• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MB and F legacy machine reveal

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
The solution is that they make a dial with the PR reserve at 4 o’clock and freeze the hand there and we would have a rep that everybody who is following this thread would buy. We had in the past watches with fake subdials and they were successfull selling models. This one, as is, will be a disaster.

To be fair, the reason why they didn't modify it simply because it would make the watch bulkier or the cost will get higher if they modify the movement, since it's easier to just slap in a movement and call it a day when the chance of meeting a watch enthusiast who knows about mb&f is slim to none.

Reactions: DaleM

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
To be fair, the reason why they didn't modify it simply because it would make the watch bulkier or the cost will get higher if they modify the movement, since it's easier to just slap in a movement and call it a day when the chance of meeting a watch enthusiast who knows about mb&f is slim to none.

Yes but regardless of "effort" the factory had to have seen that its listed as 60 seconds on the counter subdial, but completes rotation in 30 seconds.

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Yes but regardless of "effort" the factory had to have seen that its listed as 60 seconds on the counter subdial, but completes rotation in 30 seconds.

true but speaking of flaws, I can see lots of flaws other than the 30 seconds sub dial lol, it shouldn't be too noticeable on the wrist.

Almog

Known Member
22/5/18
It's easier to live with wrong dimensions like overall thickness or balance wheel size vs. totally random function gen doesn't have.

Waiting for v2, or another MB&F rep they'll make more accurate.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
true but speaking of flaws, I can see lots of flaws other than the 30 seconds sub dial lol, it shouldn't be too noticeable on the wrist.

Depends if it's priced right. If this is a $300 rep, I'd consider it. If it's $700 theyr're going to sell minimum.

Reactions: vcappp and Almog

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Hmm, right on the edge of my budget. Honestly if they fixed that damn 60 second counter I'd buy one at this price!

Reactions: vcappp

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Well for those who don't know about this thread and that the 30 seconds counter runs at double the speed it might look like a bargain!

You think? There shouldnt be a second counter in the first place lol. I just cant get over that nasty balancewheel. Totally different.

Reactions: XLR8R

Almog

Known Member
22/5/18
You think? There shouldnt be a second counter in the first place lol. I just cant get over that nasty balancewheel. Totally different.

You can't change the balance wheel without redesigning the whole movement from scratch, it's the same as with the Breguet 7057 rep.

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
You can't change the balance wheel without redesigning the whole movement from scratch, it's the same as with the Breguet 7057 rep.

i know, thats why its a no buy from me haha. Atleast the breguet one is a bit hidden and less obvious. Wouldve bought that too if the movement didnt sucked.

Almog

Known Member
22/5/18
i know, thats why its a no buy from me haha. Atleast the breguet one is a bit hidden and less obvious. Wouldve bought that too if the movement didnt sucked.

I think it's less obvious because it's not dead-center and easily comparable with the sizes of the subdials as in the MB&F.

Still these are two amazing watches that suffer because of the base movement the factories use, but that's the difference between a 400$ watch and a 20K or 80K one.

bgt2018071901-02.jpg

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
I think it's less obvious because it's not dead-center and easily comparable with the sizes of the subdials as in the MB&F.

Still these are two amazing watches that suffer because of the base movement the factories use, but that's the difference between a 400$ watch and a 20K or 80K one.

bgt2018071901-02.jpg

In all fairness, the breguet is done miles better than the MB&F.

''between a 400 and 20K or 80K'' yes i understand that part, but it still looks shit at that pricepoint tbh. With all these flaws beside the balancewheel it seems they didnt even look at a gen.

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Actually, without this thread and knowing the second hand was running too fast, I would have got one at this price.

But this flaw (which is not possible to see on pictures) is killing it for me.