• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Check out my collection

puttputt

Horology Curious
15/11/06
I've amassed quite a few reps over the past year. Check them out:

UPDATE: I added descriptions of each watch and where I got them in a follow-up post below.

IMG_2373.jpg

Mike29983

8/7/07
nice collection, especially the Lange & Soehne doppelfederhaus looks quite interesting

Xyphis

4/10/07
Thanx. Only a minimum of "the classics" and the rest all interesting.

Nice to see the other side of rolex/pam etc

jdub765

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/07
Xyphis said:
Thanx. Only a minimum of "the classics" and the rest all interesting.

Nice to see the other side of rolex/pam etc
I was going to say the same thing!
Nice collection, very classy

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
classy collection in a nice case!

even's got dem turny thingies! you can be a disc jockey!

RaleyJay

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/7/07
I love that patek, so simple, but so elegant. Who did you get it from?

puttputt

Horology Curious
15/11/06
Responding to the inquiry about where the watches came from, three of these are Pateks. On the top row from the left, the first and third watches are Pateks from Josh. The third from the left (top row still) is pretty inexpensive (I think it was around $100), but it fooled a local jewler who replaced the crystal. When I asked him if he worked on reps, he said he would but that he worked on Pateks in New York for many years, and that he was pretty certain this one was not a replica. It was only after he removed the back and saw the movement that he realized that it was a rep (he was okay with it, by the way), and he was pretty impressed by the quality of the watch. The third from the left on the bottom row is a nice Patek dress watch that I got from Eddie Lee.

In case people are interested in the origins of the other watches, here's a complete description:

Top row from left: Patek from Josh with swiss movement and a nice burgundy strap, IWC Portuguese from Eddie Lee serviced by Ziggy with black croc strap, another Patek from Josh, and an IWC Mark XV from Andrew.

Bottom row: Lange from Josh (this one gets the most compliments of any watch I own), Rolex Oyster I got in Malaysia from a street vendor (it's pretty good quality though; smoothest winding rep I have), thin Patek dress watch from Eddie Lee, Omega Seamaster James Bond from WBK, gen Citizen eco-drive, Omega Aqua Terra from a board member.

All straps are upgraded from the cheap straps that came with the watches to something nicer. That really makes a difference I think, and is well worth the extra money. The best strap I have is on the IWC portuguese; I have a gen Patek croc strap that looks perfect on it. I also like the leather strap on the IWC Mark XV; the watch originally came with a silver steel bracelet, but that was too much silver for my tastes. I got a tan strap with contrast stiching for $30 at our local mall and now I think it's a great looking watch for casual wear.

watchfreak2005

Known Member
22/7/07
EU
Very nice collection that you have. I like the Patek watches!!! :D

Hope in future there come some new Lange&Sohne watches.

Cheers,
watchfreak2005

alw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/12/07
You have a fine taste in watches! I especially like the simplicity and authentic look of the IWCs and Omegas.

MK08

Renowned Member
3/4/07
Echo the other posters, great choices, awesome collection!

WatchDog

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
16/12/07
That's a very classy collection. Pics a little far away, but those Pateks look great to me.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i agree, very fine, classy and dressy taste. very nice. you sure have your very own taste. lets see some more soon....

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Very nice collection. VERY nice.

If you're looking for some quality straps on the cheap (especially if you're looking for "aviator" style), take a gander at the Hirsch Liberty lineup. Nice, thick, high quality straps.

spookycord

Known Member
1/6/07
Nice to see some great dress watches. I definitely gotta add some of these to my collection! How do you find the subdial functions on the A Lange. Do they actually work properly?