• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

new editions

MICAVI

22/3/07
Is that the Swiss 7750 version of the Timewalker Chrono? Maybe it's just the angle, but your datewheel looks really good. Hook us up with some wrist shots of the MB's.

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
unfortunately just angle,

its funny, they say there is a swiss version but on the sale sites, for king and whoever have it, the date wheel seems the sameas the asian one

mine is asian, sadly, but watch has been great so far

MICAVI

22/3/07
Still looks great. "Androsh" use the same pics from their Asain versions. If you go to kings site you can see how nice the date wheel looks on the Swiss version.

But the gen is under 2 grand so why spend around $700 for a rep, I'd rather get the Asian version or suck it up and buy the gen.

MONTBLANC-024-6.jpg
MONTBLANC-024-4.jpg

Even the swiss version seems to have the date aligned to far to the right within the datewheel cutout.

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
gen chrono is abt 3300 at the store, either way, the reps for this watch are so dam accurate its amazing, who would have know n that they are gonna make perfect reps of MBs, esp when the first TW chrono rep was an asian 21 crapola

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Ni~ce~~ I like that silver Timewalker & GMT! 8)

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
thanks, i need to do a proper wrist check and group shot of all my watches

i still need to fix that bezel on my gmt. cant find any that would be right,

MICAVI

22/3/07
vdubpower said:
gen chrono is abt 3300 at the store, either way, the reps for this watch are so dam accurate its amazing, who would have known that they are gonna make perfect reps of MBs, esp when the first TW chrono rep was an asian 21 crapola

You can find the genuine on the net for under 2 Grand if you know where to look. That's funny you mention the old school Timewalker, I thought it was such a cool rep, even with faux chronos, MNOT BLANC, plastic (felt like it anyway) bracelet, etc. I'm glad they got it right now. The non-chrono version is probably one of the most accurate replicas ever.

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
heck and i had both of the crappy tw chrono,s lol thank god i sol d them

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
I thought you can only get asian 7750? I saw that on trevor's site, figured that's pretty much all there is? also be careful with the crowns, someone on this board lost one on his. another example of an overpriced rep that falls apart.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
that is an interesting sub????

nice cg's? what's the deal? where this one come from vDub?

tomriddle

25/6/07
jiro said:
Ni~ce~~ I like that silver Timewalker & GMT! 8)

until you get it in your hands and notice how unbelievably huge teh dial is :lol:

panerai design indeed!

i think i fate threw me one hell of a curveball by having a FM CONQ 2892 and the MBTW arrive at the same time... :cry: i can't appreciate the masterpiece that is the TW because of the FM Conq

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
one of rivers, tell me is it accurate or way off, honestly i am no way a sub expert, all that stuff u all talk abt, rehault and this and that, its all teh same to me , so please, gimme the info on mine

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
Well I haven't looked at submariners a lot in a while but the rehaut looks shallow in that to me compared to a gen. But vdub I thought you were the one who was into 16613? Maybe I'm mistaken. That's what I started hunting for and I ended with that. Haven't bought a black one. But these days I'm not as concerned with all the flaws on the submariners, there are a LOT of good timepieces that look like submariners with rolex logos on them these days.. I'd suggest wear them and enjoy them :) nobody knows the difference in the real world but the jeweler if you show them :)

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
i think it's just the angle of the photograph cuz it looked like there was some CG work or improvement;

oops... sure it's the angle now :(

anwyways, you still have a nice Sub there! Like the Pearl! My noobmariner Pearl is a POS :( bezel edge looks nice too.

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
oh i forgot to mention my mbw 16613 has a shallow rehaut, but what can u do... i wish there was a vipmariner 16613, I'd definitely have to buy it though I'd want the fully plated midlink on it if there was one :p

redbird

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/5/07
Timewalker

That's a great looking Timewalker.

Added to my (long) list.