• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My new Heritage

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Today I received my new SO Heritage. I ordered the watch as always from my friend PT in UK. No custom worries and QC. Everything is great as always.

Before I ordered the watch I was not sure on the colour, I almost wanted to get the brown one but then I decided to standart black ( I have so many black watches :lol: )

As already reported in some reviews, the AR is outstanding, the bezel is great (120 clicks) and the size is very nice, not too big in my opinion, wears like a PAM with 44 mm.

The best part of the watch is the Ocean Racer strap, a must have strap for every Breitling collector. It was easy to size, just look for the springbars and then cut the rubber. The rubber is great, no dust collector and the clasp closes very nicly. The best part of the clasp is the fine adjusting and it works like the gen. I was told it was made using a gen as a sample, can't wait until the 22 mm version is available.

My next one will be the Super Avenger on the Ocean Racer starp.

Some eye cany.............

Heritage029.jpg

Heritage027.jpg

Heritage023.jpg

Heritage009.jpg

Heritage022.jpg

Heritage021.jpg

Heritage013.jpg

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Hey this is a very nice watch, minimum flaws (datefont). Wear it in good health. I think will be too big for me but your wrist size is perfect for this watch.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
takashi said:
Hey this is a very nice watch, minimum flaws (datefont). Wear it in good health. I think will be too big for me but your wrist size is perfect for this watch.

I think it will fit your wrist, it is smaller then the fiddy and as I said, it feels not bigger then a PAM.
Wish you would be here, then you could try it on :mrgreen: and we could drink some more Pils or Weizen

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
indeed... I miss the beer and the company :)

Well, I tried the chrono model and I think it's too big.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
well,

looks very good ! told you so....

did you check the movement ? what is in there ?

id love to see that !

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Stefan,

movement is suppost to be an ETA2824-2, I am not a movement expert, this is while I took a pic

001.jpg

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
2 more pics , I guess it is a clone??????????????

008.jpg

009.jpg

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Hello guru,

not a clone. a simple asian movement i think.

there 2 heritages out there.

The silix (/ruby) version. available in 2 versions. 21j (mineral crystal) ~120$ and "swiss" (Clone i am very sure) for 200$ (Double ar sapphire)

The other version is the joshua / andrew version. Better AR, correct datefont, better lume dots. You got the joshua / andrew version i think.
http://www.joshwatch.com/0000blsf10001- ... -4659.html
14.jpg

I think. ;)

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
This is waht it says:
Movement: Decorated Nickel Plated Asian Eta 2824-2 Automatic Movement 28800bph
So I would call it a clone of an ETA2824-2 or not :lol:

Anyhow, I have it adjusted and it runs great, just + 1 sec / day.
If it breaks, my watchsmith could probably exchange it but let us see how long it will run, I am really happy with the watch.

jerryss

10/9/08
Me either - they look too "omega" like for my tastes - I love that look in an OMEGA, LOVE IT! But not on Breitling - - but that's just me and my opinion

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
the movement is a SEAGULL ST24

24....because its a copy of the 2824

should work fine. looks good.

nothing swiss about it.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
looks like a great movement, as of now it lost 1 sec in 4 days.

and I cannot get if off my wrist, it is really a nice watch. Maybe it is the size which makes it so nice?

tonio_fr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/11/08
guru said:
Today I received my new SO Heritage. I ordered the watch as always from my friend PT in UK. No custom worries and QC. Everything is great as always.

Before I ordered the watch I was not sure on the colour, I almost wanted to get the brown one but then I decided to standart black ( I have so many black watches :lol: )

As already reported in some reviews, the AR is outstanding, the bezel is great (120 clicks) and the size is very nice, not too big in my opinion, wears like a PAM with 44 mm.

The best part of the watch is the Ocean Racer strap, a must have strap for every Breitling collector. It was easy to size, just look for the springbars and then cut the rubber. The rubber is great, no dust collector and the clasp closes very nicly. The best part of the clasp is the fine adjusting and it works like the gen. I was told it was made using a gen as a sample, can't wait until the 22 mm version is available.

On PT's web site, it seems it is not the same version, all I can see is the one with P and Automatic not aligned. May be the photo are not updated. Hopefully you have the right one. Very nice watch !

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
tonio_fr said:
guru said:

On PT's web site, it seems it is not the same version, all I can see is the one with P and Automatic not aligned. May be the photo are not updated. Hopefully you have the right one. Very nice watch !

Yes, I got version 2 with correct date wheel and Ocean Racer strap, everything is fine and pics he has are old.

Limited Edition

Horology Curious
21/10/08
Question about your Ocean Racer Strap,

Do you fine that there is a small gap between when the clasp is closed? If you push on the clasp once it is close, does it narrow in the gap? My OR does this and I think this is a quaility flaw.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Limited Edition said:
Question about your Ocean Racer Strap,

Do you fine that there is a small gap between when the clasp is closed? If you push on the clasp once it is close, does it narrow in the gap? My OR does this and I think this is a quaility flaw.

No, mine is ok