• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

would u take the sticker off rolex?

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
sticker on the back of the case

gen or not.

i know my uncle left his on his gen DJ, and it dissolved away. now it's just a green smudge there.

I know others who just take em off and save em.

POTR

29/8/07
Carefully take them off and stick them to the paperwork...

LegendofSpeed

4/5/06
when i got my wife a datejust, i took the sticker off... i didn't know how much this bothered her until i told her that her yachtmaster had shipped... she expressly told me that if the sticker was not on it when it was handed to her, i might as well send it back...

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
take it off. i was glad my new gmt didn't have one.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Yes defintely take it off...take it all off. The cheesy stickers have nuttin to do with a watch anyway, I would store in my hologram sticker dehumidifier.

JohnnySac

10/9/06
Smartest thing to do is to take them off the second you get your watch and save it onto some wax paper.
Then when you decide to sell -the retards that think the watch is worth more will be satisfied.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
For all that don't know the newest Rolex models no longer come with the green hologram. Its now a clear peel off like most others gens. 8)

Gen SD
is1mf7.jpg

Gen DJ
is3dn8.jpg

capital10

Renowned Member
18/3/06
i purchased my first gen rolex last year, a datejust, i left the sticker on and have never noticed it like i have before on reps, it always used to bother me on reps so i thought on the gen i'd end up taking it off. it has statred to smudge though, i would much more perfer the model number etched in the case back. i'll probably take mine to the AD for a cleaning and get the sticker taken off and all the sticky removed.

ThreadLocker

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/12/07
crick said:
sticker on the back of the case

gen or not.

i know my uncle left his on his gen DJ, and it dissolved away. now it's just a green smudge there.

I know others who just take em off and save em.

Does your uncle leave tags on his clothes? The sticker is kinda like a tag for a watch. Ultimately, it does not matter, but I would remove it. As I do not wear clothes with tags.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

Nope.
...Not for me, I wouldn´t take the sticker off.
I love the way it looks with the sticker, and it´s too bad it will fadedissolve with time, but it takes TIME to do so, unless you wear your Rolex daily and gets sweaty with it.

I keep the green hologram sticker on all my Rollies and they are watches (just in my case) to be used in special occasions alike. Not daily. (and considering the city where I´m living now, if I was to wear my Rolex´s daily, I would be shot dead and robbed.)
whatta pity the newest ones aren´t coming with the green hologram anymore, but anyway...I love these watches however they come. :mrgreen:

Holograms are IN for me.

DuDro

3/8/06
Ok...on a similar note...Would you leave the band on your cigar when smoking it? :eek:

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I love vintage Rolex without those green stickers :lol: Yes, I will remove it.

crick

1/8/06
i've heard they originally designed them so that it would fade away. many gen collectors love the stickers too, so taking it off and putting it somewhere safe probably good way to do it.

The rep stickers i dunno, i can only see dirt and grime getting under there - they wont fade like the rollie ones do.

Neg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/3/08
If I had a genuine Rolex, I'd peel it off and save it with the paper work in case I ever decided to sell. On my replicas, I just peel it off and throw it away. After a month or two of wear it fades, but it's still there. What you're left with is a crappy looking sticker with faded numbers. It's also a lot harder to peel it off at this point. The replica stickers aren't all that great anyway, and they're usually misaligned on the back case, so just get rid of it. That's my opinion anyway...

rapidascent

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/06
I have taken them off and put on paper. the sticker is meaningless especially on a rep. On a gen I would take it off and keep it with the papers along with the rest of the stuff.

rapidascent