• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is the average wrist size?

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
Hi Guys,

I am buying a few custom straps and they are asking my wrist size. From short end and long end. I know what he means but how to calculate? I'll be Honest, this is my first custom(s) strap and I don't know my wrist size. I think I have an average wrist. What would average be in measurement? All the Pams i get with straps included fit perfect - right in the middle slot.

Any help appreciated!

Regards,

Matt

triple-d

Renowned Member
5/3/07
Soft wrist or hard wrist? :shock:

Take a shoe lace or string, wrap it around your wrist, mark it where it overlaps, then measure the string with a ruler or tape measure. :)

triple-d

Renowned Member
5/3/07
Once you have the size of your wrist, you maker will know the right length's for the short and long.

My wrist is 7 3/4..........I like a 130/80........

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
My wrist is 6.25" around and a strap size of about 105/65 is perfect for me. Typical strap size is 115/75 (usually BARELY fits me using the last hole.. any bigger and the strap would be loose.)

Btw, don't cheat and measure from the base of your balls.

Snoopy

Known Member
19/8/08
They do say that the circumferance of the wrist is exactly the same size as your....when you unravel it, but maybe that's an old wives tale :D

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i think the average is about 7" mine is 8-8 1/2 depending on how pissed off arthritis is. my gen gmt2c has all the links in it and the micro adjustment in the clasp is set in the middle. i start the day off with it set in normal position and halfway through i have to release the comfort link. if i remember correctly my pam straps are 85/130 on a 44mm 177h.

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
7.25 ", I find that standard straps are right on the edge of being too small.

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
Thanks guys...I think 7.25-50 is about right for me. Also - interesting information about measuring from the balls and down from the knee.

BurgerFlaggen

Renowned Member
1/1/07
United States
Snoopy said:
They do say that the circumferance of the wrist is exactly the same size as your....when you unravel it, but maybe that's an old wives tale :D

Well hell, that means reversing the formula gives me a 13" wrist!!
No wonder I can't find straps easily.