• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BAN DROPSHIPPING!

CJSdftFLAT

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/07
ug...... I am so frustrated. The watch I ordered was not the one I got! I ordered a ultimate bce graphite dial with red "automatic" lettering..... I got a bce v1 black dial/silver subdials with wrong datefont and no ar. WTF! BAN DROPSHIPPING. I was reassured that I would be getting an ultimate by the dealer. CRAP!

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Is it possible that you got the one with golden movement? This doesn't seem to come with AR at all... bad pearl too.

dave123

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/07
Was just looking at a pic on another forum of an HBB from josh that was shipped with the 12 on the dial twice,at the 12 position and at the 10 position.... :lol:

D

d4m.test

and how can we go ahead and enforce the 'ban' of drop shipping?

sorry you didn't get what you wanted.. but its not like the 'staff' of RWI can enforce what the dealers do.. we can take into consideration their service, and we can allow/disallow them to be here, and we can setup rules about how they posts their inventory, thats about it. This forum is not ran by the dealers and the dealers pay no dues.. This is actually just an informational forum, with the opportunity to get a hold of someone to buy goods..

CJSdftFLAT

21/7/07
tnik said:

sorry you didn't get what you wanted.. but its not like the 'staff' of RWI can enforce what the dealers do.. we can take into consideration their service, and we can allow/disallow them to be here, and we can setup rules about how they posts their inventory, thats about it. This forum is not ran by the dealers and the dealers pay no dues.. This is actually just an informational forum, with the opportunity to get a hold of someone to buy goods..

I know.. I was just ranting. I was just so disappointed upon opening the box. I paid for an ultimate...... darn it, I should be receiving one, not a v1.

darkside7

27/1/07
CJSdftFLAT said:
ug...... I am so frustrated. The watch I ordered was not the one I got! I ordered a ultimate bce graphite dial with red "automatic" lettering..... I got a bce v1 black dial/silver subdials with wrong datefont and no ar. WTF! BAN DROPSHIPPING. I was reassured that I would be getting an ultimate by the dealer. CRAP!

which dealer did you order from? i'm pretty close to ordering the same watch myself.

Bearcat

Banned
1/10/06
darkside7 said:
CJSdftFLAT said:

which dealer did you order from? i'm pretty close to ordering the same watch myself.

Yes. Do a service to the board. Post the dealer's name for all to see.

That will have more of an impact on preventing future problems than trying to ban drop-shipping....which none but the dealers themselves have the power to do.

--Doc

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
Drop shipping is my pet peeve. It is however a fact of life in this industry. There are a handful of dealers that do not drop ship, but it reflects it in the selection. I hate it but it is here to stay.

dave123

Banned
20/3/07
tnik said:

Relax Tnik,it is obvious that he is just letting off some steam about a lousy watch purchase,not asking RWI to stop dealers from dropshipping... :roll:

I am surprised you didn't take this thread for what it is... :|

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
banning drop shippers is easy. don't order from them.

D

d4m.test

dave123 said:
Relax Tnik,it is obvious that he is just letting off some steam about a lousy watch purchase,not asking RWI to stop dealers from dropshipping... :roll:

Thanks for noticing that I'm relaxed.. I wasn't trying to start anything, or badmouthing anyone. I understand he was venting, and thats fine.. I was just coming out with the facts that there is no way that you can know/ban/stop anyone from dropshipping..

dave123

Banned
20/3/07
of course,that does not need to be pointed out,thats my point... :roll:

again,going on about RWI not being able to stop that,had nothing to do with the original posters thread,of course nobody can stop dropshippers in this game... :|

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
dave123 said:

I'm surprised that you took such exception to tnik's post. It's not like he flamed the OP, he simply pointed out that there really isn't much anyone can do about it, save for NOT ordering from the dropshipping dealers. Let your money do the talking, right?

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
awww c'mon, misery loves company is all it is.

I feel for you man! i ordered a watch dropshipped and it didnt look like the watch in the pic :( i was guaranteed it was fine, but oh well, that shit happens but its hard to know who's to blame (dropshipper? dealer?)

that's the unfortunate aspect of the "game"

AAGGHH FUUUGG GRAWRRR!!! crick smash!

rainguy

22/3/06
Here's one more vote in favor of some kind of action, ban, boycott, whatever on drop shipping. I just received a Chopard GT XL from one of our respected and reliable dealers (don't want to name anyone as I know this will be made right. Eventually. It's just frustrating) and the crown actually fell off and onto the floor as I lifted the watch from the box it was shipped in. Never even got a chance to set the time, or wind it. Thing just fell off and bounced off the floor. So now I contact the dealer, wait for a reply, go through the hassle of sending back the defective one, blahblahblah.

You have to wonder if the people who select and pack these reps even look at them, let along actually pull out the crown, set the time, etc. to see if everything at least works at some minimal level. This is the one HUGE advantage from ordering from CONUS sources such as WBK and The Prince, both of whom scrupulously examine and test their watches before packing them up. Ditto TTK/Neil, who I think does the same thing. Naarika, too? I think so. Other than that, reliable dealer or not, all the others do is take orders and send the info to some factory for the actual selection and shipping. I bought this watch as a Christmas gift for a friend, and now have to fret about an actual working one getting here on time.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
rainguy said:
Here's one more vote in favor of some kind of action, ban, boycott, whatever on drop shipping. I just received a Chopard GT XL from one of our respected and reliable dealers (don't want to name anyone as I know this will be made right. Eventually. It's just frustrating) and the crown actually fell off and onto the floor as I lifted the watch from the box it was shipped in. Never even got a chance to set the time, or wind it. Thing just fell off and bounced off the floor. So now I contact the dealer, wait for a reply, go through the hassle of sending back the defective one, blahblahblah.

You have to wonder if the people who select and pack these reps even look at them, let along actually pull out the crown, set the time, etc. to see if everything at least works at some minimal level. This is the one HUGE advantage from ordering from CONUS sources such as WBK and The Prince, both of whom scrupulously examine and test their watches before packing them up. Ditto TTK/Neil, who I think does the same thing. Naarika, too? I think so. Other than that, reliable dealer or not, all the others do is take orders and send the info to some factory for the actual selection and shipping. I bought this watch as a Christmas gift for a friend, and now have to fret about an actual working one getting here on time.

ruby does not drop ship and sends you a picture of the actual watch she is shipping you so you can have final approval on the appearance of it. that is as good as it gets in our hobby.

rainguy

22/3/06
Right on Ruby. I forgot her; odd as I just received a watch from her about 2 weeks ago, perfect of course and, as you say, its shipping preceded by a photo of the exact watch she was sending. Right now, my thinking is that I'm going to order only from non-drop shippers. Sure, the good dealers who drop ship are in the end going to make it right, but who needs this when there are hassle-free options such as Ruby, TWP, WBK, Naarika and TTK.