• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Daytona vs Noob V1-V2 and V2.2 Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
I think,the movement inside isn't a SA4130...

Title of the Video is a lie... That's not a 2019 Noob. The Fonts on the Dial and on the Bezel are way off.
More likely and older thick Rep with a full 7750 movement.

Reactions: zkrollex

zkrollex

Known Member
10/4/19
Title of the Video is a lie... That's not a 2019 Noob. The Fonts on the Dial and on the Bezel are way off.
More likely and older thick Rep with a full 7750 movement.

Yeah, and when he is setting the time,he rotates the crown counterclockwise.

zkrollex

Known Member
10/4/19
Here is a demo of non working ARF Chrono...
The video title is "AR Rolex Daytona 904L 4130 Movement",but everyone can see the minutes Sub is not working.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Here is a demo of non working ARF Chrono...
The video title is "AR Rolex Daytona 904L 4130 Movement",but everyone can see the minutes Sub is not working.

Some of the Dealers called this an "A4130" movement, but it was really just a 7750 movement with a decoration plate and a Daytona rotor added to make it look like a 4130.
You would only ever see it if you ever took the caseback off. Pretty common knowledge that the Hour and Minute Chronograph Sub-dials are not functional on an ARF.

Nice Video showing just how great looking an ARF Daytona is. The engraving on the Rehaut is even lined up with the Minute tick marks better on this one.

Reactions: zkrollex

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
M Scott thanks for all the effort with this comparison, great work.
I just got an ARF panda dial and the v2 noob. But wondering if the just getting the v2.2 and be done with it. In your opinion is the ARF panda dial better than the noob 2.2 in any way? Appreciate the help

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
I just got an ARF panda dial and the v2 noob. But wondering if the just getting the v2.2 and be done with it. In your opinion is the ARF panda dial better than the noob 2.2 in any way? Appreciate the help

go with what you like. He has provided an amazing objective visual comparison for you to make an informed decision. I personally prefer the quality and aesthetics of Arfs parts

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
go with what you like. He has provided an amazing objective visual comparison for you to make an informed decision. I personally prefer the quality and aesthetics of Arfs parts

I do like the ARF parts also, maybe I’ll just install the dial and see how it goes. Thanks mate

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

To be honest, I have very little first hand experience with the White 116500 Panda Dials.

I can tell you of four well respected, contributing members to this forum that were in the same position as you are.
All switched to the AR Factory dial along with other parts like the Bezel and Bracelet parts.

ssouthall6, guru, shotgun, and most recently, Nur-Uhr
All owned both Noob and ARF Pandas, and all have modded ARF dials to fit new 4130 Noobs.

Specs of the Daytona shown below are... ARF dial, bezel, and clasp. GEN crown, and other spring bars for better bracelet fitment.

Modded Noob 116500 Daytona

WP-20190505-15-37-57-Pro.jpg

WP-20190505-15-40-33-Pro.jpg

Maybe they will also reply in this thread... or you could pm them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunsurfer

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
M Scott Thanks for the advice really appreciate it, the ARF dial seems a little creamier than the noob but I have no idea if the gen is whiter lol... hopefully some others will chime in with their thoughts. Thanks again

Reactions: wrightp748

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
M Scott Thanks for the advice really appreciate it, the ARF dial seems a little creamier than the noob but I have no idea if the gen is whiter lol... hopefully some others will chime in with their thoughts. Thanks again

I also made this observation and guru showed me pictures of the gen with cream dial like Arf and also the white like noob. Seems there are two different variations in colour

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

Thanks for your kind words red1... I am in the process of ordering a new Daytona now. A Black AR Factory 116500 like this...

Reactions: Digital.

dashing

Dashing Around
20/5/18
Metroville
Through some bad (good) luck, I ended up with 2 ARF dials.
However, I realised that there are some minute differences between these 2 ARF dials with regards to their printing.
  1. #1 has a thinner font compared to #2, obvious on the 'COSMOGRAPH'
  2. 'R' of the 'ROLEX' in #1 is not aligned to the 'S' in 'OYSTER' on the line below. It is aligned on #2.
  3. Subdials font is thinner on #1 compared to #2
So, to all experts and noobs, which one should I choose to switch onto my NOOB?

VxyBxZ.jpg

Last edited:

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Looks creamy, don't know if it's the light or not on this gen.

I have seen lots of Arf and noob dials Arf is always like this noob is always white
98c38a1c1447bb309e7a8da99b52e700.jpg

Reactions: MrWatch71

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Through some bad (good) luck, I ended up with 2 ARF dials.
However, I realised that there are some minute differences between these 2 ARF dials with regards to their printing.
  1. #1 has a thinner font compared to #2, obvious on the 'COSMOGRAPH'
  2. 'R' of the 'ROLEX' in #1 is not aligned to the 'S' in 'OYSTER' on the line below. It is aligned on #2.
  3. Subdials font is thinner on #1 compared to #2
So, to all experts and noobs, which one should I choose to switch onto my NOOB?

One may be a V1 and the other a V2?
Splitting hairs a bit here, but maybe this will comparison picture help you decide...

Right Click and Open Image in a New Tab to see it Larger...

Reactions: dashing

dashing

Dashing Around
20/5/18
Metroville
One may be a V1 and the other a V2?
Splitting hairs a bit here, but maybe this will comparison picture help you decide...

Right Click and Open Image in a New Tab to see it Larger...

Thanks for the comparison picture! :) Seems like #1 is closer to gen than #2, especially with the thinner font.