks for sharing, you're a champ. Seems like the gen has a slightly elongated tube too. The rep is definitely longer but not as long as I thought before seeing this.

yep not an "instant tell" as we are used to say

porruman

Looking Around
24/5/19
Hello Guys,

I just received my QC pics of the Tudor Black Bay 58 ZF I ordered last week.

What do you guys think?

In my opinion it looks pretty good.

However, is it just me or the lume on the hands has a different color from the one on the markers? (common flaw on the first version of the rep)

I ordered it from Puretime. Do you think that they are still selling the first version?

Link to album: https://imgur.com/a/s39Ynfv/

Here is what I'm talking about:

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I think I'm losing my mind about all the opinions regarding the lume difference. In most pics of Gen BB58 online it seems the hands are different than the markers. don't know if it's lighting or what. maybe they are all reps? anyone else picked up on this? even in uszilard middle pic it looks like there's a difference.

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
Hello Guys,

What do you guys think?

However, is it just me or the lume on the hands has a different color from the one on the markers? (common flaw on the first version of the rep)

I ordered it from Puretime. Do you think that they are still selling the first version?

Link to album: https://imgur.com/a/s39Ynfv/

Here is what I'm talking about:

I dont know if its the position of the minute hand playing tricks on me, but that 9 hour marker looks crooked to my eyes. I have seen many dials like this in this watch and the pepsi gmt black bay. I would ask for another picture to make sure. I made the mistaje of not paying attention to this and then i couldnt see or wear my watch until i got a replacement for the dial haha

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
Hello Guys,
What do you guys think?
It's fine. Marker lume look good, pearl looks good, tube looks good, looks like unofficial v2. V1 had much more green hands.

But get some pics to confirm alignment of 3, 6 and 9.

porruman

Looking Around
24/5/19
I dont know if its the position of the minute hand playing tricks on me, but that 9 hour marker looks crooked to my eyes. I have seen many dials like this in this watch and the pepsi gmt black bay. I would ask for another picture to make sure. I made the mistaje of not paying attention to this and then i couldnt see or wear my watch until i got a replacement for the dial haha

Thanks for pointing that out. It looks like you are right. It looks a little crooked. I just asked for some new pictures of the 9 hour marker.

Let's see if a have luck and it's just the angle of the photo. Otherwise, it looks pretty decent, right?

What do you think about the different lume color?

porruman

Looking Around
24/5/19
It's fine. Marker lume look good, pearl looks good, tube looks good, looks like unofficial v2. V1 had much more green hands.

But get some pics to confirm alignment of 3, 6 and 9.

I just asked, thank you!

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
Thanks for pointing that out. It looks like you are right. It looks a little crooked. I just asked for some new pictures of the 9 hour marker.

Let's see if a have luck and it's just the angle of the photo. Otherwise, it looks pretty decent, right?

Lume color there is nothing to do about that. Its just a flaw in this watch. Anyway i think this batch V2 is better then V1.
But trust me on the markers being crooked, you dont want that. Maybe its because the design of the dial, the geometry of markers and also because its a very clean dial, that in person if you have a little twisted marker you notice it immediately. i wouldnt go for 'acceptable' on this one.

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15

It seems good to me and you won't get anything better than this

Inviato dal mio LG-H870DS utilizzando Tapatalk

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
Hello Guys,

What do you guys think?

I ordered it from Puretime.

This is the latest batch. Your QC shots are as good as they get at the moment. I’d accept it.

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
Don't forget the crystal is slightly domed, so any pic off center is going to distort the markers. My go to is to ask the td for pics set to x:15, x:30, x:45, especially since this watch has 3 6 9 markers same width as the minute hand. Just check for overlap. Maybe identify which hour is most concerning and just ask for that. Honestly qc could be a lot simpler if there was a standard set of pics... or the td sets the hands to those times (plus 12:00 and 6:00) before even submitting pics to do their own due diligence for hand and marker alignment.

Reactions: postdramatic

Bero182

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/12/18
My crown and tube appears to be shorter.
This watch is certainly all over the place at the moment in terms of consistency. Maybe that’s why PureTime haven’t listed it as a v2 yet.

can you maybe post a few pictures as @uslizard did? without sunlight, so that we can see brushing

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
can you maybe post a few pictures as @uslizard did? without sunlight, so that we can see brushing

Here you go...
153f8e996065559072615fef32e78b3a.jpg

052439aeb855d582b76ca0f83a51b9b9.jpg

eaf3fbd1c211b95a5c699371df7efa18.jpg

029964116f52c0e44d352d13552588b1.jpg

e5116d9e085b2a5ddbba1bbd9244f004.jpg

50cd42b37afd10d2e3866027fb666da3.jpg

9811b1aa750eb979ab54c95e1fcb26e2.jpg

Bero182

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/12/18
Thanks mate,

by the pictures they are brushed the same way. Also the GEN has more black dial and black color

TheGarethJones

Known Member
4/4/18
I think I'm losing my mind about all the opinions regarding the lume difference. In most pics of Gen BB58 online it seems the hands are different than the markers. don't know if it's lighting or what. maybe they are all reps? anyone else picked up on this? even in uszilard middle pic it looks like there's a difference.

THIS. If we are still staring at pictures unsure whether things are SLIGHTLY this or SLIGHTLY that, no one will ever notice in person. As I heard tell many moons ago, if a difference to this degree will bother you that much, the rep world is not for you.

Not to say it isn't a bummer that they aren't exact, but it's more related to be able to accept the 10% difference for 1/10th the price.

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
I'm pretty happy with v2 overall. The lume might not completely match, but it's a world better than v1. Appreciate the more gen tube length. The black is a bit dull but looks better than gen when paired with the gilt. Zf did a good thing here...

I was hoping xf would come around with a version with fabric strap though. Xf seemed to do better with the bronze cases, especially matching color so well with the bucherer.

spacedinvader

Known Member
1/8/18

Would you mind telling me how you sourced the dial and went about installing (did it yourself, sent to an expert?). I accepted the one I posted a few pages back even though I was aware of slightly wonky 9 (didn’t want to be a nuisance!)... and it bothers me a little bit. I could almost forget about it but maybe I should try to change the dial.

T&E

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/18
In your opinion this 58 v2 can be a nwbig?