• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

7750 reliability in non-chronos

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
How is the reliability for the 7750 (28.8kph) in non-chronos? I understand that most(?) of the 7750 problems are with the chronos buttons. So, I take it that the movement itself overall is pretty reliable in terms of longevity? I'm looking into the auto Pannies with these inside, and wondered how these work out, given that there are no chrono buttons to worry about.

dukas

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/1/07
Hmmm, I'm also curious to know as well. Some expert opinion please. :shock:

b16a2

13/1/07
The thing that makes these unreliable in the long term is the fact that there is no QC, and no servicing before hand. So whether it has chrono's or not, it will still come with the same, possibly dry movement. Get it serviced and you should have no problems.

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
The famous Ziggyzumba, a watch movement expert and resident forum member on RWG has said many times that the New Asia 7750 is a very good copy of the Valjoux 7750 and that, indeed, the most problems come from poor quality control and the movement being dry and dirty out of the factory. He also says that a properly cleaned and serviced Asia 7750 can last decades.

I have two Asia 7750 chrono watches and they both run smooth as silk. Power reserve isn't going to give an ETA a run for it's money, but hey, it's Chinese stuff. I don't operate the chronos though, because there really isn't a time I need them (maybe once a month when someone wants to see them at work).

But the bottom line is: The New Asia 7750 (28.000 bph) is by far the best copy movement and with proper servicing can last a long time, whether in a chrono watch or in a non-chrono watch.

Sperry

2/8/07
marinlicina said:
The famous Ziggyzumba, a watch movement expert and resident forum member on RWG has said many times that the New Asia 7750 is a very good copy of the Valjoux 7750 and that, indeed, the most problems come from poor quality control and the movement being dry and dirty out of the factory. He also says that a properly cleaned and serviced Asia 7750 can last decades.

I have two Asia 7750 chrono watches and they both run smooth as silk. Power reserve isn't going to give an ETA a run for it's money, but hey, it's Chinese stuff. I don't operate the chronos though, because there really isn't a time I need them (maybe once a month when someone wants to see them at work).

But the bottom line is: The New Asia 7750 (28.000 bph) is by far the best copy movement and with proper servicing can last a long time, whether in a chrono watch or in a non-chrono watch.

I have one in my pam168 and I started having some problems with the power reserve and is started running faster and faster. This is a replacement because the first 168 crono didn't work after the first week. So I had T fix it.

He replaced the balance assy, and adjusted the pallet. "Well, I got about 40hrs reserve power out of the PAM now and time is on :) It is as good as the rep 7750 is going to get", T reports!

Get one serviced and you can have a good watch as Ziggy has said.

Sperry

2/8/07
marinlicina said:

I have one in my pam168 and I started having some problems with the power reserve and is started running faster and faster. This is a replacement because the first 168 crono didn't work after the first week. So I had T fix it.

He replaced the balance assy, and adjusted the pallet. "Well, I got about 40hrs reserve power out of the PAM now and time is on :) It is as good as the rep 7750 is going to get", T reports!

Get one serviced and you can have a good watch as Ziggy has said.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
a 7750 without chrono functions operates better than a 7750 with chrono functions IMO.

Through what i've read, most have said a 7750 without chrono is pretty dependable. I say in the least, it's better than a 7750 with chrono because less button pushing and less gears meshing around or jumping to another gear to engage seconds hands, minute hands, etc.

that said, my auto pannie with a 7750 is still running strong... been... 9 months now?

brep

6/6/07
Servicing

You'll have to do some searching - unless this post turns out to be the definitive listing ;-)

Ziggy used to, I don't think so anymore.
Thumbmodds does, I believe - you'd have to ask.

Anyone else?
-B

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i also have been looking for a good watchsmith that services 7750.

i never run my stop watch on my chrono, i had several chronos ( gens )
and - lets be honest.....how often do we need to use them ?
how often have we used the chronos ?
they are just a looker - in my opinion.

b16a2

13/1/07
a 7750 without chrono functions operates better than a 7750 with chrono functions IMO.

Through what i've read, most have said a 7750 without chrono is pretty dependable. I say in the least, it's better than a 7750 with chrono because less button pushing and less gears meshing around or jumping to another gear to engage seconds hands, minute hands, etc.

that said, my auto pannie with a 7750 is still running strong... been... 9 months now?

It's not the button pushing itself that can cause a 7750 to self destruct. If the golden 7750 rules are followed, then using the chrono functions shouldn't add anymore stress to the watch. It's when the movement is unserviced and dry when problems occur, or setting the date between 10pm-4am, or if a chrono is reset without stopping it first etc...

reprep

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/4/06
Asian 7750 reliability

My PAM 087 (non-chrono) with copy 7750 died. My watch repairman said it was (use your best Chinese accent) "verry cheep part inside", and "very difficull to get spare part for dis" . If something does break.....which in my opinion is only a matter of time, who fixes it and where do you get the parts? I can't find anyone who can work on the damn things!