• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Maybe stop the Cheerleading on F/S

tiresmoke

8/4/06
It's not bumping in most cases... most of the time it's just post-whoring. However, it doesn't bother me as much as totally crapping on someone's sale.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
BOSS said:
hk45ca said:
sub4me said:
I think bumping a sale for a fellow member is a sign of respect and trust and letting potential buyers know that other members respect the sale as well.

as long as the sale has absolutly no humor in it!!!!! :lol:

Depends on your definition of humour........

LMAO, some people have no sense of humor. Since when did camels, towels, and caves not become funny?? I gotta say forget about the shit I wrote in a few posts, I found some of the responses way funnier.

For example
felipe56 said:
God I laughed so much at this post that I had to take the towel off my head to dry my eyes and then promptly fell off my camel!

I guess that disqualifies me from buying the watch.

and there was another poster who said something abount eating fried camel turds, very funny shit. :D

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
I hate posts that tell others how they should post. The easy answer, dont like a sale thread... MOVE ON.

While we are at it can we make a rule that you can't post a comment asking how well the watch works as a cock ring?

mjv

Renowned Member
16/4/06
doesn't bother me at all...to me it's like commenting on a members recent trade review about a dealer you like ...and you're gonna say what a good dealer he/she is......just rep crazed enthusiasam that's all.....i admit the image of cheerleaders like the ones in the longest yard comes to mind as i read this thread :D

ken72

Renowned Member
19/3/06
no problem with the cheer leading for me. it helps to see that others endorse another member or feel that a certain watch for sale is a great deal. There are two things that bother me though, 1. those or crap on a sale post with comments about pricing, etc.

and #2

someone who takes blurry photos of a $300+ watch. these posts should be deleted by MODs just as quickly as a post craper. if you cant take a decent photo there are plenty of tutorials that explain how to, even with crap cameras. No matter how much someone tries to justify it, it should still leave doubt in the mind of anyone considering the purchase

mjv

Renowned Member
16/4/06
ken72 said:
no problem with the cheer leading for me. it helps to see that others endorse another member or feel that a certain watch for sale is a great deal. There are two things that bother me though, 1. those or crap on a sale post with comments about pricing, etc.

and #2

someone who takes blurry photos of a $300+ watch. these posts should be deleted by MODs just as quickly as a post craper. if you cant take a decent photo there are plenty of tutorials that explain how to, even with crap cameras. No matter how much someone tries to justify it, it should still leave doubt in the mind of anyone considering the purchase

WORD 8)

austin870

Known Member
15/5/07
As constructive criticism, most of the cheerleading looks quite staged and like some kind of used car salesman tactic. It would be interesting to have a poll to see if it is actually hurting sales more than helping.

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
austin870 said:
As constructive criticism, most of the cheerleading looks staged, fake and like some kind of used car salesman tactic. It makes some of us feel like there is something going on behind the scenes and uncomfortable with the item. It starts to have that "little cartel" look.

It would be interesting to have a poll to see if it is actually hurting sales more than helping.

Wow. That's a bit "black helicopter"-ish, IMO. No need to go looking for conspiracies, unless it's the same seller/cheerleader involved over and over.

I have no problem with someone saying "Great deal" or "Nice watch" type things in F/S threads.

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
hooligan said:
I have no problem with someone saying "Great deal" or "Nice watch" type things in F/S threads.

Yeah, me neither, until you've seen 10 F/S posts and on each one, it's the same people saying the same stuff. "Wow, great deal"

Imagine a guy at a party coming up to a woman and saying: "Wow, you are by far the most beautiful lady here". Then imagine seeing him saying it to another woman, and after that to another, and another. Once you've seen him say the same thing to 5 of them, you start to see that he doesn't mean it, it's FAKE.

So the same goes for the standard "great deal!" bumps in the F/S posts... how can they all be great deals? And of course, it IS paying respect when you do it a few times, but nowadays, I believe that kind of comment just appears way to often to seem as if the poster really means it.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I wanted to comment here but my posting budget is all spent.........on second thought Freedom of Speech baby. :D

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
Thankfully, apart from freedom of speech, there is also freedom to think someone is an asshole if they behave in a manner that doesn't please many people. So excersising the right to free speech in unfavourable conditions can lead to social isolation and other unpleasant consequences.

mjv

Renowned Member
16/4/06
I just sold 3 watches in a 24 hour period this past weekend....i just went and re-read all the threads and really only one post echoes the type of post you guys are talkin about...the jump onit-great deal post....but it was from the member i bought it from :shock: no suprise there....it was in fact a good deal....
the rest of the post were lighthearted banter and pm stuff.....i hear what being said here i think...we need to know we can trust one another, bottom line....is this a safe place? most think so...is it perfect no...there's too many of us in here for that :D
V

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
marinlicina said:
Thankfully, apart from freedom of speech, there is also freedom to think someone is an asshole if they behave in a manner that doesn't please many people. So excersising the right to free speech in unfavourable conditions can lead to social isolation and other unpleasant consequences.

Yes. Just ask Sophie Scholl.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
are we this desperate for drama?