• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

sizing a Pam Bracelet

wilson34

3/9/06
I just ordered a Pam 111 with a SS bracelet and was wondering how hard it was to remove links from the band. I did a search and couldn't find any info on how to remove a link. I noticed on the other side of the bracelet there are 2 screws on each link? Also the bracelet is wrapped and I see two red arrows on each end of the strap? anybody one what that means?

When I go to remove a link is it as simple as just unscrewing the 2 screws in the link and pulling it apart?

any help would be great :D

wilson34

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
There are several varieties of these, mine is held together with pins as in Omega bracelets...removing those screws just releases the shiny front segment of the links, it doesn't separate them....I suspect the red arrows indicate the direction to push the pins out...Hope this helps!!

nora

8/6/07
You have to unscrew 2 screws in 2 links.
After that put it together again.

It´s easy.

The two red arrows are only to show how to take the film off.
That´s what I think.

jdub765

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/07
Mine has small screws in the sides, sorta like the lug screws. Just take the screws out, take the link out, screw it back in.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
if you plan on investing more reps, i would suggest an investment into a screwdriver jewelry set and a link removal tool (one of htose twist kinds work real well).

I swear it has saved me SO much damn time bringing it to a watchsmith.

jdub765

20/7/07
A watchsmith charged me $15 to adjust a cheapy Omega that I bought for $15 (doubling the price of it!) so I went on ebay and bought one of those cheap watch toolkits for $15. Well worth the money as it came with a whole bunch of tools, including screwdrivers. The most useful of them are both the twist-type link removal tool, and the hammer/pin link removal tools.

wilson34

3/9/06
thanks for the help guys. Why does it seem that I heard a Pam 111 wouldn't fit on a ss bracelet? did anyone ever hear that or something like that?

wilson34

buckeye

11/4/06
Wilson:

not all PAM bracelets are created alike! There are issues with the particular fit from some of them that involves grinding of the end links to make things line up. It's generally better to buy a PAM with the bracelet and know it fits then to buy the breacelet and hope it fits...

jdub765

20/7/07
buckeye said:
Wilson:

not all PAM bracelets are created alike! There are issues with the particular fit from some of them that involves grinding of the end links to make things line up. It's generally better to buy a PAM with the bracelet and know it fits then to buy the breacelet and hope it fits...

Yeah, that's true. I bought my ss bracelet separately and I had to file it down a little, and it took a bit of coercing to get on.

Xyphis

4/10/07
Thanx. I was thinking about purchasing one seperately. Now I think I'll just buy the watch AND bracelet, nd if it fits my other, I'm lucky :)

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
mine fits great. be careful of the little bushings with the screws when you take it apart. don't lose them.