• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hublot Rose Gold

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Are there any worries about the gold plating? I love this watch and haven't bought it because of the plating, I'm still a bit unsure how it will hold up, specially if you wear it 2-4 days a week. Damn it's such a great looking watch! :|

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I wouldn't worry for the gold plating. I can see that it's pretty tough on this piece. I have 1 with Rose Gold bezel. Still holding strong after more than 1 year of ownership. It's definitely has thicker coating.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Sweet, I'll think about it a bit and give it a shot perhaps, it would be a damn shame not to have a Rose Gold HBB.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Be careful... do not to get the version with screw down crown. I can't speak for this version (said to be from a different maker).

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
This is the version I am talking about:
DSCN6804.jpg

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
I have had my rose gold ceramic bezel HBB for about a year now and wear it more than any other watch. The gold
plating looks as good as the day I got it and has not tarnished in any way. Just last week a guy wearing a gen, the same exact watch came in and we compared wrist to wrist. You could not tell the difference in any way. The gold tone was perfect
as were all the other details.

I would reccomend anyone who purchases this watch to also buy the special Hublot screwdriver to keep the screws
nice and tight. The cost is 30.00, but worth it. You don't want to lose a good screw under any circumstances :)

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
The watch comes from Joshua. I bought it second hand from a member here. The one with Rose Gold bezel is from TWP.
Just make sure that you don't get the screw down version.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Man that one in SS looks sweet! Hmm... I might test it out with the SS first and then move up to the Rose Gold... or vice-versa! :| Now I'm an infinite loop... :mrgreen:

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Ok... It really depends on your budget. My suggestion is straight away to RG + Ceramic combo if you have the $$$. The price is kinda ridiculous. You can buy 2.5/3 SS as opposed to 1x RG + Ceramic combo.

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
A gen does not screw down, but the some of the screwdowns have an engraved rotor instead of stickers.

optimis9

25/8/07
Hambone said:
I have had my rose gold ceramic bezel HBB for about a year now and wear it more than any other watch. The gold
plating looks as good as the day I got it and has not tarnished in any way. Just last week a guy wearing a gen, the same exact watch came in and we compared wrist to wrist. You could not tell the difference in any way. The gold tone was perfect
as were all the other details.

I would reccomend anyone who purchases this watch to also buy the special Hublot screwdriver to keep the screws
nice and tight. The cost is 30.00, but worth it. You don't want to lose a good screw under any circumstances :)

May I ask which version and whom did you buy your watch from. Thanks.. :D

dave123

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/07
You get the screw cown and engraved rotor,or the push crown and stickers.....not both....and its not on purpose,right?.... :roll: