• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Will anyone service my Daytona Seconds @ 6?!?!?

bdf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/10/07
I am having no luck locally here in Dallas.

I know Ziggy will but hes not around for a while. The other guys on here said no.

Andrew (trusty) is willing to do it and wterproof it (?) at cost ($90)if I send it back, but I would prefer to not have to shoot it back and forth across the ocean if I dont have to.

Any one have any ideas for me?

Thanks,

BD

faceit

18/6/07
unless you have someone locally, i would send it to a board member.... its always tough to find someone locally that knows their way around or isn't offended by reps....just my 2

good luck!

pit36bus

Known Member
22/10/07
i've heard around here to check some mom & pop watchmakers to see if they are rep friendly. according to the board, many members have had luck in finding one locally.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
DAMN ASIAN 7750's......nothing but headache
good luck finding somebody....and if...it will cost you $ 200 plus shipping..... you should think about exchanging the whole thing to a gen swiss7750
which you get for only 100$ more ....a new asian 7750 is cheaper then servicing it !!

bdf

25/10/07
I can get the real Rolex movement for it for $300? Where!

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
I wouldnt bother servicing it, more then likely servicing is not the problem, there are tollerance issues with the mods. I paid to get it serviced and it still stops (but when it runs its much smoother if thats any consolation).

bdf

25/10/07
In for service now. there is a guy thats a certified Rolex tech he said he can fix it.

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Wow, I'm surprised that a certified Rolex repairman would work on a rep. Let us know how it turns out.

Sean K

bdf

25/10/07
Yeah, he did not say, but pointed in the direction of the store he works for, he will work on about anything I guess, he is just doing it out of his wifes shop on the weekends, guess he is just making a few extra bucks. I guess I will ask if he wants more business, if he does a good job that is.

ill keep you posted.

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
I've had a few people tell me they were rolex certified, only to find out they changed batteries at a local rolex ad. Let us know how everything turns out.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
let us know how it turns out. maybe it will be a good find!

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
its still gunna be hit or miss.. its a design flaw in the conversion of the movement to the proper subdial spacing. Even Ziggy said its just not built properly.. Oiling it will increaase friction and it will still stop like it does now. They build the movements DRY to decrease friction so they run. The movement just isnt strong or powerful enough to power the extra 11 non jewelled transfer gears.

I think your tech is going to be in for a shock when he opens it up and sees all the extra parts and gears under the dial. If this works and he can actually fix it then you may be onto something here.. pls keep us posted!

dizz

bdf

25/10/07
Just talked to the guy, pretty much said that the main spring is too weak to make it run right. Dont know what to do from here, maybe back to China? Or maybe off to Ziggy when he is back?

BD

bdf

25/10/07
He didnt do anything to it, said he couldnt make it work due to the way its designed, the mainspring is not strong enough.

Oh well now what? Ziggy? Back to Trusty?

erd04056

Renowned Member
2/4/06
I tried having mine serviced twice.....Then the dealer sent me another movement. It lasted less than 1 week. :roll: I ended up giving it away as a parts watch. No more for me.

bdf

25/10/07
I am sure Andrew would not expect me to do that. $250 in the garbage?

bazonkers

Known Member
22/10/07
It's a design flaw with all the Daytona's with the running seconds at 6. I bought a 7750 Daytona and I'll never buy one again. It's a time bomb. I've considered replacing it with the vintage Lemania/Seagull Daytona but that's 37mm and it's too small. My Daytona is actually still running but the seconds hand jerks and ticks and doesn't sweep. I'm writing mine off as an expensive learning experience.

That all said, if your watch doesn't run, talk to Andrew. I"m sure he can get you a replacement.