• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help me out on a Skyland...

dave123

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/07
I don't like wearing my bling SA all the time as its polished steel and any speck of anything on it drives me nuts,i polish it constantly....clean freak....

I want a rubber strap watch for summer sweat,i keep buying these HBB reps and though they are nice,still reps and out the door....i think the Picot idea will end up the same way,out the door shortly after i buy it....

Anyway,i am going to buy a gen Skyland on rubber,i dig Breitlings big time anyway as some might have noticed.... 8)

Can't decide on the black dial on black rubber,or the blue dial on blue rubber...i am leaning more towards the blue,but then looking at some pics at breitlingsource.com,the black looks nice as well.....

Gonna shoot into the AD's here in Toronto tomorrow and see what they have,i wish they had a white dial Skyland,don't know why they don't.....i thought about just grabbing a rubber strap for my SA but with the bling dial,wouldn't look good i guess????.....dunno...

Any thoughts?....
:|

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Dude

Rubber & bling - no no

I would go for the black Skyland, although this may turn out a little too stealthy for you!

So in that case, the blue one. ;)

dave123

Banned
20/3/07
Wow,hard to get replies here these days.... :|

The blue dials on the Breitlings usually look good,the black is nice as well though,tough one....

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
It is amazing how many people are on at any given time, and yet no participation. There are 207 people on this forum right now!

kiki

Known Member
19/4/07
For me blink + rubber = no way...

And there is no white dial skyland...

My choice was gray dial + brown strap :D

dave123

Banned
20/3/07
Forget it,just got back from the AD,went there to pick up a black dial on black rubber they had in stock....to damn small once use to my SA....i can't believe that....the SA size ruins all future watch choices..... :|

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
What size is the Skyland, Dave?

I say black strap, regardless of what color dial you get. I'm not a fan of blue rubber...

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Skyland has the same size as Avenger Seawolf or Chrono. It looks massive on my wrist but if you are used to Super Avenger... this watch will be too small for you :lol:

dave123

Banned
20/3/07
I hear ya....

Its 45mm and the thickness is almost the same,the lug width is smaller and i guess that along with the extra 4mm on the SA makes a big difference,taking off the SA (a brick) and straping on the Skyland,it just seemed alot smaller then i expected,i knew it was slightly smaller,but looking at both watches side by side,the SA as a package is much larger then the Skyland...

Oh well,maybe a blue SA on rubber?.... 8)

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
get a Bentley big date 6.75
its similar to your super avenger in size and its got the dial layout of the Skyland. Best of both worlds if you ask me

dizz

dave123

Banned
20/3/07
The Bentley is to fancy looking a watch for a rubber strap.....and big bucks to boot...

That was the whole idea,rubber strap thing for some summer wear....oh well,maybe i will get a mellow yellow HBB after all..... 8)

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
what about the blue sa with the blue leather and a extra dark brown leather? both would look good on it. in the future i am going to buy a sa and i really want a white one on ss but i want to get the dark brown leather for it also. my biggest problem it every time i see the blue one i want it to. lol :lol:

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Hey hk,

the Skyland is going to be repped. Gen was bought right after being available. Maker is a superior one.

Rep should be released within few months.

The Superocean heritage is being released by a second (superior) maker too. Same maker as Graham Chronofighter, Porsche Design, Alan Silverstein. I hold my purchases back now and will only get these new pieces.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i would like that if it looks good. i can't wait to see it! :D

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
I just saw a gen skyland in black PVD on rubber strap... pretty cool. Or is it that "black steel"? Looks like PVD to me. From what i was told there were only FOUR of them in Canada and my friend got one. First one ive ever seen. Sorry no pics.

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
piratedzeus said:
Hey hk,

the Skyland is going to be repped. Gen was bought right after being available. Maker is a superior one.

Rep should be released within few months.

The Superocean heritage is being released by a second (superior) maker too. Same maker as Graham Chronofighter, Porsche Design, Alan Silverstein. I hold my purchases back now and will only get these new pieces.

If this is the case with the Heritage I am glad I waited to purchase one. I am anxious to see the Skyland rep. I will have to have one if it is done well.