• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Suggestions for small wrists

Indjun

Horology Curious
24/11/07
Hi Folks,

I am looking for a replica watch, however, I notice that most are made for average/above average wrist sizes. Do you folks have any reccomendations for replicas for wrist sizes in the 6.5 inch range? I have been looking at Omegas and really loved the Cartier Roadster that Josh sells, but I hear it will not size below a 7 inch wrist size. I am pretty bummed about that, as I hear it's one of the best replicas.

Please share your suggestions. Also, keep in mind the quality and replica accuracy are very important factors.

puttputt

Horology Curious
15/11/06
My wrist is a similar size, and I prefer watches that are below 40 mm in diameter. I could never pull off a Big Bang or a Fiddy; they would look silly on me. Most of the hot "watches of the moment" and "superreps" are too big for me so I can't consider them; the rep market is really focusing on large watches right now. However, there are lots of nice choices in the under 40mm category. Most every brand has a few choices at least. Mid-size Omegas would be a good place to look, for example, as well as some Pateks. IWC Mark XV are 38 mm.

Indjun

Horology Curious
24/11/07
I agree. I tried a mid-size (38mm) Omega Speedmaster at Mayors and it fit perfectly. Where can I find a replica like this? Where have you found yours? I have checked a few sites and only find the 40mm+ sizes. Again, quality and accuracy are very important.

puttputt

Horology Curious
15/11/06
My mid-size Omega Seamaster is a gen, one of two gens I own (the other is a JLC Master Control). I would be surprised if one of the dealers didn't offer this though. I know that I saw a listing from WBK about a month ago for a mid-size Bond Seamaster.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
my wrist is ~ 5.85 - 6 inches. I wear mostly 40mm watches. I have a couple around the 35-37 mm range, one at 30mm (cartier watch) and a cuople vintages around 30's 33's. I find now a days i dont wear the 30's much anymore (too too small now), the 37's just perfect in size. I wear tho mostly the 40mm's, they look great too.

Currently wearing a tag link rep 40mm automatic. very comfy. But here are some images of some 40 mm watches on my 6 inch wrists. If u have 6.5 inch wrists, your wrists are bigger than mine!

The only watches i had trouble sizing down to my size are any leather strapped or a rolex sub. I find i have to use plyers and take off one extra link on one side to get the clasp to sit properly on my wrist (it basically destroys that link).

a 42mm gen omega PO (the rep fits the same)

_MG_6446.jpg

small.jpg

it appears big when u look at it but from 3rd person/mirror, just looks fine:

omega.jpg

a 40mm panerai 048

_MG_2599.jpg

the PO is a bit thicker in case size so something like an SMP or regular TAG link will/should fit and feel quite comfortable and look fine. u can opt the midsize route, but i dont know how swell the quality is in comparison.

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Rolex Exp 1. It's nearly a superrep. The crystal height probably isn't quite tall enough, and the numbers are slightly thicker than the gen. The crown is *slightly* different shaped on the gen, but no date font or magnification to worry about.

My wife loves hers and she has slightly smaller than 6.5" wrists. She loves the 40mm PAM048 I just got her too.

Khurram

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/9/07
My wrists are small..a little less than 6.5 inches..
I used to feel the same way and think that the big watches would never suit me or look silly on my wrists.
Then I ordered a Davidsen ultimate 111h and was blown away!
I think the watch looks great on my wrists and I have only received compliments on it and no one has ever said it's too big.

now i've just ordered a chopard gtxl because I love the 44mm size so much now!
Throw on a nice thick strap and it will balance it out more for you..

Here is a wrist shot
DSC01645.jpg

and a few more thrown in just for fun... :D
DSC01630.jpg

DSC01636.jpg

Get a big watch..you'll love it!

Khurram

23/9/07
After a few days you will really get used to it and then your smaller watches will feel really small..

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Yes. You will get used to it. My wrist is also 6.5" and I proudly wear 48mm watch.

DSCN8449.jpg

7184431f.jpg

Indjun

Horology Curious
24/11/07
Wow! Thanks guys... maybe I just need to get a 40mm and see if I get use to it.

One more thing - I notice that most of you have leather straps, is that because the links are not able to size down to a 6.5 inch wrist?

Khurram

23/9/07
Links do size down,
but most people feel that pam's look better with leather straps...

MK08

Renowned Member
3/4/07
My wrists are about 6 1/2 as well and I've worn everything from a Pam Slytech, Fiddy, 48mm Corum, but I think they are a little bit much for my wrist (so did my wife). But I also don't like anything smaller than 42mm and I regularly wear a 44mm Pam and they work just fine but I guess it's all what you feel looks good on you.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
Yeah a good place to start is 40's if you're uncertain Indjun.

any rollie sub or omegas out there fill that category.

42's and 44's are real nice and u get used to teh size pretty fast.

garsh, now u guys got me thinking of some radiomirs.

subseeker

Renowned Member
Advisor
27/9/06
Khurram & Takashi,

I hate to break the news to you...and I am NOT trying to offend you or hurt your feelings...
But...

Those watches DO look pretty big on you... :|
The lugs are hanging out of your wrists....

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
If you want to give Panerai a test run, the 42mm Radiomirs will wear smaller than the 40mm Luminors. Just like the 45mm Rads actually wear smaller than the 44mm Luminors. Just a tip. :wink:

Swatchman

27/12/06
How about a Fiddy? It looks great on any wrist and
people won't think you're hung like a horse... :p

CJSdftFLAT

21/7/07
omega smp chrono looks fantastic on me, I tried on a 43mm aquaracer day date and it looked too huge for me :(

Indjun

Horology Curious
24/11/07
What size face was the Omega SMP Chrono and what size wrist do you have? Did the Omega have a link or strap?

Khurram

23/9/07
subseeker said:
Khurram & Takashi,

I hate to break the news to you...and I am NOT trying to offend you or hurt your feelings...
But...

Those watches DO look pretty big on you... :|
The lugs are hanging out of your wrists....

No offense taken..
I personally love the way it looks and it looks a lot bigger in the pics because it's really close up..
however like I said, I have received nothing but great compliments on it and I love it!