• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob daytona 904L V2

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
I've been a lurking on this forum for more then a year ever since 2 local Rolex AD said I'm not VIP enough to buy a 116500LN but are willing to sell me a 116509 LOL. The grey market price is outrageous so I'm going to wait till the local AD is willing to sell me one. But in the mean time, the next best thing would be a high quality replica which is why I'm here.

I read most if not all the thread regarding the Noob Daytona and when the v2.2 dial came out I finally pulled the trigger and ordered one from a TD on here. When my QC pictures came, I thought I can handle it myself but there's 2 minor things that I've been looking at hundreds of times over and over again and now I just need some opinions from the members here so I finally made an account to post this.

Anyways I'm sure this is a v2.2 dial but the 9 marker looks a bit tilted. I rotate my phone 360 degrees to look at the 9 marker at different locations and sometimes it looks fine but most time it looks tilted. I'm not sure if it's the angle of the watch in relation to the camera taking the picture or what?
346ncrq.jpg

f2sjn7.jpg

Also in the back of the watch, this part doesn't look right to me. If you look at the top 2, it looks nice and clean but the one with the red arrow looks weird to me. Is this normal and acceptable?
htaedj.jpg

Welcome mate. The 9 marker is slightly crooked. I wouldn’t worry about the second issue: it’s probably a shadow

Reactions: MadWatcher

dwjpaypal

Renowned Member
Certified
24/9/10
Morning guys,

I emailed my TD last night about getting one of these and he mentioned he had one in stock already, ready to go.

Me being me, I immediately thought this must be a rejected watch, so I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to confirm if this is a 2.2, and if the SELs are within tolerance?

15aeabbb56fa4d08d56d3c1916270ad3.jpg

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Morning guys,

I emailed my TD last night about getting one of these and he mentioned he had one in stock already, ready to go.

Me being me, I immediately thought this must be a rejected watch, so I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to confirm if this is a 2.2, and if the SELs are within tolerance?

Thanks

That’s a bobby dazzler. Accept

Reactions: Spooky01

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
It's pretty hard to see the SELs properly with the plastic covering them. Personally I'd ask for a picture without plastic wrapping covering the SELs. The dial looks a bit off center. Isn't it against the rules to ask other members to spot defects on QC pics before accepting, though?

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
Morning guys,

Thanks

Is it just me or is the top SEL really bad, even under all that wrap?

Markolin

Known Member
31/7/18
Can anyone help me to find out if my Daytonw has a v2.2 dial? Is it ok?
6f80d21bf3e8d02f6cc72237b0854fd4.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

peterpl

24/7/11
Can anyone help me to find out if my Daytonw has a v2.2 dial? Is it ok?
6f80d21bf3e8d02f6cc72237b0854fd4.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Yes looks like v2.2 - check the clasp also the engraving should be "T1G"

Reactions: vcappp

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
The V2.2 has an "annoying" update imho. (They should have change of the bezel cer factory).

If you check the bezel, you will see the UNITS PER HOUR are now with a small "tick" on each letter _R_

V1-V2 bezel were like the gen with "straight " font for the letters: R

VpjdXQ.jpg

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
I have a serious question that is a little taboo im assuming. I tried going into a AD and they wouldnt give me the time of day. You think if i wore my new noob daytona they would actually show me what i want to see? Ive saved up for a gmt that i know they have in stock. I just want to see it! I moved to texas and this is my only AD any where near me. When I lived in nj it was so easy when i bought my first gen sub. Now i feel like i have leprosy.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TxWatchGuy

Horology Curious
19/10/18
I would just try going in again. I’ve been into countless AD’s and tried on much nicer watches than a GMT with no issues (wearing no watch at the time).

If you really want to seem legit...I probably wouldn’t wear a Rolex though, they’re going to be a lot more familiar with the watches and any flaws.

Justcurious321

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/11/18
The V2.2 has an "annoying" update imho. (They should have change of the bezel cer factory).

If you check the bezel, you will see the UNITS PER HOUR are now with a small "tick" on each letter _R_

V1-V2 bezel were like the gen with "straight " font for the letters: R

VpjdXQ.jpg

Seems to be more pronounced as of later QCs... does this mean it’s a V2.3?? The older V2.2 QCs seem ok?

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
I would just try going in again. I’ve been into countless AD’s and tried on much nicer watches than a GMT with no issues (wearing no watch at the time).

If you really want to seem legit...I probably wouldn’t wear a Rolex though, they’re going to be a lot more familiar with the watches and any flaws.
The new 116500 black dial looks pretty good on wrist. I just want them to take me seriously lol1
I sold my gen sub. After getting the arf i stopped wearing it. Now the cash is burning a hole in my pocket for a batman. I may try for the new batman but they have 1 in stock right now...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

kopite81

2/12/18
Bit of a blow. Looks like the lume is different on the hands.
f29024f02d08d4bbcf86674b7025a712.jpg