• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

THE DC REVIEW: KVF Richard Mille RM011

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
If I could read Chinese I might be excited, but I can't, so I'm not!

DC

Lol if I translated it word for word you would think I have the IQ of head lice lol so here is a brief rundown... ZF purchased the gen, going to be 1:1 and Super best RM on the market. Stay tuned for the releases it says.

My guess is 2-6 weeks honestly but you never know! It was supposed to be the RM052 Skull version first with the RM011 next. The RM011 though they are doing titanium and gold I assume first as we saw in the prototypes. We can only pray ZF makes a 1:1 Forged Carbon case for the RM011. If they can nail the Pam Carbotech, perhaps they can nail this! Let’s just hope the Forged Carbon is released soon...

Merry Christmas Gents!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tecbarrera

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Lol if I translated it word for word you would think I have the IQ of head lice lol so here is a brief rundown... ZF purchased the gen, going to be 1:1 and Super best RM on the market. Stay tuned for the releases it says.

My guess is 2-6 weeks honestly but you never know! It was supposed to be the RM052 Skull version first with the RM011 next. The RM011 though they are doing titanium and gold I assume first as we saw in the prototypes. We can only pray ZF makes a 1:1 Forged Carbon case for the RM011. If they can nail the Pam Carbotech, perhaps they can nail this! Let’s just hope the Forged Carbon is released soon...

Merry Christmas Gents!

To be honest it's the titanium and particularly the rose gold that I'm most interested in, so I'd take that. Let's see, I've heard this all before and nothing happened!!

DC

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
What are your thoughts bout the new black ceramic RM11 KVF DC ?

Love the ceramic finish, but the more I look at it the less I like the design. All black, no contrast, can't even read the dial!

I'm gonna sit tight for the metal case releases (assuming they ever do them)!

DC

jacobee

Renowned Member
4/6/15
Thanks for the great review and almost pulled the trigger today.
Thanks for the input from other seniors, shall wait for the ZF super rep

But still....the thickness ....

D

d4m.test

hey DC, can you explain the pattern of the date wheels? particularly, how does the left wheel (10s place) change with respect to the right (1s place)? I noticed that there are two of the same number in a row on the left wheel and started wondering what it looks like when the dates change throughout the month long range. there must be some interesting mechanism since 0, 1, and 2 have ten units but the 3 ostensibly changes after only two units (30th and 31st of the month). it's of no real consequence; I just became curious and could not find any info or videos of the date changing on these pieces.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
hey DC, can you explain the pattern of the date wheels? particularly, how does the left wheel (10s place) change with respect to the right (1s place)? I noticed that there are two of the same number in a row on the left wheel and started wondering what it looks like when the dates change throughout the month long range. there must be some interesting mechanism since 0, 1, and 2 have ten units but the 3 ostensibly changes after only two units (30th and 31st of the month). it's of no real consequence; I just became curious and could not find any info or videos of the date changing on these pieces.
There's a video on PureTime with the date change from the 28th.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

nige76

31/8/10
Thanks for a great review. Do you have any other of the A7750 RM11s, I just wondered how they compared. As the KVFs are like 200usd more expensive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

There's a video on PureTime with the date change from the 28th.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
thanks! @HPoirot ! I have looked through that site like ten times and never noticed the video link on that model before you told me!

dave2889

Renowned Member
7/10/14
Really intrigued by the RM011 model, but keen to see what the ZF release is like when (IF) it is finally released.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
It’s releasing after CNY... get ready...

dave2889

Renowned Member
7/10/14
How long after CNY @thedonsl?

_DC_ I’ve been waiting for ages. When the KVF first came out and I saw they got the date wheel so much better than that previous abomination I was super excited. Still want to see how this ZF replica movement holds up. Looking forward to someone doing a stripdown review of it.

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
hey _DC_ are you sure the dimensions of the gen is 40mm? I found this picture on the RM011-03 page of the official website:

Mp42EBe.png