• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

001B T Swiss T and L Swiss L

skcheng

28/1/07
Hey RepRisti:

I'm looking to build a pair of 001B PAMs. Got the casebacks, the Jimmy Fu case, nice 6497-2 movement with 56 (or so) power reserve. Non AR coated crystals and looking for Palp/Pam crowns for the 001B.

The Jimmy Fu case and CG really work for me. Truly pretty to look at!!!!

Is there a source for dials for the T Swiss T version of the dial? I'd love to have a tritium 001B to go along with my luminova 001B.

Thanks for the help!!

sherwin

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
DSN's 040 T-Swiss-T dial should work, right? Dunno if the 1B ever came with the T- dial, or only the T dial.

turbogt

14/2/07
skcheng said:
Hey RepRisti:

I'm looking to build a pair of 001B PAMs. Got the casebacks, the Jimmy Fu case, nice 6497-2 movement with 56 (or so) power reserve. Non AR coated crystals and looking for Palp/Pam crowns for the 001B.

Is there a source for dials for the T Swiss T version of the dial? I'd love to have a tritium 001B to go along with my luminova 001B.

Thanks for the help!!

sherwin

Seems like a SUPER-Project! Please share with us all the process.

At least I'm interested in how all those parts become a masterpiece.

Cheers!

skcheng

28/1/07
It's already mostly done. I have only to lume the dial and replace the AR coated crystal for a non-AR coated crystal. Otherwise it's darn near perfect. The Jimmy Fu case and GEN lug screws help with the overall high quality feel :lol:

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
skcheng said:
Hey RepRisti:

Thanks for the help!!

sherwin

Sherwin,
why not just building the 001B_L with Luminova dial ? Don't forget both Tritium (T Swiss T) dial and Luminova (L Swiss L) dial were produced during the same B-series PAM001. Tritium B-series PAM001 are also known as 'transitional' and are more valuable and elusive these days than their Luminova B-series 001 'brothers'.

The thing is, the rep 001/111 painted/sausage dials are already as close to 1:1 as possible and very well replicated from the original, why changing it :) Crystal is still the same, meaning no A/R sapphire.

If you really get hung up on T-dial idea, than I suggest you talk to Ziggy first, as he's done a similar work (changed 'L' letter to 'T') on PAM029 for one of the guys on RWG forum.
cheers,
babola

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
babola said:
skcheng said:
Hey RepRisti:

Thanks for the help!!

sherwin

Sherwin,

why not just building the 001B_L with Luminova dial ? Don't forget both Tritium (T Swiss T) dial and Luminova (L Swiss L) dial were produced during the same B-series PAM001. Tritium B-series PAM001 are also known as 'transitional' and are more valuable and elusive these days than their Luminova B-series 001 'brothers'.

The thing is, the rep 001/111 painted/sausage dials are already as close to 1:1 as possible and very well replicated from the original, why changing it :) Crystal is still the same, meaning no A/R sapphire.

If you really get hung up on T-dial idea, than I suggest you talk to Ziggy first, as he's done a similar work (changed 'L' letter to 'T') on PAM029 for one of the guys on RWG forum.
cheers,
babola

i always enjoy your knowledge of this brand of watch! :D

seraphe

Renowned Member
9/10/06
skcheng said:
.. replace the AR coated crystal for a non-AR coated crystal.

You may also do this...

Remove the non-AR crystal (it should be sapphire, I suppose), bring it to the optician who make glasses, and ask him to AR the crystal for you. Most opticians should be able to do this. Just remember to ask him to do this on the inside and not outside surface of the crystal.

taiji

30/11/06
Here's mine.

1.) Non AR crystal installed
2.) L-Swiss-L dial solid caseback with B1700/3000 (correct production number)
3.) No recessed cannon pin issue

I'm quite satisfied with the current crown and CG.

766252733_d4d578d500.jpg

766252745_5423e2a1ee.jpg

Wishlist :

1.) re-luming

Enjoy this watch alot. Look very close to the real deal.

skcheng

28/1/07
Sherwin,

cheers,
babola[/quote]

I want both the L Swiss L and the transitional :lol:

I figure I could have Vacuum experiment and create a tritium look dial. Currently my crystal on the watch has some blue AR coat but I've already obtained the non AR coated crystal for this project.

Sorry about not cleaning the watch a little better before pics.

[/img]

skcheng

28/1/07
seraphe said:
skcheng said:
.. replace the AR coated crystal for a non-AR coated crystal.

You may also do this...

Remove the non-AR crystal (it should be sapphire, I suppose), bring it to the optician who make glasses, and ask him to AR the crystal for you. Most opticians should be able to do this. Just remember to ask him to do this on the inside and not outside surface of the crystal.

I actually want to remove my AR coated crystal and replace it with a non coated crystal. Vacuum and I double coated some crystals and it worked out well. But the B series Panerai did not have AR coat. Babola knows exactly when they started the AR coating and the exact serial numbers of every Panerai ever produced with and without AR coat :lol:

skcheng

28/1/07
Caseback on my 001B

Are there any flaws to this caseback?? I have two with different serial numbers.

JOEJOEJOE

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/06
Re: Caseback on my 001B

skcheng said:
Are there any flaws to this caseback?? I have two with different serial numbers.

Nah, it's good.

OP 6518, BXXXX/3000. XXXX can be of any number. I am not sure though if your serial number specifically corresponds to T dial B-series Pam 1.

I think what Babola is trying to say is that T dial replica isn't as accurate as L dial.

My next project will also be Pam 1BL, but I probably won't be able to source Jimmy Fu CG.

Great watch bro.

Joe

taiji

30/11/06
Hey PAM01B lover.

I just came back and manage to find 4 pcs of SS polished CGs and with brushed lever.

They are not from Jimmy Fu but will fit on most 44mm PAM reps.

I will take some pics and post it in the sales forum.

Cheers :D

taiji

30/11/06
@Skcheng

So far, the only flaw I can see on the caseback is the digital "3". The gen has a flat top while the rep has rounded top.

skcheng

28/1/07
Wow.....that's some pretty sharp eyes you got there. I just checked and both of my other B casebacks have rounded threes. Nice pickup!!!

sherwin

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
taiji said:
A pic of the gen casback.

Observe the flat top "3"

443069191_09160e3914.jpg

now that is some sharp detective work! good eyes man!!!