• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just a question on a Tracking Number from US

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
Received an email with Click-N-Ship(R) Notification from USPS but since the 24th of january nothing move....is it normal according to you ? :shock:

reddogsd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/08
Basically, the person who is shipping it has printed the shipping label and attached it to the package but has not gotten off their ass to drop it in the Mail Box.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
reddogsd said:
Basically, the person who is shipping it has printed the shipping label and attached it to the package but has not gotten off their ass to drop it in the Mail Box.

That was exactly what I though... :( ..very disapointed

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Sometimes the USPS website has just refused to update package status. I have encountered many non working tracking number there/stuck at 1 position regardless where the package is.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
takashi said:
Sometimes the USPS website has just refused to update package status. I have encountered many non working tracking number there/stuck at 1 position regardless where the package is.

Yes but in your own country you can track it but not for this one...so I suppose that the package was not mail...I'm waiting for it since 2 months so a bit long... :evil:

Smittyscook

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/10/07
Yannou said:
takashi said:

Yes but in your own country you can track it but not for this one...so I suppose that the package was not mail...I'm waiting for it since 2 months so a bit long... :evil:

If you've been waiting 2 months, sounds like it wasn't mailed. What does the seller say?

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
I agree, I'd ask the seller the status.

But I will also say that the USPS tracking numbers are about 50% accurate... half will arrive at my residence when the tracking still says "shipping info recieved" the other half I could almost track street by street with how quickly and accurately they update.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
I'm waiting 2 months for the watch but not for the package.. :D It should be stop at USPS for freight reasons...wait & see.. :wink:

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
2 months sounds to be too long Yannou. I would already launch an International Mail Investigation request. Please ask the seller about status ASAP. I am sure many agree with me on this matter. I give usually quite a reasonable amount of 1 month time before pestering the seller and post office/freight company.

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
I agree with Tak I will give a shipment 3 to 4 weeks before panic sets in. 2 months however is excessive. Time to start seriously looking in to it.

nora

8/6/07
Yannou said:
Received an email with Click-N-Ship(R) Notification from USPS but since the 24th of january nothing move....is it normal according to you ? :shock:

Same with me.

I think the watch will arrive in the next days but USPS will not change anything.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
nora said:
Yannou said:

Same with me.

I think the watch will arrive in the next days but USPS will not change anything.

exactly the same but there should be a declared freight pb...USPS ...

nora

8/6/07
sub4me said:
Looks to me like it hasn't even been shipped yet.

Maybe. But I believe the dealer first. He told me it´ll take 4-6 days. Know it is 7 days ago. But it´s a long way from the states to germany.

We will see.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
nora said:
sub4me said:
Looks to me like it hasn't even been shipped yet.

Maybe. But I believe the dealer first. He told me it´ll take 4-6 days. Know it is 7 days ago. But it´s a long way from the states to germany.

We will see.

No news for me.. :D

nora

8/6/07
Can anybody tell me what this means:

USPS said:
Label/Receipt Number: EC93 1438 697U S

We attempted to deliver your item in GERMANY at 9:56 AM on February 11, 2008.

Does it mean they tried to deliver this morning?
Because I was at home and only DHL came with other things.

Thanks.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
It's CUSTOM. Wait for the form soon. I always got this one if they sent it via USPS. Viel Glück!

nora

8/6/07
takashi said:
It's CUSTOM. Wait for the form soon. I always got this one if they sent it via USPS. Viel Glück!

OK. But look here:

I thought it´s allready through the customs.

Ich dachte ich hatte Glück. Dann wohl besser erst mal abwarten.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Doch. Ich habe schon zwei Sendungen angehaltet. Die USPS-Website sagte, "Package release from customs". Aber tun... 2 Tage später hab ich einen Brief von Zollamt bekommen.

nora

8/6/07
takashi said:
Doch. Ich habe schon zwei Sendungen angehaltet. Die USPS-Website sagte, "Package release from customs". Aber tun... 2 Tage später hab ich einen Brief von Zollamt bekommen.

Und dann? Ist ne 111. Als Geschenk, mit US$ 25,- Wert angegeben.