• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Blackbird pics/small review

mezzanine

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/10/06
The comments on this one are going to be relatively brief- I think that people are relatively familiar with the watch by now, it's problems with the off-center pearls, and it's overall specs including the seconds @3 and Big Date function.

I like it. It's an aggressive looking, stealthy, Breitling that has good wrist presence. The AR looks to be better than the Evo's...at least the earlier Evo's- there's been talk that the more recent ones have got better quality AR. I find that the watch is growing on me. A lot depends on whether you're able to tolerate the off-center pearl. Hopefully your watch won't have this problem. I saw a picture of mine before shipping, and didn't notice anything wrong...but go figure. :huh:

I've noticed that there hasn't been much in the way of pics of the actual rep once obtained by members, so I snapped a few pics of the watch on genuine gator. I'd considered putting it on gen black rubber, and still might try that combo out. Initially, I didn't like the grey leather with the black face. But after a while, with the brushed case sort of muting the black dial a bit, I think it blends reasonably well. I think the folks with gen Breitling black gator straps are going to be pleased. This one might be for sale soon, as I'm having to deal with a potential scam on a recent watch transaction from a person on this board and may need to free up some cash... :eek:

After having a modded Evo with a case brushed to match the Blackbird's in apparance, the two watches have a similar feel and basic construction. I think I like the Blackbird a little better, all things being equal, from a dial standpoint. The larger Breitling logo and the Big Date give a nice focus, and after having so many reps with a seconds @9 movement, having something a little different is nice. The dial markers look better constructed and finished than the Evo reps, but the Evo dial has the advantage of texture, with it's concentric circles.

The face of the watch looks wider on the Blackbird. I think it's partially due to the sub-dial layout, but also because of the brushed bezel that integrates into a brushed case that gives it additional focus and presence. The case has the same engraving of the serial number at the lug at 6 o'clock- which appears similar to that on the Steelfish SuperOcean.

DSC00499.jpg

DSC00513.jpg

DSC00501.jpg

DSC00502.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

DSC00512.jpg

DSC00509.jpg

DSC00519.jpg

DSC00497.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00513.jpg

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Very nice. Would you mind taking pictures of the pushers? Thanks alot.

mezzanine

14/10/06
Figured I'd include a couple of snaps of DuDro's new swiss BCE that I took for comparison purposes, as well as a SFSO-

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

Tak, let me see if this is adequate:

DSC00506.jpg

DSC00512.jpg

I'll see if I can snap one that is more specifically focused on the pushers...

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Yes. Thank you very much... I need to do more research on it. Because the pushers for ETA289x based Chronograph should look slightly higher unlike the 7750 (in line with the crown).

merlin699

18/8/07
This is because the chrono-module is mounted on the dial-side of the movement. :wink:

MEYER8888

Renowned Member
19/9/07
thanks to take time for review an make good good pictures, the strap you choose is amazing with this Breitling, very good combo.
looking gen;
wear it good
sylvain

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Yes, the bottom line is: wear it in good health. It looks genuine to me.

MK08

Renowned Member
3/4/07
Watch looks great, very nice strap choice enjoy it!

hava

19/11/06
i see in the photos that pearl not is in the center. Is real ?
thanks. I like too much these watch, i try the gen and it is impressive.

21/12/06
Could i ask you please where did you get that strap,i have a blackbird on the way and it looks amaizing.
Enjoy youre new toy.

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
Man, I have a busted Blackbird. Just got it back from my very good (and rep friendly) watch-smith. He couldn't fix it nor find a new movement. What a waste! He says it has a broken gear tooth that he cannot source. So sad! :cry:

dave123

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/07
takashi said:
Yes. Thank you very much... I need to do more research on it. Because the pushers for ETA289x based Chronograph should look slightly higher unlike the 7750 (in line with the crown).

Wow,i think you are a little to fussy for the rep game Taka... :lol:

That is a great Breitling,and with AR!...i didn't know that,is it from Ruby?...

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
hava said:
i see in the photos that pearl not is in the center. Is real ?
thanks. I like too much these watch, i try the gen and it is impressive.

Yes the pearl is off-center but you have to put your eyes on my watch...not so easy.. :wink:
Don't forget to screw up all the markers on the bezel (as I lost one recently... :roll: )
Otherwise it's a very good rep...with an excellent double AR
I'm waiting for the availability of the SS bracelet..

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
Cool Watch and nice review. Has it stole much wrist time? Love the BB just dont know if I would where it enough.

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
I put a new dial and movement in my blackbird case. It now looks like a chrono colt. Looks nice (sorry, I need to learn to take pictures). I have a ss bracelet for it but think it looks better with a leather strap.

derkai75

22/10/07
nice watch,nice strap...where can i buy this strap???? [smilie=hello2.gif]

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Yannou said:
I'm waiting for the availability of the SS bracelet..

TWP has it with the bracelet on his site.
Its a beauty for sure. Breitlings have certainly grown on me of late and this is way up there on my "want" list now...
I know the bracelet is available, I may hold out for a 2nd run with the bezel pearl placement fixed...