• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Blackbird bracelet sharp edges....

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
....does it bother anyone else, or is it just me?

I've been wearing my BB almost continously for about a month now, still lovin it, but the edges on the inner links
are too sharp. Makes the Oyster-band-sharp-edge feel like a wooden spoon in comparison!

Has anyone discovered a way to smooth these inner links off yet? The facetted edges give it another sharp dimension...

TIA

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
I did not notice the edges being unusually sharp. I also have no problem with the HBB clasp. I am sure a little disassembly and some fine sand paper can fix this problem.

bad959fl

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/11/06
I'm thinking about picking up a Blackbird. For those who are owners, how is the overall weight/feel of the watch? It looks massive in photos. Is it annoyingly heavy/large or no problems? Thanks!

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
A nail file of toss it round in a drum with for a few days filled with ball bearings/

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
ok

simple

take off bracelet

put back on upside down

sharpen even more

use as weapon!

:D

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
bad959fl said:
I'm thinking about picking up a Blackbird. For those who are owners, how is the overall weight/feel of the watch? It looks massive in photos. Is it annoyingly heavy/large or no problems? Thanks!

I was surprised how it did not wear too large. Do not get me wrong this is no ladies watch and it is rather heavy. I like a heavy watch personally. I just do not know what you are using for a frame of reference. If you think a Submariner is close to your limit for size and weight, I would not consider this watch. If you wear a 44mm Pam and like the size, this watch will not be a problem.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
The sharp edges that I was referring to are not accessible with a nail file/sandpaper as they are on the inner links, outside face - basically where the factory used a brushing wheel, the sharp edges were left. Disassembly is not an option for the permanent links as they are force fitted with pins...

I mean, its not uncomfortable to wear (its very comfortable in fact) but to give one example....the bracelet scratched my wifes skin the other week - she wasn't too happy about it! Oops

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
@Importr: I agree, the quality of the bracelet for this Blackbird is not top notch. I know which part you are referring to. It's the inner part of the link. You can carefully sand it down but the problem is you have to rebrush the whole link (which is not an easy job).