• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which one is the gen Blacksteel?

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Jeez this has been out for a while. How in the world did a sales thread tturn into a rep analysis? And how many of you are NOT going to buy this because the pins are the wrong color?

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
Naaaaa. Thats not how I would look at it. the samll imperfections are ok. The large ones are a no-go for me. Little things can be fixed, painter, trimmed or modded and swapped.

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
fakemaster said:
Jeez this has been out for a while. How in the world did a sales thread tturn into a rep analysis? And how many of you are NOT going to buy this because the pins are the wrong color?
haha... well, it's not a simple sales thread... we were invited to determine which is the genuine, and part of that is identifying the differences between rep and gen. I think if the tiniest "flaws" are unacceptable to someone, then the rep hobby is not for them! these are cool little machines, but never truly "1:1". and subdial pin color is not a deal breaker for me :p but for this particular model it's one way to identify "which one is the gen Blacksteel".. :)

trevor2079

Renowned Member
2/5/07
This is not the same blacksteel we have seen before.
The onese we have already seen were from the V.1 factory and had the half lume dot.

The ones puretime has posted clearly look like an improvement over the previous (currently available) blacksteel.