• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I guess it's just wishful thinking but I hope someday a rep is made of this watch. I think the new version is nice with a black kevlar strap with rubber inner lining and nice size at 45mm...but at $11,000 that is an expensive divers watch...oh well nothing to do but wait and hope.

IMG_1573Medium.jpg

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
We can only hope cybee... Look at the gen... Sapphire bezel with lume underneath it, in house movement with double barrel... We can only hope :)

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
takashi said:
We can only hope cybee... Look at the gen... Sapphire bezel with lume underneath it, in house movement with double barrel... We can only hope :)

Wow..I think that is just about the coolest lume I've seen...well takashi if you hear of any word about this watch please let me know. :D

Here is the video...there is a very brief lume shot at the end, if you're quick you can pause the lume shot.
http://blancpain.com/fiftyfathoms/movem ... ty_fathoms

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I am seriously considering the genuine article of this watch. Very beefy on the wrist and with that hefty price tag, I am waiting for a second hand piece(this will pop up sometimes in Singapore) and a good bargain. Blancpain didn't hold its value very much just like Girrard Perregaux.
This watch has been reviewed extensively on Chronos Magazine in Germany a few months ago. Very good piece, you need special tools to swap to bracelet (extra $$$$).

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Yes this is one watch I would spring for, used of course, apparently there is a very high demand for new ones. For now we can only hope for a rep to be made.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I agree :) Blancpain, what? The brand is very subtle and only watch aficionados know about it.

pirvan

Known Member
9/11/06
I've hold in my hands the gen several times and it's fantastic....but the bezel it's so hard to rep

A must have if it comes out...

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
all it takes

is buy genuine

first though

finding out what rep dudes want to produce..

likely they will say 'no that popular'

when is obvious to us is goody goody nice to make.. buy an sell..

Life is Good!

Klink

:D

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Ah! Good suggestion Klink. Used genuine is about 5000USD (yes, that's half price from retail).

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
again, proving point is taka

knows his

business!

Life is Good!

Klink

8)

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Thanks for your kind word Klink. Even the Trilogy version has been selling about 3750USD-4000USD mark.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
That's already discounted price ;) They just change Eur to USD for US market but maintaining the numbers.

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
best thing you can do?

buy a dozen

then contribute two to forum for raflle

you still have ten left..

:D

red71veloce

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/07
Why is the bezel so hard to rep? Is it ceramic? I love this watch. Used and discounted it still is more expensive than say a superocean heritage new. I hope they rep it eventually.

Alpha Dog Omega

Renowned Member
10/3/08
best thing you can do?

buy a dozen

then contribute two to forum for raflle

you still have ten left..

GOOD ONE KLINK!!!

Dan_Gerous

Known Member
26/5/08
The new Fifty Fathoms might be my favourite watch these days. Too bad it's a bit too pricey. Let's hope the second hand value is bad ;-)

POTR

29/8/07
@ Taka - Triple Barrel

@ Everybody... If you like the Trilogy version(s) then you can find a close homage in the Invicta Ocean Ghost(s)...