• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5711 how make a good Franken?

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Can't you just source the MKF dial or do you already have a MKF watch? I agree on your choice of the MKF blue dial, I've got a MKF v6, just waiting for the appropriate Keylog DWO to become available.

I bought the watch then didn’t like the V in the crown guards. It needed a datewheel and re-lume so I decided to go all the way.

Hopefully Keylog datewheel out soon. ;-)

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
The MKF dial will be compatible with the PF movement but it will require the appropriate Keylog DWO. I'm sure that Ultra929 and legend are aware of this. You and Ultra929's ideas for a modded 5711 are excellent.

Thanks Gilrob. I expect it to be an excellent example and am sure Legend will have a bunch of orders after this one.

mottykytu

4/6/13
Good luck to you guys,

It is hard to look for the BEST Dial blue 5711 now

For the CASE , PF > PPF in some points but not that much

Bracelet, I know PF really feel better than PPF but some GEN Owner said PPF closer to GEN. But if I was you, I will still definitely choose the PF in the mod !

But IMO PPF 5711 White do not need much mod ? the only mod I can think it to move the hold movement /dial/hands to the PF Case (If can be, obviously) since the PF Case is just a little bit thicker than PF, I think is will be OK ?

Last edited:

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
PF and MKF have been around awhile and seem pretty reliable. The MKF blue dial is very close to gen.

PPF bezel is not the correct size and dimension which ruins the esthetic of the whole front view. The crown sticks out too far. The PF does not have these issues.

The PPF white dial is fairly accurate and many members say it’s good except for the date window which needs paint I believe. So Mr. Marbella’s idea of putting a PPF white dial in a PF should look great.

Genta2014

Patron
Certified
31/3/14
PF and MKF have been around awhile and seem pretty reliable. The MKF blue dial is very close to gen.

PPF bezel is not the correct size and dimension which ruins the esthetic of the whole front view. The crown sticks out too far. The PF does not have these issues.

The PPF white dial is fairly accurate and many members say it’s good except for the date window which needs paint I believe. So Mr. Marbella’s idea of putting a PPF white dial in a PF should look great.

So the PF is case is the right choice, and you say for the blue dial pick MKF version above all other in terms of accurate to gen?

Is it also possible to thin the PF case?

Genta2014

Patron
Certified
31/3/14
And is the printing on the dial of the MKF better then PF one?

Chaosg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/18
Exactly my thoughts ! Which movement will you use ?

Im moving ( if it will fit .. ) ppf movement, dial & hands onto pf case next week.

Also using Pf bracelet, feels like much higher quality than ppf

Will use ppf clasp tho, better engraving.

Hi, I'm quite interested in this very same transplant, ie. the dial/hands/movmt of PPF white into the PF case set. Not too concerned about the clasp so far, but I guess there would be room for exchanging also the case backs, which I guess would shave some thickness off. I'm confident that PF's crown and stem would fit.

pls keep us posted,

cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Ultra929

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
So the PF is case is the right choice, and you say for the blue dial pick MKF version above all other in terms of accurate to gen?

Is it also possible to thin the PF case?

Yes. Most modders agree PF is closest to gen, as well as a gen owner which posted side by side comparisons. MKF dial is very close as well.

The PF case can be thinned a bit.

Genta2014

Patron
Certified
31/3/14
Printing on MKF looks quite close to gen. I can’t say if it’s better than any given PF but the dial color on the MKF is superior - most would agree.

Can you use the PF Keylog DW when you put the MKF dial in to the PF watch?

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Can you use the PF Keylog DW when you put the MKF dial in to the PF watch?

Great question. I have the Keylog for PF but may need to use the Keylog MKF. Not quite there yet.

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
Hi, I'm quite interested in this very same transplant, ie. the dial/hands/movmt of PPF white into the PF case set. Not too concerned about the clasp so far, but I guess there would be room for exchanging also the case backs, which I guess would shave some thickness off. I'm confident that PF's crown and stem would fit.

pls keep us posted,

cheers

I will post the result on Friday

10/6/13
looking forward to this as well. I'm still waiting for my 'super'rep as well. All I know is that MKF dial is superio, so might just get a PF one as well then as apparently PPF is not 100%

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
The Keylog PF DWO is not compatible with the MKF v5/6 dials. There will a specific Keylog DWO for the MKF v5/6 dials coming soon.

So the question is, will it work with PF movement on MKF dial?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
So the question is, will it work with PF movement on MKF dial?

PF movements and MKF v5/6 movements share the same Miyota 9015 movement, which the Keylog DWO is designed to fit on. The difference is in the date calendar window location on the dials used on the MKF v5/6 and PF models. This is the reason for having different Keylog DWOs for its specific application.

Reactions: Nivka

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Do you know if the MKF datewheel will fit on PF movement with MKF dial? Sounds like it should. Hopefully it’s out in next week or two.

10/6/13
PF movements and MKF v5/6 movements share the same Miyota 9015 movement, which the Keylog DWO is designed to fit on. The difference is in the date calendar window location on the dials used on the MKF v5/6 and PF models. This is the reason for having different Keylog DWOs for its specific application.

I'm probably saying something stupid, but: The movement is the same (apparently) and all these watches are designed to look as close as possible as the gen. SO why is there a difference on DWO's then?

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19
Funny, i have a pretty similar project.

I have a PF 5711 Blue Dial, Keylog74 DW
Brushing bezel and mid case
Silenced rotor

Sending that baby to Legend for thinning. I will keep the PF dial for now. Let's see how it goes.

Reactions: Genta2014