• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO Bracelet, a bit too much shine

2manywatches

19/4/07
I put my PO up to a gen and noticed the gen had a very slight more shine than mine did. SO I polished mine a bit with some semi-chrome and now it has too much shine. How do I tone it down? Brush it? I was thinking one of those green scott-brite dish sponges? any help would be great?

Thanks
V

MZ

Known Member
23/2/07
I found a really good product for giving that nice Satin finish

Its a 3M sanding sponge.

search for "sanding sponge" on http://www.julesborel.com

I would say the finer the better, I have used the Ultra Fine and it works great! Only $2.15 !

Good luck!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
2manywatches said:
thanks,
Ill give that a try
Good, I'd rather see you use that than the scotch brite. I know people use it and swear by it but the brushed finish is too coarse. Albeit close but not close enough to get the shine you want to achieve that is closest to the gen.

R2

jdub765

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/07
MZ said:
I found a really good product for giving that nice Satin finish

Its a 3M sanding sponge.

search for "sanding sponge" on http://www.julesborel.com

I would say the finer the better, I have used the Ultra Fine and it works great! Only $2.15 !

Good luck!

I was searching for alternatives to the $16 satin bars on ofrei when I found this thread. JulesBorel seems like a much better alternative! Except, I don't understand how to order from them. I created a list of stuff I wanted, submitted order, and it said it was submitted w/o any CC info... Do they calculate the order by hand and email you back?

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
hah i was gonna say scotchbrite cuz it was something i read off of timezone to remove deskdives from the clasp :)

i've havent tried it b4 so i have zero say in this matter :(

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Crick,

Either method will work but to get the true finish some of the scotchbrights and their generics are too coarse to replicate the gen finish. I have also seen posts on this and I think it is a alternative field repair, but not the ideal Gen. finish.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
jDub and 2many, if your Conus I can send you each one pad.

jdub765

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/07
R2D4 said:
jDub and 2many, if your Conus I can send you each one pad.
Really?? Awesome! I haven't heard back from julesborel and I need to refinish the bracelet on a Sea Dweller that I bought for my dad for Xmas. I'll PM you!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Any Updates on this subject. Please share your not-so-shiny moments. :D