• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 10 Phrases That Are Repeated To Death Here

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Is this the thread where we can request an expression to be banned, because I would very much like the "PM'd with intent" or any variation of that phrase, to be expelled from the board :lol:

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Is this the thread where we can request an expression to be banned, because I would very much like the "PM'd with intent" or any variation of that phrase, to be expelled from the board :lol:

I agree.

Why does the world need to know you “sent a PM?” Forum understanding is that the seller decides buyer, not first come first serve.

Also, you know the next post after “PM with intent” is almost invariably “bump”

theslavetrainer

31/10/12
“Sadly part with beloved “ when it looks like all have worn her...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I agree.

Why does the world need to know you “sent a PM?” Forum understanding is that the seller decides buyer, not first come first serve.

Also, you know the next post after “PM with intent” is almost invariably “bump”

:rofl:

I guess sent a PM is like pissing on things for dogs, they have the feeling they already snatched the deal

It's the "with intent" that bugs me the most, how else do you send a PM

"Pm'd but I really don't give a damn about the sale" ?

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Given that this is an online forum, and that most members--except for the eternal "lurkers" (another over-used phrase) who are happy to just read and never make a comment--have to type in some words to participate in this forum, which is necessarily discursive, unless people just upload photos (do we have a word for people who just upload photos and do not say a thing?), it is absolutely amazing to me, that when you look closely at these automatic phrases that are used almost 1,000s of times per week here, that they are all somewhat absurd and even irritating in their stupidity, like was just pointed out with "PM'ed with intent." It is as if maybe 15% of the language here has any meaning beyond "I piss on this sales thread like a big Labrador to mark it as mine" when you really think about it.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
PMed - to signal interest
Will take once green - to signal dominance over fellow buyers

And of course the phrase reserved for the manliest and most well-endowed of us all
PMed with strong intent - usually followed with a smug "Payment sent"

Made me laugh this one!

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
One that makes me chuckle from M2M is

“If I hadn’t just ordered (insert number of watches with factory name & model) I’d be all over this” followed by a “GLWS” usually seen on HV sales.

I take it to mean, someone who saw the piece, loved it, then saw the price and thought ‘mmm that’s not for me’.

The other that’s similar to this Is “if this was CONUS/ EU Id be all over this” then seller opens up world wide and they nowhere to be seen.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
:rofl:

I guess sent a PM is like pissing on things for dogs, they have the feeling they already snatched the deal

It's the "with intent" that bugs me the most, how else do you send a PM

"Pm'd but I really don't give a damn about the sale" ?

I’d day some do just pm just to flirt with the idea of purchasing, they never really want to commit to buying. Found that a lot.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I have a new phrase to add (this one really irritates me): "What is your best price for ...?" Answer: maybe a price with a slight discount of 5% or so. Followed by: "Would you take (some price about 50% of the asking price or something even more insultingly cheap)?" or no response at all. As if RWI is the slum flea market or a boulevard filled with black-teethed crack whores.

BIONONE

28/4/17
slaughterer62 Great list! What i miss is the phrase of the dreamy ones - who speculate and hope for future releases and are almost begging but without rationality and objectivity regarding the major market. Those who type a comment regarding a „Get it repped“ idea but fully biased by the personal taste (which is often far away from realitys truth of facts).

„[...] this will sell like hot cakes - i will buy one“

BUT this has to be seen with a grain of salt as the writer will never be the one who buys the V1 of his dream-rep as he is most often the one that also types comments about what a horrible job the chinese factories done and that he won’t buy it until they fix the 1mm more in height or so - but this type of fear was already described by you, Sir ;)

Reactions: nalomb and stufuse

sunnydale

29/8/09
I love them all, I use them all. Haters gonna hate. Bitches gonna bitch. Broes before homes.

Reactions: SuperLory

drmckenn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
13/11/15
“I’ll wait for the next version”

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: stufuse

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
“Looking to buy” = I know what real watch I would like but don’t want to research the rep options available so please tell me the best one.

Positioned between ‘Who has the best sub?’ and ‘About to pull the trigger.’

Reactions: stufuse

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
"What's currently the best sub?" "Can you send pics?"

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk