• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who is excited for V6F's Super Clone PP 324SC movement :)

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
XF is better than JF yes. You get more for the money.

As was my impression. Fabrication from genuine forged carbon by XF is an engineering breakthrough for the rep industry sadly one which has been underplayed.

Reactions: BIONONE

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
As was my impression. Fabrication from genuine forged carbon by XF is an engineering breakthrough for the rep industry sadly one which has been underplayed.

was just an example for what is possible within the very small price range of 370 dollars.

lets keep focused ;)

I think there are some very groundbreaking things possible if they really want to - i mean ZF even released freaking table clock from MB&F so

- i mean - lets get all the superior models of the Gen world right :hehehe:

Reactions: vcappp

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hopefully the 324 clone will do for pp reps what the sh3135 has done for Rolex reps. I’d seriously consider a 5711 Franken. The risk is the movement won’t have any replacement parts or few people to service it if anything goes wrong

Yes, replacement parts for the clone 324 SC movement can be a problem unless a large inventory of parts is manufactured. Using gen parts for repairs or for Franken projects presents a host of problems, such as gen parts compatibility, availability and cost. Also, I hope that RWI recommended watch smiths can service this movement.

We've got a long way to go, but at least we've started.

BIONONE

28/4/17
True. But somehow i have a good feeling - looking at VSF last release of the 8500 and their other (optical/functional) clones in their PAMs...

they turned out very well manufactured and the finish of the Omega clone is superb.

I can imagine they again outsourced the R&D to a movement specialized factory just like noob did.

If so they wont release an unstable product at current market standards - angus already said it is in the testing phase to be merely a bullet proof release...

on the other hand i remember reppists words at the beginning of the year that we better do not expect too much regarding this release...

Maybe you can chime in and give us some more information about the current rep world :)

in the end this thread is again full of assumptions and speculations and i couldnt even help my self just to be patient ant wait haha :D

Keylog74

14/6/13
This movement doesn't even exists and here you have everyone worried how to service or source parts... lol

This thread i don't really get it...

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

There is no need for Angus to respond, as he may not have the time to respond or explain the current status of the V6F 324 SC movement. He has already informed us of what he knows and what V6F wants us to know.

Angus is probably the biggest RWI TD and also answers a lot of questions concerning new products in Angus's Industry Insights, a sub-forum here at RWI. We, as members should be thankful of Angus's efforts to answer our questions.

ywg

3/7/17
That’s genuine, isn’t it?

Looks like it, btw I have a suspicion that I've found 2 pics of V6F's super clone 324, but I am not sure whether it's okay to post them.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Looks like it, btw I have a suspicion that I've found 2 pics of V6F's super clone 324, but I am not sure whether it's okay to post them.

Ok with who?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ywg

3/7/17
Thwy were posted awhile back on another forum but didn't specify whose movement that is, just a brief description "PP super clone movement" along with the 2 pictures on ZF's Aquanaut thread.

Reactions: mech500 and vcappp

ywg

3/7/17
If as above photo is ptototype, it is really interesting

It is a prototype, maybe it's close to being finished. That being said, we can expect a 5711 same size dimensions as genuine, same thickness as gen, and 1:1 case. everything is surrounded around the movement, the thickness, case shape, crown position, DW alignment and so on. First watch V6 maker will release is 5711. Can it make it to the NWBIG, even super rep list - time will tell, but to what I have seen/heard so far yes V6 maker is attempting to make it all about quality.

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
That’s a genuine movement. Black polished screws, bevelling on the plates and a free sprung balance.

Last edited: