• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Funny review of Rolex Explorer 1 on Gen forum

magick1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/11/06
Some of you might find this funny or interesting. I was doing the google search thing and came across this. It seems some "newbie" posted pics of his Explorer 1 for review and everyone is loving it until about the second page when things fell apart............

site is hxxp://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=20928 as usual do the replace the xx with the tt

southcoast68

Known Member
27/4/06
OMG!! That is just about Canal St quality and most of these folks had too really look hard to notice??!?!! :roll: The 3,6,9, markers almost look like tin foil for gods sake. The rep industry conquered this model to near perfection a while ago. Me thinks this might have been a plant just to see how "expert" the experts are, many of them failed.

CHeers 8)

treeman

9/4/07
Oh man, that is too darn funny!!!! Stuff like this makes me soo happy that I stumbled into our world of finer reps. My Explorer 1 would fool every single one of those guys as it looks a million times better than that watch....has the correct size crown, space between 3,6,9 and the minute markers, minute line between the swiss and made goes all the way through, etc...

Here is a pic of it next to one of my other favs:

DSC01470.jpg