• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Geunine purchase >> is there any Installment payments ?

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
hi guys,

I would like to know , in this world of watches ..around the globe, is there any possible of AD giving customer an instalment payment for any watch we buy from them maybe for up to 36 month with interest free % ?

if yes..would love to know more about it...thanks...

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
try the hour glass. 24 months linked to amex.

edit: usually it's not the watch store but the bank/cc company.

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
I believe that Torneau has a payment plan tied to a bank... couple that with a pre-owned model and you could do ok...

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i have seen ad's do 12 mo intrest free before.

crick

1/8/06
yes. u should talk to the AD's.

friend of the family just put 10K down for a deposit on a watch. he's doing an installment plan on his watch as well, but that's an uber $$$ watch.

dave123

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/07
There ya go,like car payments...

But if you buy a rep a month (or more like ol davey),you could be making the payments on a sweet gen with the $ your spending instead.... 8)

POTR

29/8/07
Ya know... back in the day, Jewelry Store credit cards used to be just about the easiest ones that a person could obtain.

crick

1/8/06
did you know one of the very first installment plans for watches were first concocted by an american watchsmith?

Illinois watch company was trying to sell these "Bunn Special" pocket watches

mptr455a.jpg

"When the Illinois Watch Company went out of business after World War I, a jeweler in Sioux City purchased crates of the Illinois mechanisms. He then purchased watch cases from another company, and placed in them the approved Illinois mechanism. The jeweler called these watches "Bunn Specials" and placed them for sale at a reduced price.

Conductors and engineers at first were reluctant to buy these watches, even though the mechanisms were definitely "railroad approved." The jeweler realized that he had to promote his hybrid product. He then had an idea. Why not let a railroader take the watch upon making a down payment offer? He could then pay the remainder of the amount with a portion of his paycheck over a period of time.

For an incentive each time the railroad worker would make a payment, the jeweler would give him a free ticket to the movie theater across the street. The amount of payment doubled each time until the watch was eventually paid for."

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
I believe Tourneau *was* doing 12 mos interest free. Not sure if that offer is still active, though....

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
crick said:
did you know one of the very first installment plans for watches were first concocted by an american watchsmith?."

nice piece of history there crick.

you're better off just saving it for 2 years in a CD, make a little interest then pay cash and forego any finance charges...of course that goes against the 'gotta have it now' mentality.

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
Thanks guys for the suggestions, been to a few AD yesterday, 12, 24 months and some give 36 monts 0% instalments ..lol

looks good..n tempted..but i think arghhh better go buy another reps..maye like the TAKA's IWC ocd2007..i want that so muchh now ..lol

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
POTR said:
Ya know... back in the day, Jewelry Store credit cards used to be just about the easiest ones that a person could obtain.

Yep, that is because they are secured interest cards, if you file bankruptcy, they will ask you to remove the jewelry right from your fingers and hand them over. lol... and I would say "the wife cant get hers off... can you just take her with it? " lol :lol: :shock:

uh oh... she saw what I typed... :( No ___ for me :cry:

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
why not finance a watch? Most of them hold there value over the years. So if it takes you 30 months to pay it off, it has it value still.

Off to the mall
Just a thought

Natron

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Natron said:
why not finance a watch? Most of them hold there value over the years. So if it takes you 30 months to pay it off, it has it value still.

Off to the mall
Just a thought

Natron

I couldn't agree more. Especially if it is interest free. I would do this even if I had the cash. Let somebody else finance it. Now if you get a cash discount that would be a different story. I bought my Trailblazer on the 0/36month plan and never looked back and I would do it again.

Neg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/3/08
R2D4 said:
Natron said:

Off to the mall
Just a thought

Natron

I couldn't agree more. Especially if it is interest free. I would do this even if I had the cash. Let somebody else finance it. Now if you get a cash discount that would be a different story. I bought my Trailblazer on the 0/36month plan and never looked back and I would do it again.

Rolex models will especially hold or increase in value over the years. Rolex has planned price increases every year or so. If you can manage to secure 0% financing, then go for it. Just make sure you can afford it though. Don't buy something so expensive you have to make changes to your current lifestyle.

By the way, what kind of watch did someone buy that they had to put 10,000 down and they're still gonna make payments on it?

crick

1/8/06
the 10k downpayment was for one of the pateks with a moonphase watch. it's ~ $100,000 or so.

the guy's a CEO of a small electrical engineering company. i dont know what exactly he manufactures, but he was an avid watch collector - mostly rolexes, couple zeniths, and now he's trying out a patek.