• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It’s here! AQUANAUT ZF

nomore1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/4/18
Nothing wrong with the bracelet - actually bracelet fits better if you have somewhat smaller wrists.
But at the same time I agree that the strap is more natural for this watch! To each his own)

Reactions: vcappp

talal

17/5/17
that's a nice watch,, hopefully, the date issue will be resolved

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
So does this mean that not all date wheels have fonts that are left-justified?
We need to have it handpicked ?

Yes, that is correct.

I asked my TD to have their watchsmith remove the glue on the numbers that you could see it because the date wheel was really good.

Reactions: vcappp and Nivka

ztealth

11/8/13
Yes, that is correct.

I asked my TD to have their watchsmith remove the glue on the numbers that you could see it because the date wheel was really good.

I just asked my TD and he said he has yet to seen any with a perfect date wheel font.
It is next to impossible to find one.

G

Oh look it appears they fixed the date wheel, who would have guessed it *he says smugly*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately for you you've become too smug too quickly it seems. After speaking to 3 separate TD's all of the datewheel datewheels are left justified. None are centered. So not only do you have to get your TD to effectively 'handpick' your watch there is still going to be a few dates that are 'off' unfortunately.

Just going to leave this here. ;)

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
They have a living to make and watches to sell. They have relationships to maintain with the factories who are getting pissed off with their customers getting in their minds 'too picky'

Still, if everyone hurries up and buys these left justified ones we will soon be free of them altogether.

I notice the dealers I use aren't whinging and bitching about it. On the other thread mech500 has two perfect examples and China Tim has posted a video rotating through the dates with the lions share looking bang on the money.

I'll just leave that here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cvlno

22/6/18
I've contacted a few TDs, it looks like some dates are more centered than others (although all are left justified). Odd, hopefully someone comes out with a modded DW. Gorgeous rep regardless.

G

No, I hope people don't buy the left justified ones. What I would hope is ZF pulls their finger out and ensures their QC department are more competent going forward. Dropping $500 on a rep you should expect something a little better. Perhaps it will come in the form of a V2 or what they did with the JLC Moonphase (scale back and concentrate on fewer pieces with better quality). All buyers should get a decent version, not just a select 'few'.

Well congrats for you and the dealers you use.

I really don't get the passive aggressiveness of your posts quite frankly, especially since you've proven yourself wrong regarding the 'fixed datewheel'. My post was only to highlight that I've yet to see a fully aligned one out of a number of QC's (I've probably seen nearly 30 different examples now).

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
No, I hope people don't buy the left justified ones. What I would hope is ZF pulls their finger out and ensures their QC department are more competent going forward. Dropping $500 on a rep you should expect something a little better. Perhaps it will come in the form of a V2 or what they did with the JLC Moonphase (scale back and concentrate on fewer pieces with better quality). All buyers should get a decent version, not just a select 'few'.

I really don't get the passive aggressiveness of your posts quite frankly, especially since you've proven yourself wrong regarding the 'fixed datewheel'. My post was only to highlight that I've yet to see a fully aligned one out of a number of QC's (I've probably seen nearly 30 different examples now).

I have no beef in this but you are making a fool of yourself with such statements.
My non requested opinion.

G

I have no beef in this but you are making a fool of yourself with such statements.
My non requested opinion.

Err how exactly? I simply pointed out that none of the examples that I've seen have fully perfect datewheels :confused:

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

Agree, ZF should really start to pay more attention to QC, honestly in this regard it's one of the worse major factories

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
just thinking if this is a miyota movement, the dw could be an overlay and could be re-aligned by a watchsmith?

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
just thinking if this is a miyota movement, the dw could be an overlay and could be re-aligned by a watchsmith?

No the printing looks to be off. Hence some dates aligned and others are not on the same watch.

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
No the printing looks to be off. Hence some dates aligned and others are not on the same watch.

ahh then thats really bad, their dw manufacturer has rather poor QC and as mentioned by others this rep hovers near 500usd and the least they could do is make a good OTB rep.