• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SOSF in water :)

Kris

Horology Curious
9/9/07
So guys, with the crown nice and tight and my thinking the case back is tight, im fine to get the watch wet right? I shouldnt need to worry about moisture under the caseback and my skin after its been wet? I have NOT swum with it, just general washing up, washing my hands , emmersion in water...

Thanks

mickeypro

I'm Pretty Popular
29/6/06
i remember seeing a post where someone had tested it and it did well, but its ultimately up to you to try. keep'em crossed

Kris

Horology Curious
9/9/07
I just splashed it well with water before, so far so good :) i might do a shower test later... ;)

leder

Looking Around
3/5/07
Light water contact shouldn't be a problem. I tested mine in the pool and it's still perfect.

Kris

Horology Curious
9/9/07
Light water, so swimming in a pool without pressure is considered light? I never intend to dive with it....

D

d4m.test

I have a repmar that I go swimming with all the time, wash my hands, etc.. just make sure that the case back is tight..

Before any of that tho I did do the watch in a glass of water trick.. just to make sure..

pit36bus

Known Member
22/10/07
most good quality rep's should be fine with hand washing, splashing and so forth. i probably wouldn't submerge them in water though.

spooky driver

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/4/07
tnik said:
I have a repmar that I go swimming with all the time, wash my hands, etc.. just make sure that the case back is tight..

Before any of that tho I did do the watch in a glass of water trick.. just to make sure..

what trick is that then?

D

d4m.test

not really a trick.. but pour a glass of warm water, put the watch in it and watch for bubbles..

even tho swimming and whatnot will put more forces on it, that will least give you a false sense of security ;)

Caseydog

22/3/06
I wore my Asian SFSO swimming all summer. Not a drop of water. Never even saw the telltale fogging of the crystal.

The crown stem is so damn long on this watch. I was going to sell it, but figured where could I find a $115 watch that is so nice and waterproof.

Swim away.

dlanzer

5/7/07
My cover was hand tight and the oring was without grease. I would check yours out before you test.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
same with mine

dlanzer said:
My cover was hand tight and the oring was without grease. I would check yours out before you test.

Kris

Horology Curious
9/9/07
Any easy way to get the case back off without tools to check the greasing?

mellisn

Horology Curious
21/5/07
Any easy way to get the case back off without tools to check the greasing?

make a ball from duct tape, with the sticky side out. press hard against the caseback and turn. sounds silly but it works, for sure on an SFSO. it is less awkward if you remove one end of the strap

Kris

Horology Curious
9/9/07
ill give it a go, i thought the case back was on a little tighter than that!!!

pwrslider

Renowned Member
4/3/07
I've got 2 that I bought from Josh last year ( when they were adv. as waterproof to 3000m??) I've had both in some serious salt water...freediving to 30+ ft....with ZERO problems....

Don't really know about the 3000m mark....but will let you know when I get there!

searching

5/4/07
Ha! 3000M...

Reminds me of the eddie lee: "waterproof for a quick dash in the rain."

The duct-tape trick works well. And there's always the thrill of putting a rep in a glass of water... I've had good luck so far - only one watch hasn't passed and I just opened it up afterward and dried it out. Can't be good for the watch to get the movement wet, but hey, they're reps, you can take a few risks and not feel too too bad.