• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMT II-c, SFSO, Big Bang - good reps?

forzabak

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/08
Hello all. i recently read a post on here implying that the "GMT II-c and the SFSO and the Big Bang" were great reps, for whatever reason.

1)Can someone confirm this? And tell me why they are great reps if that is the case.
2)What is the "c" in the GMT II-c refer too
3)What is "SFSO" ?

Thanks!

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
1. Big Bangs are out.
2. C means ceramic. They blow up.
3. It's SOSF not SFSO. Stands for Superocean Steelfish. Great reps.

Reactions: ismaelreina

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i always liked it...but it took a while....until i got one.

the SteelFish SuperOcean is truly an awesome replica. one of the best i dare to say.

b16a2

13/1/07
HBB are good replica's but hugely overpriced, and more of a fashion statement than a nice watch.

The ROlex GMT is a beautiful watch, very accurate, but many problems are being reported with the movements. Even the ICH version (incorrect handstack) has seen many problems

The SOSF is an amazing replica. The asian mvoement version can be bought for just over 100USD - a real bargain.You can pay another 200USD on top of that for the Swiss version, which comes with ETA movement and double AR, but I would personally go for the asian white dial - AR isn't too important on the white dial versions.

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
You can also get Asian with high beat and AR glass for about $140 as well which is the ultimate price to authenticity combination!

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
yes SuperOcean SteelFish is correct as per the Breitling website

SOSF

mishka

Known Member
14/11/06
I got the swiss SuperOcean SteelFish and love it...brillaint rep!

therebel

Renowned Member
10/1/07
If you can find a steelfish that has been relumed, then it is one of the most dead accurate reps available.

Wonder where you could get one? *cough*membersalessection*cough* That's already modded in your home city? *cough*rightherebuddy*cough*

:D :D :D :wink: :D :D :D

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
Very subtle Rebel. :D

The Big Bangs are nice reps if you like the styling. I did not care for them personally, and then I won one and then ended up loving it. If you look in the dealers section you will find some great new prices on the HBB's.

The SOSF if one of my personal favorites. It is very accurate and the prices are very reasonable, and there are even some great deals available in the members sales section, huh Rebel.

DemonSlayer

Known Member
3/12/07
All 3 of the watch models mentioned are built well. The GMT II C and the SOSF are built extremely well, I would imagine the quality level on those are on par with mid priced gens. The movements however on the GMT II C as b16a2 already mentioned, are reportedly troublesome on the whole. There are many members who own those and they're working fine, but there are also others who have had problems with the movement.

The SOSF asian is probably the most bang for your buck rep rep ever made.

TA8088

SCAMMER
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
INMATE
28/10/07
The SOSF's are among my favorites. With more than 50 reps in my collection my white dial asian SFSO remains one of my all time favorites. The lack of double AR is not all that noticable. I picked mine up used for $90. Nothing else comes close at that price. It's also something that not too many people would ever call out. I do like my HBB's and wear them once in a while but they are kind of a love it or hate it type of watch. Haven't handled a GMT-IIC in person yet but am hoping to pick one up soon.