• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2019 edition - most gen-like out of the box rolex rep?

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Oh man...now I think I have to get the ARF Sub, too. Although it has it flaws like every rep.
Itto have you got the ARF Sub Hulk or the LN?

Greets Andi

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Oh man...now I think I have to get the ARF Sub, too. Although it has it flaws like every rep.
Greets Andi

I actually have both :) and IMHO also the Hulk from arf is superior to the vrf's and noob's.

a7LXD.jpg

Berike

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/2/19
I'm new to the forum and didn't know replicas were that good now, I have original Daytona white dial and black bezel and a submariner hulk, but I live in Brazil and I never wear this watches just few occasions, I would like to get a replica that is very close so I can be "safe" wearing them.
Where can I buy them shipping to Brazil or to US, local stores near New York where I go often?

thescorpiusgroup

13/11/15
Check any of the Trusted Dealers here on the forum - Puretime, InTime, ChazingTime etc

You won't find these in local stores

H7-25

16/11/18
I actually have both :) and IMHO also the Hulk from arf is superior to the vrf's and noob's.

a7LXD.jpg

Both are just marvelous!! I think I have to pull the trigger for one of those soon. Thanks Itto for your valueable insights.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Itto

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

Greets Andi

It has flaws, but everyone who got one knows it’s the best ootb Sub.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Rolex makes so many beautiful watches, which makes the popularity of the 6 digit ceramic submariner even more perplexing. Each to their own but it's boxy, boring, common and ergonomically ugly IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKnight and Maron

cooljdev

16/5/18
Rolex makes so many beautiful watches, which makes the popularity of the 6 digit ceramic submariner even more perplexing. Each to their own but it's boxy, boring, common and ergonomically ugly IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, ugly af. Wouldn't wear it even if I got it as a gift ???? but to each their own

dongdong

24/8/16
Thanks Itto . Does the 43SD wear a lot larger than the Sub or is it only marginally noticeable?

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
It is heavier for sure and thicker. But.. surprisingly it wears very comfortable - and i have quite a small wrist (17cm).

a4ilr.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Most gen-like out of the box rolex rep 2019?
For me it is clearly the ARF Datejust 41.
Some people say the date font is too bold. I think it i hit or miss. I have seen some with too bold font and some with very good font.
The same happens to the SELs. In total it is nearly a super rep in my eyes.
I have owned a ARF SD43 V2 and no. It is no super rep. Not even close. The bracelet was too light and rattling. The rehaut was not aligned with the markers on the dial. The insert engraving color faded after swimming once.
The triangle marker at 12 o‘clock was sitting too high without rounded edges. Too pointy not gen like. You won‘t find these problems in the Datejust as there are no bezel insert engravings and there is no triangle marker at 12. So there are less flaws which can exist I think.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
To me the Noob Daytona needs case work and if you get a ceramic bezel verison the bezel font is wrong. So it needs to be swap at least with an ARF.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

dongdong

24/8/16
Thanks for all the input. From reading other threads it appears as though the ARF submariner A2825, NOT the SH3135, is the best option out of the box (if not planning to mod with gen parts, which I'm fine with).

Reactions: Itto

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
You can compare flaws and advantages of the ARF Sub and SD. They‘re equal. Go for the one which suits your wrist best.
The engravings of my SD didn’t fade until now. And on the wrist it‘s very very difficult to spot the watch as a rep.

And yes you‘re right. Avoid this shitty SH3135 Sub version. Take the reliable movement.

ARF SD on 18,5 wrist. Not anything rattling on mine.

0d64ea78396d9844563d703c36b983a9.jpg

Greets Andi

Reactions: vcappp and Itto

Dufan

7/10/18
we talk a lot about the font of the submariner 3135 that is too big, yes, but at least you can replace it with an original rolex date. the thing that no one says unfortunately for the arf 2824 its font is good .... but until the 15th of the month ... then it's damn wrong! crooked or bigger numbers! the problem then it is not easy to solve it because the original date can not be put, but only to paste on the arf and obviously must be done by someone very good!