• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help with QC pic

TheKnight

16/11/18
Agree, the 3 and 9 are tilted slightly and the 6 is displaced off center left. Looks like another one I saw recently (yours?). Maybe a batch issue. Geez.
No it's the same watch just with more pics requested to see if it is an issue. This is not another watch

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
So common with reps.

I find this issue with reps is one of the biggest annoyances for me. If I reject a QC picture, it's usually because of misaligned indices. The current ZF calatrava rep is amazing... but I rejected mine because all of the reps have the same misaligned 6 o'clock index, as Ryan's QC department informed me.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Guys they gave me updated pics as requested for my concern.
7a7b691fdddabefa745456b7d9eaab54.jpg

The dial is a puny one, reject it.
Your TD is a nice guy, stay with him for the another watch.

Reactions: TheKnight

TheKnight

16/11/18
This watch worries me cuz its 96 DEFORMATION that other one was 30!!! Does this mean this is more likely to leak?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
I agree it looks "better" but still looks to me like the 9 o'clock marker is tilted counterclockwise a bit (right end high) and the 6 o'clock marker is off center left. Both these flaws would be much more apparent with the hour hand near the marker.

I can't answer your question about deformation, suggest researching it. It did pass though. I don't let my reps near water so IDK.

TheKnight

16/11/18
I agree it looks "better" but still looks to me like the 9 o'clock marker is tilted counterclockwise a bit (right end high) and the 6 o'clock marker is off center left. Both these flaws would be much more apparent with the hour hand near the marker.

I can't answer your question about deformation, suggest researching it. It did pass though. I don't let my reps near water so IDK.
I read the manual on the proofmaster and I still don't understand it. They had a chart for minimum deformation so I kind of understood it as more deforming is better. But it's so confusing so I don't know.

I don't mind the 9 marker. It's so minor.

Do you think I should keep or reject?

How many watches are you allowed to reject before the TD just gives up?

Maybe I can just buy a Gen dial in the future for this watch.

Reactions: Meanmachine

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
I read the manual on the proofmaster and I still don't understand it. They had a chart for minimum deformation so I kind of understood it as more deforming is better. But it's so confusing so I don't know.

I don't mind the 9 marker. It's so minor.

Do you think I should keep or reject?

How many watches are you allowed to reject before the TD just gives up?

Maybe I can just buy a Gen dial in the future for this watch.

You have to decide what you can live with. Personally I despise crooked markers, it's just sloppy work in a highly visible place. I would never unsee it and it would make me hate the watch. I would reject it.

The TD will let you know when he's done showing you more. Some stop at two, I've gone to 5 once.

TheKnight

16/11/18
You have to decide what you can live with. Personally I despise crooked markers, it's just sloppy work in a highly visible place. I would never unsee it and it would make me hate the watch. I would reject it.

The TD will let you know when he's done showing you more. Some stop at two, I've gone to 5 once.
At the last watch do you have to accept?

Or can you get refund or switch to another watch?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
At the last watch do you have to accept?

Or can you get refund or switch to another watch?

Never had a watch forced on me. I did have to pay a $15% "restocking" fee once. Was glad to do it instead of buying something I hated. Not the only TD who specifically lists that as a requirement although if it's due to flaws they will usually waive that. You can usually switch to a different watch without consequence, others will refund without hassle. I always ask ahead of time if dealing with a new TD.

TheKnight

16/11/18
Never had a watch forced on me. I did have to pay a $15% "restocking" fee once. Was glad to do it instead of buying something I hated. Not the only TD who specifically lists that as a requirement although if it's due to flaws they will usually waive that. You can usually switch to a different watch without consequence, others will refund without hassle. I always ask ahead of time if dealing with a new TD.
The thing is I've seen some gen ones 41mm not 36. Have some issues sometimes. Being slightest off. I know on the wrist I probably won't notice it much the six.

Like at this angle the 6 looks good lol.
18db51140b5a922d55d0aaf9cb80f492.jpg

TheKnight

16/11/18
I asked for pics with time set at 6 and 9 and head on.