• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Thank You sir I'm still pissed that TC bailed on us for his Ginault brand. There were plenty of people who wanted to buy his connections and remaining stock. Even his watch repair guy who was highly trusted and nearly anonymous. TC had SD hands, SD Dials and SD Bracelets I'm lucky but just like we all say HAD I KNOWN THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW>>> The cool thing is with Adrain you can put on a gen dial, gen Crystal, Gen bezel or gen/yuki/sh3135 or any combination of those ....Flat 4 inserts , gen crystals , Tritium dials, lug holes pretty much make the watch totally believable.

Did you get adrian to drop a yuki into the 2836 case? Now I’ve seen there’s a sa3135 option in these BPs so I’ll probably get that version and get adrian to swap out the SA for a yuki or SH, as I’ve already bought a Gen Dial, insert and DW for it. Just after some hands now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thrasher

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Did you get adrian to drop a yuki into the 2836 case? Now I’ve seen there’s a sa3135 option in these BPs so I’ll probably get that version and get adrian to swap out the SA for a yuki or SH, as I’ve already bought a Gen Dial, insert and DW for it. Just after some hands now.

Yep Adrian put a Yuki 3135 with gen auto wind module a complete service and some other gen parts in the movement. The crystal, Bezel, Bezel insert , Dial, Hands and Date Wheel are all genuine and the bracelet is TC. Adrian ado213 had to machine the case to accept the gen bezel, gen crystal and gen spec movement. His work is unmatched by anyone I have ever met on Genuine, Homage and Rep forums.

SD-3135-YUKI-2f024be5540022003.jpg

SD-3135-YUKI-3e6f7444aad073b48.jpg

SD-3135-YUKI-1f197b4a3b29c3a43.jpg

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Yep Adrian put a Yuki 3135 with gen auto wind module a complete service and some other gen parts in the movement. The crystal, Bezel, Bezel insert , Dial, Hands and Date Wheel are all genuine and the bracelet is TC. Adrian ado213 had to machine the case to accept the gen bezel, gen crystal and gen spec movement. His work is unmatched by anyone I have ever met on Genuine, Homage and Rep forums.

SD-3135-YUKI-2f024be5540022003.jpg

SD-3135-YUKI-3e6f7444aad073b48.jpg

SD-3135-YUKI-1f197b4a3b29c3a43.jpg

Thanks for sharing the info, a lot of work has gone in to make that watch what it is! It’s great.

I take it the 5 digit SD shares the same Gen hands as the Submariner? Or am I completely wrong there

Reactions: Thrasher

btobias

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/3/15
What I’ve noticed from pictures, (although not had one in hand) is the hands are still a bit flat and they look green too. The others can chime in on this. If that is the case, I personally would change them I think. But then you’ll find they don’t match the rep dial either and off you go to find Gen Dial haha

Had several occasions to compare my still stock BP with A2836 (bought three years ago) to a gen. The greenish hands syndrome is mostly visible when artificial light is applied directly and at a certain angle. Even gen hands will tend to a light green at certain lights/angles. I almost refused QC pics for that reason but seller (Sead) told me that it was only the brightness and he was right.

From my experience, at a reasonable eye distance (when you or others look at it), two things could possibly catch your eye: the pearl and the date (only from 20 to 23). And you have to know very well the gen for the first one.

As topic title says, this is a really, really good rep ootb. If you like this model, buy yourself one and compare it to a gen on your wrist from a friend or even a shop (do not show your rep in this case obviously). Then please get back to us as it is always possible that I might have missed something.

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
I don't see green hands in mine… here's in its beauty just arrived about 2 weeks ago simply out of the box … now it's in ado213 's hands for a complete beauty treatment (I love drilled lugs) and I'm looking forward to having it back! … but it's a beauty even stock imho!
Proud to be in the longest topic in rwi!

btobias

INMATE
15/3/15
I don't see green hands in mine… here's in its beauty just arrived about 2 weeks ago simply out of the box … now it's in ado213 's hands for a complete beauty treatment (I love drilled lugs) and I'm looking forward to having it back! … but it's a beauty even stock imho!
Proud to be in the longest topic in rwi!

As I said green hands happen only at certain light/angle but more often and greener on the BP than on the gen. However, considering there were many evolutions on the BP without name changes like nowadays V1, V2, etc I wouldn't be surprised if some watches have more accurate hands as it was the main flaw when it first started.

Reactions: stufuse and Seefeld

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Had several occasions to compare my still stock BP with A2836 (bought three years ago) to a gen. The greenish hands syndrome is mostly visible when artificial light is applied directly and at a certain angle. Even gen hands will tend to a light green at certain lights/angles. I almost refused QC pics for that reason but seller (Sead) told me that it was only the brightness and he was right.

From my experience, at a reasonable eye distance (when you or others look at it), two things could possibly catch your eye: the pearl and the date (only from 20 to 23). And you have to know very well the gen for the first one.

As topic title says, this is a really, really good rep ootb. If you like this model, buy yourself one and compare it to a gen on your wrist from a friend or even a shop (do not show your rep in this case obviously). Then please get back to us as it is always possible that I might have missed something.

I have acquired both the sa3135 and 2824 now. 3135 getting the franken treatment, dial hands, insert, DW & xtal. SH3135 with Gen reversers and service

2824 I’ll maybe keep as a spare I’m
Not sure

I did a comparison of both the cases on the other SD thread.

Here’s the 2824 in natural daylight still the green/yellowish hands I spoke about and present on dial Markers
f460a72a3294c1e59a9e078feb33eb6a.jpg
a414f65db4050925a5d7df51badb80da.jpg

f460a72a3294c1e59a9e078feb33eb6a.jpg

Very nice watches for the money though!

btobias

INMATE
15/3/15
I have acquired both the sa3135 and 2824 now. 3135 getting the franken treatment, dial hands, insert, DW & xtal. SH3135 with Gen reversers and service

2824 I’ll maybe keep as a spare I’m
Not sure

I did a comparison of both the cases on the other SD thread.

Here’s the 2824 in natural daylight still the green/yellowish hands I spoke about and present on dial Markers

Very nice watches for the money though!

We can see clearly on inclined pics that right side is greener. Angle and light. Most of the time it doesn't catch your eye in everyday life and it shouldn't stop any SD lover to buy one.

What is a "reverser"?

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
We can see clearly on inclined pics that right side is greener. Angle and light. Most of the time it doesn't catch your eye in everyday life and it shouldn't stop any SD lover to buy one.

What is a "reverser"?

No, they are still very much worth buying. Nice reps indeed. I was just showing what I mean, you’ll see even face on it’s visible.

Sorry, should have said reverse wheels

btobias

INMATE
15/3/15
No, they are still very much worth buying. Nice reps indeed. I was just showing what I mean, you’ll see even face on it’s visible.

Sorry, should have said reverse wheels

No problem at all.

Any reason to prefer modding the SA3135 than go say for a gen ETA?

GMT1675

20/3/19
USA
Just received my BP SD 2824 from Sead a few days ago. Loving it, but am researching the best mods to make it look even better. Gotta figure out which are really worth the time, money & effort.
VMDbqe.jpg

slashFAslash

21/7/18
I'm finally starting to receive my replacement parts after the watch has been sitting broken in my box for almost a year now.
Here's a few pics of the aftermarket bezel insert I plan on getting inserted. What do you guys think?

It was posted in here a few pages ago, this link: https://watchparts24.de/Luenetten-Inlay-fuer-Rolex-Sportmodelle-Schwarz-Sea-Dweller-16600-16660

Vev3IX.png

VevHZQ.jpg

VevOif.jpg

Also I have received and installed some gen-spec spring bars and a JF submariner bracelet that will be polished on the sides.

Vev5xs.jpg

VevaXp.jpg

VeyVn0.jpg

Only thing that's left is a pair of replacement hands since I'm replacing the 2813 with a 2836 movement.

Reactions: stufuse

btobias

INMATE
15/3/15
Just received my BP SD 2824 from Sead a few days ago. Loving it, but am researching the best mods to make it look even better. Gotta figure out which are really worth the time, money & effort.
VMDbqe.jpg

Date looks off first of all. Maybe it is just the "twenty section" and other numbers are well aligned. If so the insert linked on the post after yours looks more gen like. For now I would just replace it then when time comes for movement work go deeper into mods?

btobias

INMATE
15/3/15
I'm finally starting to receive my replacement parts after the watch has been sitting broken in my box for almost a year now.
Here's a few pics of the aftermarket bezel insert I plan on getting inserted. What do you guys think?

It was posted in here a few pages ago, this link: https://watchparts24.de/Luenetten-Inlay-fuer-Rolex-Sportmodelle-Schwarz-Sea-Dweller-16600-16660

Also I have received and installed some gen-spec spring bars and a JF submariner bracelet that will be polished on the sides.

Only thing that's left is a pair of replacement hands since I'm replacing the 2813 with a 2836 movement.

Now this is an improvement. Far more gen like compared to the stock BP insert. Thinner printings make all the difference.

Gen or Asian 2836? If gen would you mind posting a link to your source?

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Now this is an improvement. Far more gen like compared to the stock BP insert. Thinner printings make all the difference.

Not sure yet, I have a gen ETA2836 here that I bought on Ebay but I'm thinking of letting the Eta be put into another rep and use the rep 2836 in the SD.

arpa90

2/11/18
Im currently waiting for my BPSD to arrive. So in the meantime ive also been looking for gen movements. Ive found this ebay shop: b_line55cc
They sell both the ETA 2824 as well as a Sellita SW220, which is a 2836 clone. Both are available in top grade. And the prices also seem pretty fair.

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Im currently waiting for my BPSD to arrive. So in the meantime ive also been looking for gen movements. Ive found this ebay shop: b_line55cc
They sell both the ETA 2824 as well as a Sellita SW220, which is a 2836 clone. Both are available in top grade. And the prices also seem pretty fair.

The prices really seem fair especially for a new movement. I got my Eta 2836 as NOS made in 2002 for 90€ but it would need to be serviced probably before being inserted into a watch.

btobias

INMATE
15/3/15

Thanks for the link. It is always useful to have a gen movement source when the rep one dies.

btobias

INMATE
15/3/15
I have pictures to post but since the beginning I have this error message
  • You are not authorized to create or remove attachments. (no_create_permissions_attach)
This happens with pictures from computer and for the links from Imgur

Anyone knows how to resolve this please?