• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VRF Submariner QC - question

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
^ this version does not have recessed sels. Find another hobby or go gen.

Steelwatch

5/12/16
a8a1d25f9c216880bf74c8c43600df69.jpg

6026345c373c4c006c6514d946942d9f.jpg

My ARF Sub 2824. I mean good SEL at 6 like your QC but look at my Pearl! But I don‘t see it on my wrist. Have fun with this beautiful watch.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
a8a1d25f9c216880bf74c8c43600df69.jpg

6026345c373c4c006c6514d946942d9f.jpg

My ARF Sub 2824. I mean good SEL at 6 like your QC but look at my Pearl! But I don‘t see it on my wrist. Have fun with this beautiful watch.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Thats ARF not VRF.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I’ve asked for a few more pics of the sel to check it is recessed ...
And they emailed back saying the factory can’t do that... they asked me to choose another one or refund it ?!?!?!?

What kind of service is that.

They hve have only showed me the sel from front on, s
and it looks like it is not recessed properly...

You should consider yourself lucky, if it were me selling you the watch I'd have told you something totally different.

Reject the watch, go find another hobby.

If you think you deserve perfection then buy the real thing, not fake Chinese Rolex - they'll never be perfect.

Last edited:

Last-Samurai

Known Member
20/10/17
tripdog thanks for the unhelpful comment.
I am fairly new here and I obviously didn’t aniticipate the sel wouldn’t be recessed properly amongst another few issues.
thats what this forum is about to help each other and discussing. Not telling someone to go and find another Hobby. Thanks though lol

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I am fairly new here and I obviously didn’t aniticipate the sel wouldn’t be recessed properly amongst another few issues.
thats what this forum is about to help each other and discussing. Not telling someone to go and find another Hobby. Thanks though lol

But all of these 'issues' and 'discussions' you are bringing up here, have been discussed in depth in the respective thread for the certain watch. There are like 2 or 3 threads for the newest subs trending in the Rolex sub. Did you even bother reading these? A shit lot of info in there.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

Sounds like you didn't research what model you were buying, didnt realise there would be some differences between a $8k gen and a $350 fake, then ignored all the comments in your thread before deciding everyone who didnt come round to your way of thinking is unhelpful.

Reactions: tripdog

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
I’ve asked for a few more pics of the sel to check it is recessed ...
And they emailed back saying the factory can’t do that... they asked me to choose another one or refund it ?!?!?!?

What kind of service is that.

They hve have only showed me the sel from front on, s
and it looks like it is not recessed properly...

It's code ... it means go away

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I wouldn’t worry about such minor details.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

You do not get 1:1 perfection of an $8000 watch for $350.

And my comment is only going to be unhelpful if you ignore it - unfortunately the chances of that are high . . .

You asked for peoples opinions on some very very minor points (specifically if you were crazy or not to be concerned by these very very minor points) .
People with far more knowledge than you gave their opinions - almost unanimously telling you to accept the watch as it's good - you didn't like their opinions, you ignored their opinions and decided that you were right and every one else was wrong.

My comment serves to inform you that you are wrong and the others are right - accept the watch there is nothing wrong wtih it - that's very helpful.

Reactions: Tucker

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
This is becoming an epidemic.

Last-Samurai

Known Member
20/10/17
tripdog I was more than welcoming of opinions and thanked on many occasions. what I wasnt welcoming of was you teling me to reject and go find another hobby lol.

my main concern was the date wheel - the 2 in 26 is tilted to the side.. not the entire date - just the first numeral..